Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 14 Graves County 7 - 5A State Championship
panther nation Wrote:Didn't the somerset team from early 80's win state back when Fletcher played?? 81 I think it was.
For got they lost that one too. Not sure why I thought they won it that year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not really... they were healthy and barely survived Southwestern when Southwestern was without their best offensive player Edwards.

Belfry seal clubbed Southwestern.

Not sure Pulaski would score on Belfry's defense.

I will say the gap isn't wide...but from what I saw:
1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry (Healthy)
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corbin

With Williamsburg yet to be evaluated.

I agree may even slide SW past pulaski we outscored and split two games with them.we lost one because our best back was out or we beat pulaski. Pulaski very fortunate the 5a was awful this year and their path was very easy beside SW. 5a the weakest it has been in years the worst out all 6 classes this year. graves their opp lost to class 1 a champ mayfield by 21-0. 5a was terrible this year. SW is better and should be no.3 pulaski no. 4 even with the weak state title they were fortunate to win. SW beats graves by 28 if mayfield beat them by 21.
If 5A was so weak, why didn't the mighty Worriers win it? You're saying your entire team is built around 1 player? Sounds like a slap in the face to SW. Enjoy that District Championship Trophy.
Forever Maroon Wrote:If 5A was so weak, why didn't the mighty Worriers win it? You're saying your entire team is built around 1 player? Sounds like a slap in the face to SW. Enjoy that District Championship Trophy.

If our best rb played we would have won 5a, if BG Qb not injured they would have been runner up, and PC finish no. 3. 5a was horrible with SW and bg injuries. you guys were lucky that it was sorry and you ladies lost two games while Riley was out so a player makes a diffrence. SW #1 with edwards but you guys won a injury filled weak class. BG smokes you if thier QB ain't out.

:trolldad: oh and yes a we are enjoying the district trophy and Win over an overrated pulaski team when we were 1-9 last year. pulski team last year would beat this year team :trolldad:
Next year we trounce pulaski guaranteed
the only good thing with maroon title in the weak 5a is now somerset has nothing to say 100 years of football and nothing . somerset brand is nothing in pulski county now it is blue and orange first and maroon and silver second. That is one good thing about it. somerset is done.
I hope you enjoyed the Maroon victory parade.
E's Army Wrote:I hope you enjoyed the Maroon victory parade.

I hope you enjoyed your no title season again :trolldad2:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not really... they were healthy and barely survived Southwestern when Southwestern was without their best offensive player Edwards.

1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry (Healthy)
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corbin

You are funny-How about could Belfry score on the Pulaski defense??? Every team you have listed would beat johnson central.:yeah:
jumperdogpete Wrote:You are funny-How about could Belfry score on the Pulaski defense??? Every team you have listed would beat johnson central.:yeah:

Considering Belfry scored more on Southwestern in one game (when they had a TD called back and also took a knee inside the 10 to keep the score down), than Pulaski scored against Southwestern in two games combined. For that matter Belfry gained as many yards in one game as Pulaski gained in two games combined.... Yes... I think Belfry would have scored on Pulaski.

It's not like I was saying Belfry is suddenly head and shoulders better than PC.. not at all... they were two pretty even teams IMO... but others seem to think Pulaski was some unstoppable force which simply isn't true. In fact the numbers suggest it is wrong.

FWIW, I think Williamsburg proved they were in the same conversation as some of these teams as well. Jackets looked very impressive.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Considering Belfry scored more on Southwestern in one game (when they had a TD called back and also took a knee inside the 10 to keep the score down), than Pulaski scored against Southwestern in two games combined. For that matter Belfry gained as many yards in one game as Pulaski gained in two games combined.... Yes... I think Belfry would have scored on Pulaski.

It's not like I was saying Belfry is suddenly head and shoulders better than PC.. not at all... they were two pretty even teams IMO... but others seem to think Pulaski was some unstoppable force which simply isn't true. In fact the numbers suggest it is wrong.

FWIW, I think Williamsburg proved they were in the same conversation as some of these teams as well. Jackets looked very impressive.
You had Johnson Central rated number 1? Thats funny in its self.:hilarious:
wiznut Wrote:the only good thing with maroon title in the weak 5a is now somerset has nothing to say 100 years of football and nothing . somerset brand is nothing in pulski county now it is blue and orange first and maroon and silver second. That is one good thing about it. somerset is done.

I'd be careful when dancing around graves that aren't even covered over yet. You might fall in.
E's Army Wrote:I hope you enjoyed the Maroon victory parade.

It actually woke me up with all those sirens blaring. I will forgive you this time but don't make a habit of it. :Thumbs:
We will make sure to do it only 1 time a year.
Wiznut - I cannot wait until next year when your oh so might warriors fall AGAIN to the Maroons. Woulda, coulda, shoulda all you want - Your warriors LOST when it mattered.

Next years Regional finals prediction:

Warriors : 0
Maroons : 149

Riley throws for 20 TDs on a DRY FIELD for once, and Mason Helton physically takes out 9 SW players by submission due to his super human strength.

Good luck in the offseason blue and orange, you're gonna need it.
That's the dumbest prediction in the history of BGR. PC playing a playoff game on a dry field. Baahhh Haaaaaa Haaaaaa.
Maroon Junction Boy Wrote:Wiznut - I cannot wait until next year when your oh so might warriors fall AGAIN to the Maroons. Woulda, coulda, shoulda all you want - Your warriors LOST when it mattered.

Riley throws for 20 TDs on a DRY FIELD for once, and Mason Helton physically takes out 9 SW players by submission due to his super human strength.

To be honest it was Graves county that lost when it really mattered. My Warriors didn't play when it really mattered........ this year.
wiznut you have some serious issues. You are some of the SW fanbase that makes us look bad. You need to congratulate Pulaski County on something SW will never and I repeat never get. A state championship.
Pulaski now has a state championship trophy in basketball and football. I know Trinity, & Scott County do also. Who else does?

Does anyone have state championships in basketball, football and baseball?
Maroon Junction Boy Wrote:Wiznut - I cannot wait until next year when your oh so might warriors fall AGAIN to the Maroons. Woulda, coulda, shoulda all you want - Your warriors LOST when it mattered.

Your on crack we split two games and our best back was out or we would have slammed you twice. you guys were lucky we and bg were injured helping you win an already weak class. next year is all ours on to basketball now season is over TongueirateSho SW 36-21 over pc :closeenough:
Willie Turnover Wrote:Pulaski now has a state championship trophy in basketball and football. I know Trinity, & Scott County do also. Who else does?

Does anyone have state championships in basketball, football and baseball?

Recklenberg County has it in football, track, wrestling, basketball and baseball Confusedilly:
Willie Turnover Wrote:To be honest it was Graves county that lost when it really mattered. My Warriors didn't play when it really mattered........ this year.

They didn't play when it mattered ? Anytime you play for a championship it matters 14-0 SW is what I remebered for andistrict and 24-19 loss in the rematch for region when our best player was out . They won okay they we're supposed to win all of them by large margins SW #1 our best players plays we smoke em :Thumbs:
There is mattered and then there is really mattered.

mattered=district championships, regional championships, semi state, conference championships

Really mattered= state championships and national championships
With that said SW went from 1-9 to region runner ups in one year. There is enough talent in the hallways at SW to play on the carpet next year.

Fact: SW is better than PC when Hall is out and Edwards is playing
Fact: PC is better than SW when Edwards is out and Hall is playing
Fact: We will never truly know if a healthy SW would beat a healthy PC.
Fact: PC fans will say PC would win and SW fans will say SW would win
Fact: PC has a trophy, they can enjoy for a lifetime.
Bottom line is SW fans have woulda coulda shoulda. PC fans have the Gold. If you aint first you are last. Nobody remembers number 2 and SW isn't even number 2 you bunch of wiznuts...
2014 woulda coulda shoulda and a district trophy
2015 a really good team with aspirations of a state championship
Southwest Pulaski WILL NOT win a state title. It took Pulaski Co. several years to build, taste defeat at that level, and then get hungry and go do it. Not talking shit to SW, but it just doesn't happen and Coach French knows that and the fans should too.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Southwest Pulaski WILL NOT win a state title. It took Pulaski Co. several years to build, taste defeat at that level, and then get hungry and go do it. Not talking shit to SW, but it just doesn't happen and Coach French knows that and the fans should too.

This is the most uninformed comment on this thread. It's obvious you have no idea how close SW is to winning at an elite level. SW is very capable of it next year. The talent is there and it always has been. You don't go from 1-9 to 10-3 and a district championship in one off-season by rebuilding for several years. Coaching philosophies and cleaning out the elite talent in the hallways was the turning point. With all that said, they still have to beat Pulaski when it matters which will be a task. 5A is in position to load up next year with numerous teams.
Wildcat18 Wrote:This is the most uninformed comment on this thread. It's obvious you have no idea how close SW is to winning at an elite level. SW is very capable of it next year. The talent is there and it always has been. You don't go from 1-9 to 10-3 and a district championship in one off-season by rebuilding for several years. Coaching philosophies and cleaning out the elite talent in the hallways was the turning point. With all that said, they still have to beat Pulaski when it matters which will be a task. 5A is in position to load up next year with numerous teams.
Pulaski used SW like a little brother in a pickup basketball game." I will let you win this time but when it really counts, you will be going home crying"!:hilarious:

1. Johnson Central
2. Belfry (Healthy)
3. Pulaski County
4. Southwestern
5. Corb

Go ahead EKUAlum05 you're :welcome: to evaluated Williamsburg....:please: