Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2015
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Correct...but important to not think about "Last year so and so traveled" with the new alignment for everyone.

With the new alignment both teams are in Region 3, Russell is District 5 and Belfry is District 6.

Odd years..odd hosts

So if Russell wins the District they secure home field advantage until they lose.

Belfry would come to Russell if both were 1 seeds. Regardless who in the Region, they host the Semi-Finals..even if it is a 4 seed....if you reach the Semi's and win Region 3 you host the Semi's.

Next year will be an even year so even hosts. Belfry would host the Regional Finals, but the Region 4 winner will host the Semi's regardless.

I can never seem to keep track of the playoff configuration from one year to the next.

I don't see Russell being threatened in its district this year or, to be honest, the next four years. Barring any upsets, I think Russell and Lawrence Co. meet at Russell in the second round. Hopefully Russell can get past the Dawgs and host Belfry. It's been a decade already since the Pirates travelled up Red Devil Hill. Ahh, the memories.
I'm excited to see Russell play. 82 players…. wow! It's a shame Ashland doesn't have that many. Should be some crowded bleachers over in Red Devil land this year.