Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 2015
Next season should be another good year for the panthers. They will have all of theirs skill players back minus 2 (Barger and Adams ) will have to replace center and o tackle on offense. Defense 1 d-lineman and LB and DB.

I expect a very good team on the field next season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
My analysis so far. (Trust me guys I'm couch coach material):
knox loses 6 major contributors, barger (do it all player), Castle (OL/DL), Sprinkles (offensive lineman), Lockard (OL/DL/LB), Adams (WR), and Owens (LB). As you can see, they didn't lose much. All 6 started, but knox will be okay. On defense, Barger was the only senior that started towards the end of the year, and Arthur (42) will take his spot. This team looks to be great on defense next year. The part im worried about is on offense. Losing 3 offensive lineman and 2 receivers will be tough to do. There are lots of bright spots, however. Stewart is a great young quarterback with a lot of potential. Then you throw in all of the young kids who will get in the weight room this year, and things start to look not so bad for Knox. With the big dogs leaving 4A (except for JC and Owensboro), this class becomes wide open. I look for Knox to be a favorite to win district with a chance to compete for a region title.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:My analysis so far. (Trust me guys I'm couch coach material):
knox loses 6 major contributors, barger (do it all player), Castle (OL/DL), Sprinkles (offensive lineman), Lockard (OL/DL/LB), Adams (WR), and Owens (LB). As you can see, they didn't lose much. All 6 started, but knox will be okay. On defense, Barger was the only senior that started towards the end of the year, and Arthur (42) will take his spot. This team looks to be great on defense next year. The part im worried about is on offense. Losing 3 offensive lineman and 2 receivers will be tough to do. There are lots of bright spots, however. Stewart is a great young quarterback with a lot of potential. Then you throw in all of the young kids who will get in the weight room this year, and things start to look not so bad for Knox. With the big dogs leaving 4A (except for JC and Owensboro), this class becomes wide open. I look for Knox to be a favorite to win district with a chance to compete for a region title.

Owensboro moves up to 5A next season.
Will be a great year in knox county we got the district title now eyes are set for region and make a run at state. the seniors from this season will be missed dearly but set the standard for all underclassmen for next season.
The weight room will be very key for both OL and DL. I also expect stewart to throw a lot more in the incoming season. the district is a little tougher with Wayne Co. coming to the party but, as of right now IMO knox is the Favorite. Also IMO Knox will lean on the defense for at least the first 2 games until they get a rhythm. for Knox to be successful they HAVE to be able to THROW the ball and less TO's. I really believe both of those hurt them this passed season. Yes they can run the ball and that will be there for them but, there overall offensive scheme has to get better so they can compete like in 08 or 10. I love this community and this school those young men that suit up on friday night will give it all on the field I expect nothing less....

WE ARE KC!!!!!
Pantherfan59 Wrote:My analysis so far. (Trust me guys I'm couch coach material):

Believe your wrong there. Only lose 2 sprinkles and castle. Lockard didn't start on line was used as a backup. On defense you forgot Hinkel who started all season on the line. Barger was the only one who started on both sides of the ball just about every game that was a sr.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
With the kid that was Qb at middle school last year coming up he should step in to Barger's WR spot. Can't remember his name but he is fast an pretty tall from what I remember of him. With Stewart being the Qb the coach will move him to a wideout.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
good luck Knox
Thanks for the clarification about Owensboro. I feel like Rock will be much improved next year and Clay will be too... If and only if they get the right coach. The 8th grader you are referring to is Adam Renfro. They will also bring in Tucker Holland and Nick Martin who will get some PT as well. Adam will play WR along with Martin, and Tucker will play DL or LB on defense, and FB and possibly some guard on offense. I don't think any other 8th grader will make an immediate impact. Hopefully I'm wrong.
On the D-line Knox will have 3 seniors and a junior next year, if the 4-3 or 4-4 is ran. I would love to see them move to a 5 front honestly. At Linebacker, they will have 3 seniors and a Junior starting for them. DB start to get a little greener, as they have a sophomore at corner, safety, and a junior at the other corner. I don't see many teams running on Knox next year. Kinda like this years team was. But, if a team presents an air raid, that could be a problem. The DB's are the youngens of the group.
On offense, they will start two seniors, two juniors and a Sophomore at center. This group will have to hit the weights hard to have success along with the books. I think they'll be just fine though. Knox runs zone, which isn't a hard concept to understand. The QB will just be a junior which is good. Hopefully he can work on making quicker throws and being more consistent. At times I felt like he was the best playmaker on the team, and at other I felt like he stalled their progress. He won't be green anymore though. Their full back will be a senior (Starts linebacker as well), and they have plenty of depth at RB. Mills will be back to his normal self next year, along with Johnson, and Arthur who was a very nice surprise for Knox this past season. Carton, who starts at Corner, can also at running back if needed. At receiver, the addition of 2 upcoming freshman will provide some much-needed depth for the panthers. Renfro and Martin are both tall, and will be good options to throw to. At tight end, wells (who will also start linebacker) will be a junior. This kid has talent. McRight will also be an option for the tight end spot or as a slot receiver. Wells can also play slot. McRight will be a senior. A name I didn't mention is Jared hall and I did that because he will play everywhere next season. Slot, fullback and running back. He also starts at linebacker. (Will be a senior). He will find a spot in that offense, it just depends on where he's needed.
I would love to see Knox become a pass first team next year. Will it happen? I'm not sure. But they have the athletes to spread it out. The zone run in a spread formation is killer.
Pantherfan59 Wrote:On offense, they will start two seniors, two juniors and a Sophomore at center. This group will have to hit the weights hard to have success along with the books. I think they'll be just fine though. Knox runs zone, which isn't a hard concept to understand. The QB will just be a junior which is good. Hopefully he can work on making quicker throws and being more consistent. At times I felt like he was the best playmaker on the team, and at other I felt like he stalled their progress. He won't be green anymore though. Their full back will be a senior (Starts linebacker as well), and they have plenty of depth at RB. Mills will be back to his normal self next year, along with Johnson, and Arthur who was a very nice surprise for Knox this past season. Carton, who starts at Corner, can also at running back if needed. At receiver, the addition of 2 upcoming freshman will provide some much-needed depth for the panthers. Renfro and Martin are both tall, and will be good options to throw to. At tight end, wells (who will also start linebacker) will be a junior. This kid has talent. McRight will also be an option for the tight end spot or as a slot receiver. Wells can also play slot. McRight will be a senior. A name I didn't mention is Jared hall and I did that because he will play everywhere next season. Slot, fullback and running back. He also starts at linebacker. (Will be a senior). He will find a spot in that offense, it just depends on where he's needed.

He might not be at KC for high school heard he maybe going to Corbin for HS
As years past Knox is always strong against the rush. The problems is they are horrible against the pass. It has been that way for years. You can go back to the Wayne Mills era and see they sucked against the pass just as bad as they do now. The problem is they don't play enough teams that throw the ball that much. And when they do play a good passing team they really struggle. It's not so much the kids as it is they practice it that much, other than in the summer when they do 7 on 7.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I agree but disagree at the same time. Chaz Martin knows how to teach and motivate those DB's he knows what needs to be done. We played as well in the pass with wayne there as of now. Yes I agree we need to play teams that throw the ball and I think they will this season with playing a Boyle at home for the first time ever this past season will light the fire under these kids. In 2010 they just wanted to win the regional championship because they knew for a fact they were going to be there yeah district is all fine and dandy but those young men wanted something more they wanted Boyle Co. with the now USC linebacker Lamar Dawson to come to James H. Hampton stadium for a war that is what they wanted. The three goals for this team should be like most teams 1. District Title, 2. Regional Title, 3 State champs. If they don't win district I'm not going to say I'm not happy but bring on the road to region thats where wayne built that 2010 team from the road Playing in Lawrence Co. that filled that fire those boys in the winter of 09. Im a proud believer of this program they will make this a magical season in good ole Barbourville, Ky

WE ARE KC!!!
Pass defense is about athleticism, and most importantly, being smart and using your football instincts. I believe Chaz does prepare these boys. Whether they actually listen to him or not, no one will know. But the tools are there. The coaching staff at KC is very experienced. Hope they can get the offense together next year. And by that I mean better play calling.
Chaz is a great coach and motivater no one gives more to this team than him. He is the first to chew your butt if you mess up and also the first to praise you when you do it right. Like I said though the problems lies with not playing enough pass oriented teams early in the year to get you ready for those teams come playoffs is the problem.

I also agree we need better play calling by the offense. Have to mix things up more!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!