Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wirth out at CovCath
CovCath is looking for a new head coach.
A casualty of expectations and Highlands.
How long was his tenure?
I think this is Cov Cath's chance to get over the hump... they always have talented kids but havnt gotten past Highlands in while. Would it be too unnatural for the Colonels to hire an old Highlands guy as HC?
CovCath to hire Dale?
Louisville hired Pitino.

UK hired Calipari.

CCH hire Dale Mueller?
Cov Cath hires Justin Frisk Head Coach!
it will be interesting to see who they hire.
Real Badman Wrote:How long was his tenure?

Six years...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
birdman44 Wrote:Cov Cath hires Justin Frisk Head Coach!

:biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
birdman44 Wrote:Cov Cath hires Justin Frisk Head Coach!

lol......... I'd ask him on Facebook if I wouldn't get killed by all my CovCath friends.

We do need someone to just bring a new mind to the team that can utilize our talents and find creative ways to attack the other team.

Rosenberg did that with offense and defense in terms of up-tempo on offense and bringing pressure on defense.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:lol......... I'd ask him on Facebook if I wouldn't get killed by all my CovCath friends.

We do need someone to just bring a new mind to the team that can utilize our talents and find creative ways to attack the other team.

Rosenberg did that with offense and defense in terms of up-tempo on offense and bringing pressure on defense.

I too think that Rodenberg was a very good coach, but let's not forget that his 2006 team was extremely talented (and I reference 2006 because CovCath beat Highlands twice that year; lost to them in 2005 which was Rodenberg's first year at CovCath), which may have played a bigger role in CovCath's success than Rodenberg's O or D choices. The Sutton kid had an offer from Notre Dame as a TE; Bovard was an extremely talented WR; Sam Flynn was a very good linebacker (does he still hold the tackling record at CovCath?); Geisen was a very good linebacker also; Brandon Brown was a very good DB as was Castanada. Don't remember the kicker's name (Popp maybe?) but I think he got a scholarship to kick in college (at Wake Forest?). No CovCath team since then, in my opinion, as been any where near as talented as the 2006 CovCath team. Which, more than who has been the head coach, may explain why CovCath hasn't beaten Highlands since 2006.
charlie22 Wrote:I too think that Rodenberg was a very good coach, but let's not forget that his 2006 team was extremely talented (and I reference 2006 because CovCath beat Highlands twice that year; lost to them in 2005 which was Rodenberg's first year at CovCath), which may have played a bigger role in CovCath's success than Rodenberg's O or D choices. The Sutton kid had an offer from Notre Dame as a TE; Bovard was an extremely talented WR; Sam Flynn was a very good linebacker (does he still hold the tackling record at CovCath?); Geisen was a very good linebacker also; Brandon Brown was a very good DB as was Castanada. Don't remember the kicker's name (Popp maybe?) but I think he got a scholarship to kick in college (at Wake Forest?). No CovCath team since then, in my opinion, as been any where near as talented as the 2006 CovCath team. Which, more than who has been the head coach, may explain why CovCath hasn't beaten Highlands since 2006.

They should have beat them in 2005, except that fumble in the regular season by Highlands was called not a fumble (which still blows my mind because the kid was so far from being down that he might as have been standing up), and then they lost in the playoffs, which I think they would have won if they had home field advantage, which they were robbed of in the game I just mentioned.

Kicker was Popham.

I agree that CCH hasn't been AS talented, but I also think that coaching not being as good played a big role.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I think maybe both Highlands and Cov. Cath are not as good as they have been in the past imo.