•  Previous
  • 22(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2015
I said from the get go that the Whitley folks would be very happy with Coach Chappell. Fine man and coach.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah I would expect a full house for the Corbin game. Been a Long time coming and everyone wants bragging rights. All I can say is Go Colonels. ..if you dont win another game all season, win this one Confusednicker:

Whitley County is running out of time to buy out corbin contract for this year. Corbin is coming with a truck load of redhounds. I think this game has a chance to be a running clock for corbin. Confusederiously:
Granny Bear Wrote:At the very least, it will show Whitley what areas they need to improve. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they beat Corbin. Just all depends!

Granny Bear this corbin team will be the best defensive team in all of eastern kentucky. :please: understand they want be any surprised in this game except the margins of the score. Go Redhounds and i will cheered for whitley another day. :Cheerlead
walterwhite Wrote:I said from the get go that the Whitley folks would be very happy with Coach Chappell. Fine man and coach.

Yeah,and I like the experience he has added to the staff.
64SUR Wrote:Whitley County is running out of time to buy out corbin contract for this year. Corbin is coming with a truck load of redhounds. I think this game has a chance to be a running clock for corbin. Confusederiously:

:lame:You'll see tucked tails before you see a running clock.
64SUR Wrote:Granny Bear this corbin team will be the best defensive team in all of eastern kentucky. :please: understand they want be any surprised in this game except the margins of the score. Go Redhounds and i will cheered for whitley another day. :Cheerlead

Whitley doesn't want you cheering for them .:ChairHit::gtfo:
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley doesn't want you cheering for them .:ChairHit::gtfo:

Count me out for the Corbin,North Laurel and Leslie County games for sure. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Count me out for the Corbin,North Laurel and Leslie County games for sure. :lmao:

I hope you dont expect a warm welcome at Colonel Stadium:flame:Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I hope you dont expect a warm welcome at Colonel Stadium:flame:Confusednicker:

Stadium should be name after me. I maybe the biggest donor to whitley county....BINGO. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Stadium should be name after me. I maybe the biggest donor to whitley county....BINGO. :popcorn:
You haven't donated enough to sign a a franchise NFL player
pjdoug Wrote:You haven't donated enough to sign a a franchise NFL player

Just ask Tim Couch... :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Just ask Tim Couch... :truestory:

Tim Couch doesn't count mediocre at best. Did he even last a week in the nfl.

Confusedtare:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Tim Couch doesn't count mediocre at best. Did he even last a week in the nfl.

Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To get back on track with all nonsense aside, lets take a real look at the schedule.

Aug 21, 15 Corbin - This game will tell us a lot about the season. Corbin IMO should be the favorite, but this is not a typical game, and Corbin might have replaced what they lost, but they still lost quality football players. I wouldn't be surprised if Whitley pulled off the upset, but I can see this one as a loss.

Aug 28, 15 Middlesboro - I don't see Whitley losing this game.

Sep 11, 15 West Jessamine - WIN

Sep 18, 15 Bell County - Whitley has been a play or two away from beating Bell the last few seasons. Since Swanner bailed on Bell, Whitley has a good shot at this one. Especially if Bell isn't prepared to stop the pass. I think Bell is the slight favorite, but Whitley can win this game.

Sep 25, 15 South Laurel - WIN

Oct 2, 15 North Laurel - First district game. At North. Tough test. May decide the district title early in the year. Whitley better be ready to play. Ill take North as the favorite for now, but Laurel County as a whole usually finds a way to screw things up.

Oct 9, 15 Letcher County Central- Letcher lost a lot more valuable players than Whitley. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing and come out of no where again, and id love to see LCC and Whitley get back to playing for district titles. Ill take Whitley as a slight favorite.

Oct 16, 15 Harlan County - Whitley should be the favorite.

Oct 23, 15 Perry County Central - WIN

Oct 30, 15 Leslie County - Leslie has had a lot of hype for some reason. Even so much many people are putting them in there mythical top 10 rankings. I just don't see it. Home game, last regular season game, ill take Whitley.

So if you want my honest opinion, I think Whitley finishes no worse than 6-4, with a realistic chance of going 8-2 or even 9-1. Just depends on how they play. They've got enough experience and quality players to compete. Its all about coaching this year IMO. They know the offense, they know the defense. If the numbers stay up, I think youll be surprised how well Whitley does. Corbin, Bell, North, and Letcher are the only teams Whitley should be in a ball game with IMO. Anything less than that would be a disappointment considering how far theyve come in the last couple of years.

We shall see. Im going with a double prediction. Either 6-4 with a loss to a team they shouldn't and a win against a team they are the underdog.
OR 8-2 and a win or two in the playoffs...

This is about the way I see the colonels reg season going too.
3-7
Lilly Wrote:3-7

You wish your I.Q was that high.
This is funny! He bombed and bombed quick. Where is this guy?
OnTrack Wrote:This is funny! He bombed and bombed quick. Where is this guy?

$48 million later. He now has is on TV Sports Show on fox sports. :truestory:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Tim Couch doesn't count mediocre at best. Did he even last a week in the nfl.

Getting drafted by an expansion team was the worst possible thing that could have happened to Couch. They had very little talent and he got beat to death, which led to his career ending shoulder injury. The same thing pretty much happened to David Carr after he was drafted by the Houston expansion team.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Getting drafted by an expansion team was the worst possible thing that could have happened to Couch. They had very little talent and he got beat to death, which led to his career ending shoulder injury. The same thing pretty much happened to David Carr after he was drafted by the Houston expansion team.

That's exactly right.
1 play away from beating Bell last year?? What was the score?
pjdoug Wrote:You wish your I.Q was that high.

If it was I would then be twice as smart as you pj.
TrueDawg Wrote:1 play away from beating Bell last year?? What was the score?

did few seasons mean last year?
Lilly Wrote:If it was I would then be twice as smart as you pj.

if you had two brain cells they'd rub together and start a fire, Lily.:truestory:
3-7.
pjdoug Wrote:if you had two brain cells they'd rub together and start a fire, Lily.:truestory:
Confusednicker:
Mighty FT Highlands, Covington Cath and returning champ Pulaski are the only 3 teams that are worthy of mentioning coming out of that 5A east side of the bracket.
FBfan4life Wrote:Mighty FT Highlands, Covington Cath and returning champ Pulaski are the only 3 teams that are worthy of mentioning coming out of that 5A east side of the bracket.

No. Highlands is the only team worth mentioning out of the east.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No. Highlands is the only team worth mentioning out of the east.
I agree. Everyone is gonna get their hopes up that this is the year the birds go down. People are gonna say PC will take them, and then again the bluebirds will rip our hearts out Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 22(current)
  • Next