Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Border Bowl Kentucky 33 Tennessee 32
33-32 Final Team KY wins! 3rd straight win for the Good Guys!
TN had this one but dropped the two point conversion with :21, BUT it was not over, they got the onside kick but a couple of great defensive plays saved the day and kept them out of FG range. A great win for the KY all stars.
I LOVED this game!! It's so cool to watch a game like this where it features players from all over!!! I believe the temperature at kick off was 24, but it was so bright and sunny that I got a sunburn on my face. LOL

Great job Kentucky all stars!!!
That is 3 in a row for KY. Great job coaches and players
Every time the Big Orange loses it's a great day. Congrats to all of the Kentucky players, coaches and fans. That's you included , Granny Bear!
OldJacket Wrote:33-32 Final Team KY wins! 3rd straight win for the Good Guys!

way to go Kentucky :Cheerlead
Go Blue!
Congratulations to the Kentucky All stars.. from 64SUR :football:
Always good to beat Tennessee. Double good to beat them in Football. 3 in a row. Go Blue!!
Great win KY ! We haven't beat TN three times straight in anything except in basketball :Cheerlead
How did Brandon Jones and Nathan Pray do??
Great to see the Kentucky boys win another one over Tennessee. Goes to show that we are putting together some really good players out of the commonwealth year in and year out and that will only help our colleges in the long run too. Great job again!!!
How many of you went to the game that had never been before?
I've never attended any of the January all star games, though I never missed any of the old KY-TN all star games played in June. I only live 20 minutes or so from Cumberland U, but I can never seem to convince myself to face that weather.

January (outdoor) all star games essentially guarantee that the vast majority of attendees will be family members, friends and coaches, I think.
I have been a couple of times. They put on a good game.
Congrats and way to make us proud.
Really enjoyed attending this game! Great atmosphere so proud my son could be part of it! Austin Hatfield from Belfry had a good game ran the ball really strong. Brandon Jones played in the backfield but mostly as a blocking back I dont think he had a carry that I remember. He was very good on kickoff laying some big hits and getting in on tackles. As far as defense goes John Conner and Morgan Alexander were beasts on defense for Ky. They were all over the place and could lay the smack down! Ky had a lot of players playing positions they normally didnt play throughout the reg season but Im sure that was expected due to the amount of players. All in all a really good game very entertaining. Offensively Arien Beasley stood out as the biggest playmaker, really quick and could make things happen. He was from the Louisville area.
Beasley is A big time player I don't believe he has any offers up to the Border Bowl. however, I saw some big time colleges talking to him after the game. Believe me he is
D1. If any of you posters have kids that may be on the bubble athletically , or academicly
CONTAC ME BY PM I have made some connections that may be just what your kid needs. That goes for every one. I attended the game with two scouts, straight up guys, they need some players they sent 25 kids into D1 next year. If I can be of any help contact me or 64, or Granny bear we are for all the Eastern Ky, Kids.
Oh yes Hatfield is A full blooded FULLBACK 100% Strong runs like A minniebus.
Stats

RUSHING
Arien Beasley (N. Oldham) 11 carries, 113 yard, TD
Donald Brooks (Trinity)- 6 Carries, 67 yards
Austin Hatfield (Belfry)- 13 carries, 60 yards, TD
Clark Griffith (Scott Co)- 1 car, 5 yds
Davis Mattingly (Male)- 1 car, 4 yards
Ellis Cain (Male)- 2 carries, 3 yards
Clay McKee (Scott Co)- 3 carries, -8 yards
Reese Ryan (LexCath)- 3 carries, -26 yards

PASSING
Reese Ryan (LexCath) 9/12 129 yards 2 TD 1 INT
Davis Mattingly (Male) 1/2 42 yards, TD
Clay McKee (Scott County) 0/1

RECEIVING
Tequan Claitt (Bryan Station) 5 rec, 50 yards
Malik Walker (PRP) 1 rec, 42 yards, TD
Arien Beasley (N. Oldham) 2 rec, 40 yards, TD
Ellis Cain (Male) 2 rec, 39 yards, TD
Defensive Stats (Leaders)
Connor John (S. Oldham) 12 Tackles, 7 Assists, INT
Morgan Alexander (McCracken Co) 6 Tackles, 2 Assists
Shaun Whittinghill (Moore) 6 Tackles, 1 Assist, 1 Sack
Dalton Anderson (Corbin) 5 Tackles, 1 Assist
William Pope (Central) 3 Tackles 3 Assists
A few of my thoughts watching the replay:

- The Beasley kid surprised me. Very good ball player that I will be honest and say I wasn't really aware of. Very good dual threat back who had over 2000 yards and 35 TD's this year . I think a FCS school will be lucky to land him!

- Austin Hatfield is a man. Somewhere out there a FCS or even smaller FBS team needs a Fullback and Hatfield is him. Put on a show at FB.

- Donald Brooks looked good.

- Bryant Pirtle's stat line does not stand out, but that kid is a monster and disrupted the game in a multitude of ways.

- Reese Ryan played a very good game.
Austin Hatfield's yardage came from the middle of the pack, where grit and strength matter!! He absolutely impressed me from the start to the finish!!
Anyone got a replay of this game on the net anywhere?
Found it...

[YOUTUBE="Border Bowl 2015"]IJ_dWj3d1bo[/YOUTUBE]
Hatfield is as good as any fullback you will find.
Gitback Coach Wrote:I've never attended any of the January all star games, though I never missed any of the old KY-TN all star games played in June. I only live 20 minutes or so from Cumberland U, but I can never seem to convince myself to face that weather.

January (outdoor) all star games essentially guarantee that the vast majority of attendees will be family members, friends and coaches, I think.

the weather was warm last year but too cold this year :yikes:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Found it...

[YOUTUBE="Border Bowl 2015"]IJ_dWj3d1bo[/YOUTUBE]

thanks for sharing.
Check out his highlight.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2244865/high.../222899383
Chasin Bucs Wrote:Check out his highlight.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2244865/high.../222899383

Good job keeping to his feet and driving those legs! What schools are interested in him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi