Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KFCA Awards
The Kentucky Football Coaches Association has named its Player of the Year and Coach of the Year in all six classes.

Player of the Year winners were Male quarterback Davis Mattingly (Class 6-A), Madison Southern running back Damien Harris (5-A), North Oldham running back Arien Beasley (4-A), Estill County quarterback/linebacker Trevor Jones (3-A), Caldwell County quarterback Elijah Sindelar and Russellville quarterback/defensive back Ta’Corian Darden.

Coach of the Year winners were Central Hardin’s Tim Mattingly (6-A), Iroquois’ Preston King (5-A), Franklin-Simpson’s Doug Preston (4-A), Estill County’s Mike Jones (3-A), Caldwell County’s David Barnes (2-A) and Pikeville’s Chris McNamee (A).

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/kfca-recogni...each-class
Congrats to all winners. I'm sure all were very deserving of this honor.

This is by no means a slight towards Coach Jones of Estill Co., but it would have been nice to see Russell's T.J. Maynard get a little recognition in 3A. Prior to Coach Maynard's arrival Russell hadn't won a district title since '07, a region title since '06, and had not won more than 7 games in a season since '07. In his first year with the Red Devils, he led the team to 11 wins and both a distict and regional championship. I doubt many people thought Russell would be that accomplished in year one under Coach Maynard.
its a joke.....dixie makes it to the 6A state finals and what borcher did at cooper. its a crime. not sure i spelled his name right.
I don't know who Preston King is, but he BY FAR did one of the best turn arounds of a programs ive ever seen in this state.
Hopefully he can Iroquois playing at a high level.
Harris misses half the season and he's the player of the year in 5-a? PLEASE
How do you not give Ratliff from Shelby Valley 2a coach of the year ?
mountaineer man Wrote:harris misses half the season and he's the player of the year in 5-a? Please

we have this conversation many times over......qb from w'burg throws 43td passes with only 2 int and runs for 35td. Passes for nearly 3000 yds and runs for about 1300 yds. These numbers aren't exact i know but they are close. Not to mention he leads his team to the state championship game and throws for over 200yds and runs for another 80 yds. That is player of the year type numbers. Yet he isn't player of the year? Not taking anything away from the player that won it by any means......i'm certain he had great numbers......but how are these things actually determined?
Mountaineer Man Wrote:Harris misses half the season and he's the player of the year in 5-a? PLEASE

I agree.
Didn't agree with Barnes (Caldwell Co) last year, and don't agree again this year. He must have a lot of friends voting for him. Failed to make the semis last 2 years. We'll find out how good he is now moving to 3A and losing a lot of players.
ColtPride Wrote:Didn't agree with Barnes (Caldwell Co) last year, and don't agree again this year. He must have a lot of friends voting for him. Failed to make the semis last 2 years. We'll find out how good he is now moving to 3A and losing a lot of players.

I agree. Coach from Desales or Newcath should have won last year and the coach from Desales should have defiantly won it this year!!! I don't understand how a coach can be coach of the year, for 2 years in a rite, and NOT even make it to the state championship game.
They aren't going to give it to a private school coach. lol
All these players are super!! Watched the Estill kid twice this year and he can do it all on both sides of the ball.
Arguably, the Caldwell County coach did less with more. He had a golden generation and TOTALLY ingnored his defensive short comings. That's not a great coach, that is a guy who was lucky to have talent and didn't use it properly.
The coaches themselves vote for this, and coaches solely.
I think we know who votes. That's why i said a private school coach wouldn't win it.
5a selection is a joke, Damien Harris is overrated period and was plagued with injuries. Larry French at SW should be coach of the year. Player of the year should have been someon else , crider out of graves co. Did more .what did Damien do, nothing...what a joke
wiznut Wrote:5a selection is a joke, Damien Harris is overrated period and was plagued with injuries. Larry French at SW should be coach of the year. Player of the year should have been someon else , crider out of graves co. Did more .what did Damien do, nothing...what a joke

I do think Harris is overrated. That's why i'm not sweating it if he signs with UK. Just like Elam last year. I'll take a 4 star kid from Alabama, Georgia, or Florida, any day.

Preston King 110% deserves COY in 5A. The job he has done is more than amazing. People can't even begin to imagine the conditions at Iroquois.
ColtPride Wrote:I do think Harris is overrated. That's why i'm not sweating it if he signs with UK. Just like Elam last year. I'll take a 4 star kid from Alabama, Georgia, or Florida, any day.

Preston King 110% deserves COY in 5A. The job he has done is more than amazing. People can't even begin to imagine the conditions at Iroquois.

I dont think harris has heart, he has the tools but no heart imo . he will be on the bench most of his college career with some inury. he is probably a good kid but to me he dont got the drive :drooling:
wiznut Wrote:5a selection is a joke, Damien Harris is overrated period and was plagued with injuries. Larry French at SW should be coach of the year. Player of the year should have been someon else , crider out of graves co. Did more .what did Damien do, nothing...what a joke

^^^ police again telling everyone they are wrong and he is right. How much longer must we endure him telling others they are wrong. Message board police must go or at least learn to spell.....:biglmao:
Lilly Wrote:^^^ police again telling everyone they are wrong and he is right. How much longer must we endure him telling others they are wrong. Message board police must go or at least learn to spell.....:biglmao:

you are the worst poster on bgr lady lilly and they keep you. i am here for good . :blabbermo your a nice lady so i dont want to keep putting you in your place and please stay on topic. i stated my opinion about the poy in 5A. state yours or get out the thread :biglmao: :okay:
^^^ see the police trying to tell me to stay on topic. You futile attempts to be something you are not amuse me.
Lilly Wrote:^^^ see the police trying to tell me to stay on topic. You futile attempts to be something you are not amuse me.

granny bear has been asking you to stay on topic and you keep ignoring her directive ur so disrespectful lilly jean Confusednicker:

I can think of several players who should have been 5a player of the year ahead of Harris.

French should have been coach of the year, followed by Graves. co. coach and Iroquis coach.
Just because little man wiznut thinks something doesnt mean its true little boy. Damien Harris is the man. Who is recruiting SW players? I think Alabama UK and Ohio St are just a little better judge of talent than someone who has little man disease......Mr Constable.
Lilly Wrote:Just because little man wiznut thinks something doesnt mean its true little boy. Damien Harris is the man. Who is recruiting SW players? I think Alabama UK and Ohio St are just a little better judge of talent than someone who has little man disease......Mr Constable.

You are the dumbest poster on the entire bgr . what a clown :happysmile: