Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Steve Smith The Best Receiver Ever......
alfus21 Wrote:How can they not even be close when the consistantly have better numbers than Smith year in and year out excluding last sesaon?

Two 1,000 yard seasons in 5 years doesn't qualify for best of all time in my book, and I really wonder how it puts up there for yours.

I'm not looking at numbers, I'm looking at how he produces, runs routes, gets open, catches the ball, and makes plays. Not to mention he does all this at 5'9 and with teams being able to focus a lot on him (K Johnson draws some attention away, but most teams only worry about Smith)
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:I'm not looking at numbers, I'm looking at how he produces, runs routes, gets open, catches the ball, and makes plays.

All those things you just mentioned effect his numbers....

I dont care if he's 4'5, he doens't deserve to be called "the best ever" yet.... Now if he produces those numbers for 8 or 9 years... you could have a point....

WR size in the NFL means less now than it ever has before because most corners are smaller than they have ever been... look how many WR's under 6 feet there are in the league now....
BFritz Wrote:I'm not looking at numbers, I'm looking at how he produces, runs routes, gets open, catches the ball, and makes plays. Not to mention he does all this at 5'9 and with teams being able to focus a lot on him (K Johnson draws some attention away, but most teams only worry about Smith)

That doesn't make since. If he was the best ever he'd produces big numbers. So you're just saying this because of a few great catches he makes and the big season he had last year?

Look at his career stats. They're not that impressive.

You're not doing a good job of convincing me here Fritz. Get over his size. It's not that big of a deal.
No Way!!
He is good and he demands respect on the field, but he isnt no Rice! Which is proven to be the best ever!
alfus21 Wrote:That doesn't make since. If he was the best ever he'd produces big numbers. So you're just saying this because of a few great catches he makes and the big season he had last year?

Look at his career stats. They're not that impressive.

You're not doing a good job of convincing me here Fritz. Get over his size. It's not that big of a deal.

Have you ever watched a game in the NFL? Size is one of the most important factors in wide receivers, especially height. Take Randy Moss for example, for the Vikings, he'd just go long and they'd throw the ball up to him, he'd use his height and jump over players. Receiving in the NFL has a lot to do with the physical abilities and attritubes to go get the ball, which Steve Smith produces without height or really anything else.

I was wrong about him being the best ever for his size, I'll admit that, but I still think his production when you consider his size ranks him very high up.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life