•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Class 1A State Championsip
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg had some injuries and an off night,but we all know they cant play that way in Bowling Green.

i was told all their injuries were on the defensive side of the ball.
Ramcat77 Wrote:That's funny, a Williamsburg fan telling a Mayfield fan to be humble. Hello pot!

Oh I am really humble, even enjoy Humble Pie, they had a great song '30 Days In The Hole' back in the 70s...
E's Army Wrote:Williamsburg beat Raceland's line all over the field Scotty. Williamsburg played without their two kids who have pressured the quarterback all year. Watch the film and look for 7 and 25. They didn't play. Williamsburg saw they could stop Raceland from running with 3 linemen and didn't give the quarterback any easy throws after the first drive. Raceland's backs spent a lot of time running to gain 1 or 2 yards. Massey was getting tackled at the line and gaining 6. Raceland had to run blitz to get anything done. It was just like last year Raceland got whipped up front. Scotty I know you missed last year's game. did you not see this one either.

All I will say is good luck to you all next week. Im not going back and forth with you guys any more. Its a waste of breath. I didnt see it from the fans, all I saw from them was class, but I personally saw and heard some things from a few Williamsburg players that was WAY out of line, as did a few other fans, both Raceland and Williamsburg fans, during pregame warm ups. Granted it was pregame so I commend then from keeping it under control during the whistles, there were just some statements that were extremely distasteful. The phrase "act like you've been there" and Matthew 23:12 come to mind.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yep, the loser has to wear the winning teams state champions shirt. I remember.

That's the bet, I think we said the loser had to have there picture taken with it held up or on, doesn't matter which to me, and it be posted on here. I don't have a camera 55 do you have one. Its not a bad deal though cause the loser doesn't have to buy the shirt, but I don't mind buying me a champions shirt, and letting 64 have his picture taken with it.:biglmao:
Yep, I do remember that now. I got a phone, so I got a camera.
Warm weather will help Williamsburg. :poker face:
Yeah, it was the cold and rain that caused them to lose that close one last year to the Cards.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, it was the cold and rain that caused them to lose that close one last year to the Cards.

Maybe sense bowling green and Pulaski game got cancel last year due to the cold weather. Moved the game to 2.00 pm....sound like a game plan...Oh I forgot the game in bowling green. :biglmao:
mayfield_9 Wrote:Will Patrick, Huskey, and Shackleford be healthy for BG?

NO
Mayfield in a big way 42-7.
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg had some injuries and an off night,but we all know they cant play that way in Bowling Green.
Yep if we play like last night it will be another very long day in Bowling Green...
Bear_Paw Wrote:Knock em Dead Fred! Give em some of that old Lynch Bulldawg stuff and maybe shut 55 up for 5 minutes.
I miss those ole Lynch Bulldogs...
Ok, this game should finally make people on here understand just how the strength of schedule makes a difference. I have some stats for you so there cannot be any doubt after the game you can look back at what I've said all year.

I rate the schedules in many different ways. One of which is what I call a plus system. The more higher classification teams you play the higher your rating. It's simple math. If you are 1a and you play a 6a team that gives you a plus 5. If you are 1a and play a 2a its a plus 1. Using this method Mayfield played a plus 20 and the burg a plus 13.

Next is teams you have played with a lit rating of 90 or better. Mayfield has played 7 teams with a 90 or better. They played one of those teams twice. Mayfield also played 4 teams with a rating of 100 or better. Williamsburg has played 1 team with a rating of 90 or better and none with a rating of 100.

Mayfield's combined opponents record is 85-73
Williamsburg's combined opponents record is 69-90

During these schedules Williamsburg has averaged a 6 point better scoring margin per game than Mayfield. They also have 1 less loss than Mayfield.

So, I would say Mayfield's schedule has been light years ahead of the burg's. So, if the burg can win, they can say the strength of schedule is a myth. However if they lose again after the second year of playing a much weaker schedule and this time running the table, then you have to agree that I was correct.
History class will be in session for Williamsburg sat. Morning. Mayfield has never made it three in a row..
Has burg had to play in a cold wet game this year?
ontopofthewest Wrote:History class will be in session for Williamsburg sat. Morning. Mayfield has never made it three in a row..
Never did care for history lessons, organic chemistry lectures were much more interesting...
ontopofthewest Wrote:Has burg had to play in a cold wet game this year?
Yes
mysonis55 Wrote:Ok, this game should finally make people on here understand just how the strength of schedule makes a difference. I have some stats for you so there cannot be any doubt after the game you can look back at what I've said all year.

I rate the schedules in many different ways. One of which is what I call a plus system. The more higher classification teams you play the higher your rating. It's simple math. If you are 1a and you play a 6a team that gives you a plus 5. If you are 1a and play a 2a its a plus 1. Using this method Mayfield played a plus 20 and the burg a plus 13.

Next is teams you have played with a lit rating of 90 or better. Mayfield has played 7 teams with a 90 or better. They played one of those teams twice. Mayfield also played 4 teams with a rating of 100 or better. Williamsburg has played 1 team with a rating of 90 or better and none with a rating of 100.

Mayfield's combined opponents record is 85-73
Williamsburg's combined opponents record is 69-90

During these schedules Williamsburg has averaged a 6 point better scoring margin per game than Mayfield. They also have 1 less loss than Mayfield.

So, I would say Mayfield's schedule has been light years ahead of the burg's. So,
if the burg can win, they can say the strength of schedule is a myth. However if they lose again after the second year of playing a much weaker schedule and this time running the table, then you have to agree that I was correct.

Myth unless mayfield is a Tri-State team....The system is set up for the best
team from the west that is mayfield and the best from the east that is Williamsburg...pretty simple math one team will be the state champion an the other state runner-up that not a myth..I will never agree mysonis55. Confusederiously:
Good luck Williamsburg
64SUR Wrote:Anybody wanting a tip on this game.

Williamsburg 42
Mayfield 35

I'm not looking for any bets....I have my pride bet with Killbilly usmc bring it on. :flame:

For some reason I'm the only one posting a score. Come-on mayfield fans pick a score or is it a myth until after the game. :Cheerlead
Mayfield 55
Williamsburg 14
the gap isnt as close as i thought.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Mayfield 55
Williamsburg 14
the gap isnt as close as i thought.

One brave poster cant say that about the west poster. :thanks: Scotty_Bronson atleast you gave us 14pts. :worthy:
64SUR Wrote:One brave poster cant say that about the west poster. :thanks: Scotty_Bronson atleast you gave us 14pts. :worthy:

I'll give you my thoughts 64, but I won't post them I'll pm them since they aren't for some girl scouts on here to read that might get offended by my humor.
Mayfield 56
Williamsburg 8
mysonis55 Wrote:Mayfield 56
Williamsburg 8

:lmao: you got to be kidding Confusederiously:
mysonis55 Wrote:Mayfield 56
Williamsburg 8

That might be a little much 55, but you are definitely on the right track.
Mayfield is the defending Champ, they have won a gazillion State Championships over the years, they have great players and good coaches, so the planets have to be aligned for Wburg to win this one...We will show up and give it our best shot against the best AA team in the state...:biggrin:
Repeat of last year
OldJacket Wrote:Mayfield is the defending Champ, they have won a gazillion State Championships over the years, they have great players and good coaches, so the planets have to be aligned for Wburg to win this one...We will show up and give it our best shot against the best AA team in the state...:biggrin:

The ncc fans will be on you like a cheap suit for that statement. May field would have 0 titles in the last 6 years if in 2a just ask some certain ncc fans.
killbilly usmc Wrote:The ncc fans will be on you like a cheap suit for that statement. May field would have 0 titles in the last 6 years if in 2a just ask some certain ncc fans.

Not sure there haven't been some years you could have won AAA...:notworthy
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next