Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 72 Knox county central 41
All the 13th region fans can make excuse after excuse but the fact is- The 14th region is just showing how much better they are then the 13th region.
Knott killed Harlan, Perry killed Knox, Hazard sucks and Clay is the #1 team in the 13th and Hazard looked just as good as them. Plus Hazard will beat Harlan today. Knott will beat Clay then the loser of Buckhorn and Perry will beat Clay in the 3rd place game.

I wish more 15th region teams would have played, would have made a much better tournament. Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, Betsy Lane, and Valley are all better than Harlan County and Knox.
The 14th is looking good...But if CC gets their heads out of their rears they are as good as anyone in the mountains....Big ole "IF" at this point tho.
Granny Bear Wrote:You know, I have the utmost respect for Beverly and his skill set but I am shocked at this game. I really thought Barger would have a huge effect on him, but I was wrong.

Congrats Dores!!

This tournament has always been geared for Knott County and Perry County to play the finals. This year is no exception and it will be a great game!!

I remember the first time I ever saw these two teams play. It was on TV and Knott County brought in an 8th grader early in the game. It was Justice. He reared up for his first shot, a three pointer......nothing but net. Very soon after that Perry County brought in a 7th grader who shot the three pointer every bit as good. It was Beverly. So these two have been head butting ever since.

I'm excited for the game between these two.

Just so you know, Justice played for East Ridge as an 8th grader, his first year at Knott Central he was a freshman
When Beverly was a 7th grader Justice did not play in the 14th region, Micke Slone and Roberts were Seniors for Knott and Justice did not play with those boys.
Look at CrazyHorse calling out Granny Bear lol

I just let it go because of her old age.
UK#24 Wrote:All the 13th region fans can make excuse after excuse but the fact is- The 14th region is just showing how much better they are then the 13th region.
Knott killed Harlan, Perry killed Knox, Hazard sucks and Clay is the #1 team in the 13th and Hazard looked just as good as them. Plus Hazard will beat Harlan today. Knott will beat Clay then the loser of Buckhorn and Perry will beat Clay in the 3rd place game.

I wish more 15th region teams would have played, would have made a much better tournament. Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, Betsy Lane, and Valley are all better than Harlan County and Knox.

Well, no reason for anybody to watch as this thing is already played out. Seriously, Knott is the best team in the mountains, and I am a Clay County fan. I even picked them to win Friday night, but I wouldn't be so quick to write the Tigers off as far as the other 14th region teams. Maybe not even the Patriots,depending on how things go down. I take the Black Bears over the Bulldogs, too. If the 3rd place game is Clay vrs Buckhorn as it probably will, can't see Clay losing. Knott and Perry at the top of the 14th make it better than the 13th, but the 13th is stronger from top to bottom.
Knox played scared & not the same team I've seen this season.Perry smothered them and they threw up some ill advised shots early.No offensive rebounding in the first quarter and Beverly just put flat put on an exhibition.Perry played crazy good.
UK#24 Wrote:All the 13th region fans can make excuse after excuse but the fact is- The 14th region is just showing how much better they are then the 13th region.

I'll put money on Harlan against Hazard and if Clay loses to Knott I'll put money on them in the 3rd place game. And just because you play 1 bad game doesn't mean your no good. Knox has played some of the best teams in the state right to the wire. And you saw Clay's worst game of the year. Listen Perry lost to Betsy Lane and Corbin a team that Clay beat easily. And Buckhorn barley beat a horrible Leslie County team at home and has played absolutely no one other than Perry Central. Now Knott is for real. But if you are so confident that the 13th is horrible, put your money where your mouth is.
Knott County is the best team in the MT. but, the 13th is better if you go from top to bottom.