•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Class A Pre-Season Top 10
Its all going to boil down to how each JV team in the east developed. In that regaurd, I think Raceland shows the most promise. Atleast at the skill positions.
Beechwood
Raceland
Paintsville
Pikeville
Russellville
Williamsburg
Frankfort
Hazard
Fairview
Holy Cross
mysonis55 Wrote:My point is, it is very hard to put the over hyped Panthers in. They were the team that was first going to beat Williamsburg and then us. As a matter of fact some of you posters were calling us crazy for thinking otherwise. Now they lose in round two and you still want them to be give a prime spot.

I'm only saying this, they had a great team in all areas and the loss to Paintsville in the playoffs will have have those kids dedicated to fulfill a mission. If they make it is another question but I am positive they will give their all in 16
1. Beechwood
2. Pikeville
3. Russelville
4. Raceland
5. Williamsburg
6. Paintsville
7. Frankfort
8. Hazard
9. Crittenden
10. Holy Cross
Is Morgan (hazard) heading back to Ryle? If so, losing him, jones, olinger, snd if im not mistaken, their LB corps is gone to. That could be a huge blow.
Hazard returns more people than most think..

Qb Tanner morgan( if he stays)
WR Jason Johnson
WR Jacob Blanton( played 1 quarter and tore ACL)
WR Cole Ratliff

It's possible to see Braxton Whitaker and Cade Fletcher at WR as well

I'm not sure who will play or start at Halfback but I see Dan Turner and Cade Fletcher in the future there..

Offensive line will be fairly young but with experience. I expect kids like Hordan Hill, Xavier Caudill, Bennett Quillen, Austin Vernge, And several others to contribute.

Defense shall be very good in the secondary. I also think they will be ok at Linebacker as well. The front 3 or 4 according to what defense is being run will be the question mark in my opinion..

Note as well this years 7th and 8th grade team was very good and I expect quite a few Freshmen to play next year and you never know if kids will transfer in.
mysonis55 Wrote:My point is, it is very hard to put the over hyped Panthers in. They were the team that was first going to beat Williamsburg and then us. As a matter of fact some of you posters were calling us crazy for thinking otherwise. Now they lose in round two and you still want them to be give a prime spot.
And considering that Mayfield almost lost to Williamsburg, I guess Mayfield was overhyped too. Perhaps the mighty Red and Black is losing their luster. Seems like the East wasn't very afraid and actually outplayed Mayfield. Special teams though....

Nothing against Paintsville. They beat Pikeville. But you play that game 10 times, Pikeville wins 9. Maybe all 10. Pikeville picked the worst time of the year to play their worst game, Paintsville had a lot to do with that. They game planned well,kept the ball on the ground to keep our O on the sidelines, and basically dared us to stop their run. We didn't. End of story. Paintsville won fair and square. But I guarantee you this, that team was not overhyped. Ask Prestonsburg, Belfry, Middlesboro, Hazard, and every other team on that schedule if they weren't good. And people also are forgetting that Cody Estep was basically playing on one foot, which definitely affected his play. He's healthy, no way in Hades that Daniels outruns him down the sidelines for that TD. Period. Doesn't happen on Kash's best day and in his or anyone else's dreams. That play basically was the one that broke Pikeville's will in that game, just my personal opinion.

Congrats to Mayfield. Enjoy 2A. Panthers are reloading, and dedicating themselves to 2015 and getting rid of the bad taste from this year.
ontopofthewest Wrote:1. Beechwood
2. Pikeville
3. Russelville
4. Raceland
5. Williamsburg
6. Paintsville
7. Frankfort
8. Hazard
9. Crittenden
10. Holy Cross
Too high for Pikeville, IMO. Have to give respect and props to other teams. I'd put us right around the 6 or 7 spot. Just being honest. They can always play their way up.
mysonis55 Wrote:What yall are missing about Crittendon is this. They have a great coach, ex college coach. They also have a large number of sophomores that have been playing since freshmen. I think coach realized they are his best shot at winning in a while and he passed over upper class players for these youngsters. They also are supposed to have a lot of speed. I have some inside info on this bunch.
And Pikeville has a large number of rising Juniors who have been playing together since grade school. Your argument is null and void. Crittenden County doesn't make anyone the top 10 of anyone rational based on their performance the last couple of years. Your west side bias is showing.
baseball1974 Wrote:I think Paintsville has a lot to build off of for next year and I look for them to be in the mix come playoff time for possible teams representing the east. I think Beechwood will be hard to beat and should be the favorite overall in 1A.

I'm confused by this. Russellville is losing almost all of their offensive output to graduation, and only have a few skill positions returning and they didn't account for much of the yardage this year. Not only that, but those offensive threats they're losing are also a couple of their best defensive players as well. Unless they have a lot of under-classmen that can step up, I see them going in the other direction.

Russellville always has really solid skill players. They reload on RBs and WRs. The youth was in the trenches this year and they return several linemen on both sides of the ball. Typically, they're very good when they have an experienced line and next year, they should have that. One thing you can bet on with them is that they'll be fast and athletic on both sides of the ball..
topnotch Wrote:The team coming up actually had more playing time than the seniors. Most games ended early 2nd Quarter.
And?
Flash154 Wrote:And?

If Williamsburg's young QB can develop they will be fine next year....
Flash154 Wrote:And?

If Whitley county has some extra player who not getting any playing time :welcome: to Williamsburg. Confusednicker:
We may never hear anything from the west after mayfield going to 2A. West just got weaker. :lmao:
Been bored and got to looking at class A and figured I would do some serious studying on coming out with a solid preseason top 10.

So here it is

1 Beechwood
2 Raceland
3 Paintsville
4 Pikeville
5 Hazard
6 Russellville
7 Frankfort
8 Fairview
9 Williamsburg
10 Campbellsville

I usually agree with the State runner up being around the 1-4 range but Williamsburg lost way to much and with 3 returning players that had significant playing time I just can't put them up there..

I can also be gladly to tell you why each school is ranked where they are at if you ask.
64SUR Wrote:If Whitley county has some extra player who not getting any playing time :welcome: to Williamsburg. Confusednicker:

:ChairHit::gtfo:
OldJacket Wrote:If Williamsburg's young QB can develop they will be fine next year....

if he doesn't they'll find another one :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:I haveto disagree Mysonis55

1. Williamsburg ( untill someone beats them )
2. Beechwood
3. Paintsville ( just because I want to )
4. Russellville
5. Frankfort
6. Raceland ( I want be shocked to see them in bowling green )
7.Pikeville ( who knows )
8.Campbellville ( Could be a sleeper in the west )
9.Holy Cross
10. Pineville

No hazard Mysonis55...:HitWall:

I know williamsburg want last long at the #1 spot. :Sad04:
If Raceland can get a qb that can keep teams honest he don't have to carry a team by any means just be able to run and throw enough , that will make them very tough to deal with because the defense should be solid , Racelamd returns the entire front 7 , look for kids like Austin Howard , John cheery and Nick Caldwell to replace young , Dixon and messer
Raceland and Paintsville are in excellent shape for next year..
As it stands rt now, i look for Damon Black as the starter. If Morris comes out, who knows. If Tyler ends up playing and can handle the change in game speed from being out of football since his 8th grade year, he certainly has the size, atheleticism and arm to put us into State Title contention. But as his dad has said, there is no need in speculating any more. He may he may not, ens of that discussion until after baseball is over.

So imo, Black is the guy rt now. He has great upside and potential, but is likely a year away from being a true varsity force. I would believe we would be similar offensively to what 2013 was, but with more complete backs and more of them. The line will be smaller, but quick and extremely strong and very smart and experienced. Same goes for the defensive front. We will be a contender for the east, the favorite? Idk yet. Its goina be very competitive even with in our district. Goina be another great season of "little beother" football. Lol
Hazard addition of Corey Smith and his brother Austin should help the bulldogs tremendously...
How are everyone's winter program numbers? I live next door to some players, seems like the normal numbers over the last few years are there again, somewhere in the high 30s to low 40s. I dont know if that includes incoming freshman or not, either way, its a good chunk of next years upper classmen getting their lifts in. I know alot of them are lifting extra as well. Im really impressed with the hard work that the incoming 8th graders are putting in, just another sign of good things to come over the next several years!
Sleeper team in east could be Harlan. Not sure if they can be good enough to knock off a Hazard or Pikeville but will definitely make a little noise
I just love that Beechwood's back on top.

I wish Yeagle was still coaching and in domination mode because it kills me what happened (even thought here were other things that contributed), but Noel Rash is also a hell of a coach.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
JerryGarcia Wrote:Sleeper team in east could be Harlan. Not sure if they can be good enough to knock off a Hazard or Pikeville but will definitely make a little noise

I agree.. Harlan in my opinion is between 11-13 and got a decent shot of winning there new district.
There are several teams that return more than Beechwood. But Tradition carries you quite a bit. But they do return a hell of a QB in Fieger and Stringer at Runningback.
Imo, Beechwood should be at the top. Outside of last year and 2011, they have represented the West or played the Western rep (Mayfield), closer than the East rep did in the state championship. Based on that and their success in the 4 class system, coupled with what they return, I think you have to give them to number one spot.
Imo Carson plays qb next year , black isn't ready
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo, Beechwood should be at the top. Outside of last year and 2011, they have represented the West or played the Western rep (Mayfield), closer than the East rep did in the state championship. Based on that and their success in the 4 class system, coupled with what they return, I think you have to give them to number one spot.

I agree, but this beechwood wont have as many weapons as this past years team had. They again will have a senior line but how many of those kids played had significant playing time? But I do think there line will be good. I also want to add that I forgot the Slusher kid at wide who returns who can help as a weapon in the passing game but they will need other kids to step besides Fieger , Stringer and Slusher.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next