Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are they doing?
A couple years back in the transition of UK Football we had some good debate over regional new hires and how they would pan out.

The coaches under the microscope were Stoops ( UK ), Bobby Petrino ( WKU, UoL ), Butch Jones ( UT ), and Tommy Tuberville ( UC ),. So here is the latest, as to where they have taken their programs these last 2 seasons...

After 2 seasons here is what they have accomplished:

Stoops is 7-16 overall, 2-14 in the SEC.

Petrino is 16-7 overall ( 8 wins at WKU, 8 at UoL ), 4-3 in Sun Belt, 5-3 in the ACC. UofL is bowl eligible this season.

Butch Jones is 10-13 overall, 4-13 in the SEC.

Tommy Tuberville is 16-7 overall, 11-3 in the American Conference. Lost to North Carolina in the Belk Bowl 39-17 last year and is bowl eligible again this season.

I gave Coach Stoops three seasons to become bowl eligible. We are a win against Louisville away from accomplishing that after year two which would be a very good accomplishment considering the state Joker left this Wildcat team in.

Butch Jones does have two more SEC wins than Stoops. Knowing what you know now. Would you have chosen differently if hindsight was 20/20?

Thoughts?

Guts response has always been an earnest....PETRINO! He would be at Florida by now...Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Hard to compare these.
Stoops did something different than two of these other three coaches - he inherited a losing program.
And Butch Jones is the other one. He inherited a losing Tennessee team, but he wouldn't have picked UK over UT to coach anyways. So he kinda isn't a "we missed on him" guy. He is doing a very good job selling the UT tradition to recruits.
I believe if Stoops keeps recruiting like he has, we will be very good in a few years. No one should be complaining about 5-7 even if we lose Saturday. 5-7 is better than 2-10 by far, and improvement has been shown. No one can deny that.
[Image:

]
Spirit100 Wrote:A couple years back in the transition of UK Football we had some good debate over regional new hires and how they would pan out.

The coaches under the microscope were Stoops ( UK ), Bobby Petrino ( WKU, UoL ), Butch Jones ( UT ), and Tommy Tuberville ( UC ),. So here is the latest, as to where they have taken their programs these last 2 seasons...

After 2 seasons here is what they have accomplished:

Stoops is 7-16 overall, 2-14 in the SEC.

Petrino is 16-7 overall ( 8 wins at WKU, 8 at UoL ), 4-3 in Sun Belt, 5-3 in the ACC. UofL is bowl eligible this season.

Butch Jones is 10-13 overall, 4-13 in the SEC.

Tommy Tuberville is 16-7 overall, 11-3 in the American Conference. Lost to North Carolina in the Belk Bowl 39-17 last year and is bowl eligible again this season.

I gave Coach Stoops three seasons to become bowl eligible. We are a win against Louisville away from accomplishing that after year two which would be a very good accomplishment considering the state Joker left this Wildcat team in.

Butch Jones does have two more SEC wins than Stoops. Knowing what you know now. Would you have chosen differently if hindsight was 20/20?

Thoughts?

Guts response has always been an earnest....PETRINO! He would be at Florida by now...Confusednicker:

The more I watch this staff try to game plan the more I wish we would have went after Petrino.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The more I watch this staff try to game plan the more I wish we would have went after Petrino.

Who coincidently I called it in jest.....will prolly end up at Florida this week! He would have been a Wildcat for one season, imagine that!

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi