Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
801 Points in a season
Could this record be broken this year?

Mercer Co. is at 702
I'm going to sat that it's highly unlikely. There are only two games left in the season and they are the state semis and the state championship. These games should be close no matter who they play. That's providing they get past OCath. If not then definitely no.
I don't think they will based on what Midee1 has said!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
I'd say no
99 points in 2 games
I don't think it's possible.
Prolly not this year
Midee1 Wrote:I'm going to sat that it's highly unlikely. There are only two games left in the season and they are the state semis and the state championship. These games should be close no matter who they play. That's providing they get past OCath. If not then definitely no.

:Thumbs: :thumpsup:
Very,very unlikely to get past OC and the winner of Russell and Belfry game with a total of 99 points...these are some tough teams thats why they are here.
who holds the 801 record.
JFLDAD Wrote:who holds the 801 record.

Highlands- 1998
I think they score around 35-45 points each of the next two games, which will leave them short.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think they score around 35-45 points each of the next two games, which will leave them short.
They wont score that many,these are top notch teams.
Mercer Co. is good... But they would have to score 45 points in one game, and 46 in the other to at least tie the record... No way its gonna happen in semi's and final's
Mercer will not score over 30 against Belfry/Russell barring they get that far... no matter how great Mercer's offense is..they are a running team playing another great running team..so the clock will be ticking throughout.
Not likely to happen this year. At this stage in the Playoffs it would be near impossible to score that many points against teams this late in the year.
Dont think so pal, sorry
impossible..if they were playing really bad teams, maybe, but to score 99 points in 2 games, the state semifinal game and the state championship game, no way.
I think Mercer is finally going to run into some teams who can match thier play
dfblackcat53 Wrote:impossible..if they were playing really bad teams, maybe, but to score 99 points in 2 games, the state semifinal game and the state championship game, no way.

Yes i agree.
orisonspi Wrote:Mercer will not score over 30 against Belfry/Russell barring they get that far... no matter how great Mercer's offense is..they are a running team playing another great running team..so the clock will be ticking throughout.

That just depends on how well Belfry/Russell's defense plays. Look at the JC/Rock game, JC should have scored 40+
CAM2006 Wrote:Highlands- 1998

I played against them that year........ yeah, they were good.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
yeh i dont see it happenin this year but maybe they can next year
I agree with you, especially this late in the game. Everyone that remains can play some football.:Thumbs:
t-cat50 Wrote:99 points in 2 games
I don't think it's possible.
the fact that they've got that many points this season is def. something to be proud of though!!
orisonspi Wrote:Mercer will not score over 30 against Belfry/Russell barring they get that far... no matter how great Mercer's offense is..they are a running team playing another great running team..so the clock will be ticking throughout.

Sheldon Clark did..
TOMCAT06 Wrote:yeh i dont see it happenin this year but maybe they can next year

Nope, not next year.. That aint going to happen in 5A.. Sorry

They'll be lucky to score 600 in the season..
99 points in 2 games? its impossible
Not impossible but it won't happen.
Don't see it happening. But still is an unbelievable statistic! Congrats Mercer County!
If they had 3 more games maybe but no way they could do it in 2!!