Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good thing the Democrats are in control of Congress...
Because if the Republiucans still were, I wouldn't see this passing.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230598,00.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree with the point that we wouldn't have been sent to Iraq if we had a draft before because they wouldn't want their kids being sent over there.
Conscription

Did not prevent Viet Nam or Korea.

Personally I love the thought of it. Perhaps this is what we need to change the youth and the nation in general, I would perfer that we go the way of Germany, or Switzerland with close to 100% conscription college or not.

Rangel's idea that conscription will prevent war is foolish, the privilaged don't get drafted.
DTfan Wrote:I agree with the point that we wouldn't have been sent to Iraq if we had a draft before because they wouldn't want their kids being sent over there.
This excuse is old and wrong. Saying that it is ALL the Republicans' fault that we are in Iraq is totally bull. I guarantee that in 2001, you wanted to get all of those behind the attacks. And you know what, your Congressmen listened as shown by the MANY Democrats who voted (right beside the Republicans) to go to war. We wouldn’t be in this mess if the idea wasn’t backed by both the GOP and the Dems.

Yes, it might have been the wrong thing to do because we have yet to find WMDs, but all the intelligence pointed to Iraq possessing such weapons. And IMO, we waited too long to attack. The US tried to follow the correct procedures by going through the UN, but that failed miserably as shown by Iraq’s resistance to some of the requests. This delay gave Saddam ample time to move these weapons to other locations (Probably Iran…Wooo).

If the draft happens, it will be due to all of those that were in Congress in 2002, not just Bush and/or the Republicans. It takes more than one to get things of this nature done.

And, yes, if I am drafted, I will be there ready to go!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]