TIM RILEY 6'3 260 DL TATES CREEK HS
KENNY RAY TURNER 6'6 290 OL TRIGG CO HS
BRIAN COXON 6'3 270 OL TRINITY HS
ALFONSO SMITH 6'2 190 RB WAGGENER HS
COREY GOODSON 6'2 198 SS WESTERN HS

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:56 pm:

Good luck to them, I will not be in attendance. :!:
no doug howard
What I don't like about the all-star team is; #1 the roster is way too small. It should dress 15-20 more...#2 If a player is an offensive star and there is not enough room for him at the O position, then he is placed on the D at a position that he may have played at but not a star. This is where I notice the selection process to be a prejudicial. If a player is selected all state, all district, all region, ect. at a certain position then I beleive that if he is selected to play in the KY-TENN he should be all the position that got him his accolades, not at a position knocking out a player that got recognition at that position. Plus it is my humble opinion that Doug Howard should have been on that all star roster at RB. I realize that all deserving players are not selected for this game. That is why I think the roster should be bigger and give all the stars a little playing time rather than some. The more...The merrier... Idea
MEDICINEMAN Wrote:What I don't like about the all-star team is; #1 the roster is way too small. It should dress 15-20 more...#2 If a player is an offensive star and there is not enough room for him at the O position, then he is placed on the D at a position that he may have played at but not a star. This is where I notice the selection process to be a prejudicial. If a player is selected all state, all district, all region, ect. at a certain position then I beleive that if he is selected to play in the KY-TENN he should be all the position that got him his accolades, not at a position knocking out a player that got recognition at that position. Plus it is my humble opinion that Doug Howard should have been on that all star roster at RB. I realize that all deserving players are not selected for this game. That is why I think the roster should be bigger and give all the stars a little playing time rather than some. The more...The merrier... Idea

While I definatel agree that Doug should have been on the team, there is no way you can have a bigger team. 40 is enough people to split playing time between. No way could they possibly play 55-60 guys.
I think that alot of players would cherish the moment to have played a series of downs and dressed out rather than not there at all, omitted like Howard and others. After all it is merely an all star game not the finals. It would give all our all stars their announced recognition and their final chance to play or at least dress in their high school finale'. A good dedicated coaching staff can handle 55-60 players. They do all the time. :wink:
There is onlt 40 on the team now, and even now not all of them get to play. They don't get the chance to even show themselves. The KY all-star starters are more then likely already decided. And yes it is an honor to be on the team, but kids like to have the opportunity to play. I think it's just right now.
Its not a game that everyone is supposed to get to play. The object is still winning. But there are about 10-15 more kids that deserved the chance to be on that team and compete for a spot, Doug Howard being one of them. Chris Todd, who signed with TExas Tech, and Zach Barnard (Marshall) are two others.
I agree guys...Doug shouldve been on that list.
I also didnt see beechwood's running back. Is he on there?
SuperMario Wrote:I agree guys...Doug shouldve been on that list.
I also didnt see beechwood's running back. Is he on there?

Yeah, he is listed as a DB.

Dustin Menterey is his name in case you weren't sure of it.
No Doug Howard??? IMO he was one of the top 5 players in the state in all 4 classes, the only way to get on that all star team is to sign with a d-1 school
thats crazy no doug howard thats some bs
Josh Sullivan should have made it