Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 37 - Broncos 28
Bengals finally win a game against a premier opponent on a big stage. If Dalton can get his act together, this team could make some noise in the playoffs. Running game was very effective again and the defense played lights out in the first half. Manning intercepted four times. Dre Kirkpatrick seals the win with two picks including a pick 6.
This win spells doom for the ravens... They going find it hard making playoffs now!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
samson81 Wrote:Bengals finally win a game against a premier opponent on a big stage. If Dalton can get his act together, this team could make some noise in the playoffs. Running game was very effective again and the defense played lights out in the first half. Manning intercepted four times. Dre Kirkpatrick seals the win with two picks including a pick 6.

I don't get this whole "The Bengals do not win on the Big Stage" deal. Under Dalton, the Bengals are 3-6 in Playoff and Prime Time games (Night Games). That's a .333 winning percentage, which is poor but it's not like it was .000. The media even made the fans believe that Dalton had never won a prime time game.

As for making noise in the Playoffs, it has nothing to do with Dalton and ALL to do with the Bengals racking up over 200 yards rushing like they have done in 5 of their last 6 wins! The running game has been more than "very effective", it has been downright dominant!
A great win for the Bengals...

I don't care how, or where, or against whom....? I've waited since 1990 for a PLAYOFF win and I'm hoping this is the season they finally win one!!!

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:A great win for the Bengals...

I don't care how, or where, or against whom....? I've waited since 1990 for a PLAYOFF win and I'm hoping this is the season they finally win one!!!

Confusednicker:

Me to but you always have people like gut who just want to run their pie holes..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Bengals D stepped up bigtime!! That was a huge step for Dalton to get past...plus who better to beat in the spotlight than Peyton who has DOMINATED the AFC North division. Not sure if he's ever lost a game against any opponent in the North till last night.
WhoDeyNation Wrote:Bengals D stepped up bigtime!! That was a huge step for Dalton to get past...plus who better to beat in the spotlight than Peyton who has DOMINATED the AFC North division. Not sure if he's ever lost a game against any opponent in the North till last night.

Dalton played terrible.
If the bengals continue to play like this, I think they will win a playoff game.
Stardust Wrote:I don't get this whole "The Bengals do not win on the Big Stage" deal. Under Dalton, the Bengals are 3-6 in Playoff and Prime Time games (Night Games). That's a .333 winning percentage, which is poor but it's not like it was .000. The media even made the fans believe that Dalton had never won a prime time game.

As for making noise in the Playoffs, it has nothing to do with Dalton and ALL to do with the Bengals racking up over 200 yards rushing like they have done in 5 of their last 6 wins! The running game has been more than "very effective", it has been downright dominant!

I think the Bengals bad "big game" reputation has more to do with some really awful performances in those games(such as the first Browns game and Colts game this season). The running game and defense can carry the team to an extent, but I think a potential Super Bowl run depends heavily on Dalton's level of play. It's hard to picture the Bengals beating the Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, and maybe even the Cowboys right now without Dalton playing well.
samson81 Wrote:I think the Bengals bad "big game" reputation has more to do with some really awful performances in those games(such as the first Browns game and Colts game this season). The running game and defense can carry the team to an extent, but I think a potential Super Bowl run depends heavily on Dalton's level of play. It's hard to picture the Bengals beating the Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, and maybe even the Cowboys right now without Dalton playing well.

Really? LOL, they just beat the #3 defense in Football and #2 rushing defense, without Dalton having to win the game with his arm! Could they play that way against Seattle, the #1 D, probably not, but who knows! But they just completely WAXED the #3 Defense in the league and you believe Dalton has to play any better than last night to beat the #12 Green Bay, #13 New England, #16 Dallas. And he did it all without AJ Green!

If I remember correctly, the Baltimore Ravens won two Super Bowls with their Defense and Running game. No, this is the formula for the Bengals. The Bengals must continue to play grind it out football. They must continue to dominate both lines of scrimmage. Andy's best role for the remainder of the year is screens and flats and only look to hit the long ball when AJ has 1:1 coverage. Outside of that, let him perfect the handoff!

And the Bengals in the last two years have proven that they do not have to play shoot-out football against the "Prolific" offenses in order to win. In the last two years, they have beaten the Packers, Patriots and Bronco's when the featured player on offense came from someone standing behind Andy! Ball control football and play the field position, and this team will compete with anyone!