• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2015
After coming off a 14-1 record in 2014. Williamsburg will need to reload with losing 11 starter on offense and 8 or 9 on defense. It can be done most of the none starter play more than the starter last year except for 3 games. I still see Williamsburg being a passing team...Maybe someone more closer to the program can help me out. Good luck Williamsburg I have enjoyed the ride for 4yrs of great football. See y'all next fall. :Cheerlead
The road will be tougher to make it out of their region with Pikeville in the mix. But Paintsville showed anything is possible on an given night. I think Williamsburg will be in the mix. Lots of teams looking to replace key players lost to graduation. 1A will have the same perenial teams in the mix though, on the east side of the bracket. Raceland, Paintsville, Williamsburg, Hazard, and Pikeville. They have all shown they can remain in the mix, even in "rebuilding years". One of them will be representing the east again.
Williamsburg won't take long, the system is simple and they will start Monday Weights and repition of the simple but effective system, you guys just prepare like it was the past year.
Williamsburg will win their district.
Williamsburg will be down after losing quire a bit of talent. But they will still be good enough to win there district. The past 4 years the team has been up and I don't expect them to be that good again for a few years..
bac2369 Wrote:Williamsburg will be down after losing quire a bit of talent. But they will still be good enough to win there district. The past 4 years the team has been up and I don't expect them to be that good again for a few years..

I dont think anyone expected Paintsville to be in the Regional Championship or Pikeville to be sitting at home the last week of November. This season showed any team fundamentally sound and well coached football team can beat a more atheletic team on any given night as long as they execute.

With that said, its going to be hard for Williamsburg to duplicate what they did the last 2 seasons, next year. Herron is a great coach, but they returned essentially the same team with a better or atleast more versatile qb. Next year, I dont think that they will be able to do the same thing at every position. They will be in the hunt though, everyone else in the east has holes to fill.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I dont think anyone expected Paintsville to be in the Regional Championship or Pikeville to be sitting at home the last week of November. This season showed any team fundamentally sound and well coached football team can beat a more atheletic team on any given night as long as they execute.

With that said, its going to be hard for Williamsburg to duplicate what they did the last 2 seasons, next year. Herron is a great coach, but they returned essentially the same team with a better or atleast more versatile qb. Next year, I dont think that they will be able to do the same thing at every position. They will be in the hunt though, everyone else in the east has holes to fill.

Scotty_Bronson you have Williamsburg fever for sure. :theman: Williamsburg lost everything.
64SUR Wrote:Scotty_Bronson you have Williamsburg fever for sure. :theman: Williamsburg lost everything.

Williamsburg had a good run.its all down hill from here Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Scotty_Bronson you have Williamsburg fever for sure. :theman: Williamsburg lost everything.

They will be in no way shape or form, anything close to what they were the last 2 years. Lucky for them though, other teams will be rebuilding or replacing as well. On the other hand, I kind of expect Raceland to make a similar run to what Williamsburg did the last 2 years.
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg had a good run.its all down hill from here Confusednicker:

Sorry pjdoug Williamsburg still should have around 50 player and that pretty good number for 1A. Williamsburg will still be in the mix of play-off run. :truestory:
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg had a good run.its all down hill from here Confusednicker:

They will be better than most think next year, especially if the QB develops , but not close to the last two years...The next few years talent will be more balanced by class and not so top heavy like this year...There is talent coming, give it 2 years and Wburg will be in the hunt again...Hell we are out recruiting already, but don't tell Fash...Confusedhh:

Pj you have been awful quite lately, and where is Gut...
Returning players that contributed and played signicant minutes...
Austin Husky
Stone Hughett
Dakota Dunn
Dalton Shackleford
Hagen Paul
Darrell White
Jordan Osburn
Jake Harrison
Alex Patterson
OldJacket Wrote:Returning players that contributed and played signicant minutes...
Austin Husky
Stone Hughett
Dakota Dunn
Dalton Shackleford
Hagen Paul
Darrell White
Jordan Osburn
Jake Harrison
Alex Patterson

Big plus...Sophmore Hunter Browning and Silcox. :Cheerlead looking better all the time. Now if some of them Whitley county boys want to play some football come-on over. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Big plus...Sophmore Hunter Browning and Silcox. :Cheerlead looking better all the time. Now if some of them Whitley county boys want to play some football come-on over. :popcorn:
Thanks 64 can't believe I forgot Browning and Silcox...Browning played really well too bad he was injured and missed the Mayfield game...Sicox looked good running the ball, showed some speed and toughness...
Dunn, Browning, Shackleford, Paul, Hughlett, Husky, White, and Paul all were starters or got a start during the season...
64SUR Wrote:Big plus...Sophmore Hunter Browning and Silcox. :Cheerlead looking better all the time. Now if some of them Whitley county boys want to play some football come-on over. :popcorn:

Why not just play a game. I think Whitley be willing come on over and play. Give Mr. Siler or Coach Chappell a call.
Fever the Colonels will be pretty good next year....
OldJacket Wrote:Fever the Colonels will be pretty good next year....

I hope but 64 shouldn't be on here doing a little Internet recruiting. There is a few players that could come out to Whitley and get us over the top✌️
footballfever Wrote:I hope but 64 shouldn't be on here doing a little Internet recruiting. There is a few players that could come out to Whitley and get us over the top✌️

I think 64 just like myself is trolling Flash Light...
Who played the middle linebacker position for burg..? I know I remember seeing husky on the outside..
bac2369 Wrote:Who played the middle linebacker position for burg..? I know I remember seeing husky on the outside..

Probably Patrick or Kissinger....Husky and Shackleford will be good LBs next year....
footballfever Wrote:I hope but 64 shouldn't be on here doing a little Internet recruiting. There is a few players that could come out to Whitley and get us over the top✌️

:dudecomeon: Internet recruiting :lmao: looking for my trolling licenses now.
footballfever Wrote:Why not just play a game. I think Whitley be willing come on over and play. Give Mr. Siler or Coach Chappell a call.

It would looked better if Whitley would call :phone: And show some Respect....Williamsburg has your attention now thats a good thing. :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:It would looked better if Whitley would call :phone: And show some Respect....Williamsburg has your attention now thats a good thing. :HitWall:

Tell ya what. If you let all the kids that live outside city limits suit up for Whitley, then we'll call it a deal.
Williamsburg will win the district with the defense that is coming back. Offense will have to develop fast.
Any idea what the schedule looks like? I know Lynn Camp, Harlan, and Pineville in the district. I've heard South Laurel for the Alumni Bowl and that Leslie County and Somerset are also on it. That still leaves four games.
Leslie and Somerset a very good pick ups. Those 2 teams are very similar to Hazard and Pikeville especially offensively. Those 2 teams could easily be Williamsburgs 2nd and 3rd round playoff games if all falls into place.
I have also heard Williamsburg will be playing LCA and Paintsville this season. Not sure if this is true. Everybody wanting to play Williamsburg. :popcorn:
OldJacket Wrote:They will be better than most think next year, especially if the QB develops , but not close to the last two years...The next few years talent will be more balanced by class and not so top heavy like this year...There is talent coming, give it 2 years and Wburg will be in the hunt again...Hell we are out recruiting already, but don't tell Fash...Confusedhh:

Pj you have been awful quite lately, and where is Gut...

I have my reasons Smile. Who is the likely quarterback for Williamsburg next year? leave the Whitley County players alone
OldJacket Wrote:Fever the Colonels will be pretty good next year....

I think 64 will come down with Colonel fever
  • 1(current)
  • Next