•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11-21( Region Championship )
strange danger Wrote:i hear all this talk about jones. Last year jones didn't do so well against the jackets. why? ethan wilson from williamsburg the first play of the game grabbed him and threw him around like a rag doll the first play of the game for a seven yard loss followed by several more loss of yards carries despite the report that he had over 100 yds rushing

Jones ran for 190 yards last year against W'Burg.

Morgan didn't do so hot. I believe 6/15 with 2 INT's. But Jones did just fine.
UK#24 Wrote:Granny Bear, may I ask what rule I broke in my post for you to delete it. I didn't call one person out or anything.

I just looked over the rules and I didn't break one rule.

Please check your PMs. I believe that you did allude to another poster's identity; however, I have requested a higher authority to review my action.
Williamsburg 35 hazard 14
hazard 30
Williamsburg 28
This ones for you 64.

Williamsburg 42
Hazard 14
Just to be a devils advocate on this game, there is a variable to this game that is unknown for me. Last year Williamsburg won by two scores. They had 298 yards of total offense, but 220 of those yards were gotten by a player Williamsburg no longer has. Now I realize that everyone says over and over that williamsburg's offense is much better this year and it could possibly be that way. However, without a solid team on their schedule how do they really know how well the offense will do against hazard? It hasn't been tested at all and hasn't been through intense situations with a new guy under center leading that offense. Williamsburg is still the favorite in this game, but for me, there is a question mark when you take that much of your offense out of the equation. Don't get me wrong, they could show up and put a running clock on them, and all I'm saying is that it shouldn't be that set in stone as to what will happen because you really don't know when you have new personnel that hasn't been tested.
Tic tic, tic toc. 64 may be participating in a crow eating contest Friday night.
UK#24 Wrote:Jones ran for 190 yards last year against W'Burg.

Those stats were not what we had, I noticed that the first play of the game Jones lost 10 yards and it didn't show up anywhere it seems that none of his loses were recorded. If he really did have that many yards we would not have won the game.
Nice kid and A good back with out inflation.
baseball1974 Wrote:For once I agree with you. Hazard's JV team should be in by the start of the third quarter so their starters can rest for the following week.

^:hilarious: is all I have to say about that.
Granny Bear Wrote:Don't know about the game, but right now in Harlan it's lights out snowing!!

leave a light on.
baseball1974 Wrote:Just to be a devils advocate on this game, there is a variable to this game that is unknown for me. Last year Williamsburg won by two scores. They had 298 yards of total offense, but 220 of those yards were gotten by a player Williamsburg no longer has. Now I realize that everyone says over and over that williamsburg's offense is much better this year and it could possibly be that way. However, without a solid team on their schedule how do they really know how well the offense will do against hazard? It hasn't been tested at all and hasn't been through intense situations with a new guy under center leading that offense. Williamsburg is still the favorite in this game, but for me, there is a question mark when you take that much of your offense out of the equation. Don't get me wrong, they could show up and put a running clock on them, and all I'm saying is that it shouldn't be that set in stone as to what will happen because you really don't know when you have new personnel that hasn't been tested.
Did Griffith drop in from outerspace? He is a kid who has played in 3 regional championship games. He had scored 328 points before this season started. He is an athlete who had 3600 yards receiving last 3 years. He has thrown 37 TDs this year against 2 picks with an additional 12 TDs rushing. Love to have Sizemore back but Griffith is a more than adequate replacement. You have beat this horse to death. Your argument has no merit.
baseball1974 Wrote:Just to be a devils advocate on this game, there is a variable to this game that is unknown for me. Last year Williamsburg won by two scores. They had 298 yards of total offense, but 220 of those yards were gotten by a player Williamsburg no longer has. Now I realize that everyone says over and over that williamsburg's offense is much better this year and it could possibly be that way. However, without a solid team on their schedule how do they really know how well the offense will do against hazard? It hasn't been tested at all and hasn't been through intense situations with a new guy under center leading that offense. Williamsburg is still the favorite in this game, but for me, there is a question mark when you take that much of your offense out of the equation. Don't get me wrong, they could show up and put a running clock on them, and all I'm saying is that it shouldn't be that set in stone as to what will happen because you really don't know when you have new personnel that hasn't been tested.

You got to understand, we didn't just go looking for A replacement for Dalton, we had two QBs either of which could have done the job. We didn't start from zero. Our QB last year Dalton Sizemore was as good as any QB in the state, however the QB we have now in different ways is just as good, You got to realize this team is not one trick poney, they have all improved they are A year older and we have added some real good talent. We may not win another game but, whoever beats us will win the State Championship WRITE IT DOWN.

baseball1974 this is not the same team as last year. :please: look at skyler Giffith stats he has not play a total of 6 games, same as Massey,Patrick,Shelton, Lowrie, Creekmore look at their stats and double them If they would have play 12 full games. I truely believe you would see what going on in Williamsburg....Williamsburg Defense will shutdown any 1A offense down in the east. Just keep watching Friday night scores...Dang I think I'm kin to Jetpitot....:Cheerlead

if you had ever seen Skyler Griffith play you would stop living in the past and keep repeating your self that their best player has left. Skyler played quarterback in middle school and won the state championship then became one of the best receivers in the state when he got to the highschool opposite Corey Shelton hence the reason Sizemore had big passing numbers. Skyler has speed and ability to run and throw the ball with big Fred Massey behind him which makes their offense way way better than last year.
UK#24 Wrote:Jones ran for 190 yards last year against W'Burg.

Jones supposedly ran for 190yrds on paper but if you look at the film that's a big no! Besides, if he ran for 190yards how did hazard not win?
E's Army Wrote:Did Griffith drop in from outerspace? He is a kid who has played in 3 regional championship games. He had scored 328 points before this season started. He is an athlete who had 3600 yards receiving last 3 years. He has thrown 37 TDs this year against 2 picks with an additional 12 TDs rushing. Love to have Sizemore back but Griffith is a more than adequate replacement. You have beat this horse to death. Your argument has no merit.

topnotch Wrote:You got to understand, we didn't just go looking for A replacement for Dalton, we had two QBs either of which could have done the job. We didn't start from zero. Our QB last year Dalton Sizemore was as good as any QB in the state, however the QB we have now in different ways is just as good, You got to realize this team is not one trick poney, they have all improved they are A year older and we have added some real good talent. We may not win another game but, whoever beats us will win the State Championship WRITE IT DOWN.

I'm not saying you're wrong about this years offense. I'm just pointing out that it isn't clear what they can do. Griffith was good up to now but he wasn't the QB. Williamsburg racked up around 4500 yards last year and Sizemore accounted for all but a little over a thousand of those yards. Whether it was through the air or on the ground, he was your offense. It's not possible to say you have the same offense as last year. It may be better and you may have put up better numbers, but it is still unknown as to what they can do against quality competition. The reason I bring it up again is everyone keeps saying it's the same team with better additions, but you're leaving out the part where the best quarterback in 1a last year that was responsible for all the offense is no longer there. There is just no way to say how their offense will be deep in the playoffs because this particular offense has never been deep in the playoffs.
topnotch Wrote:You got to understand, we didn't just go looking for A replacement for Dalton, we had two QBs either of which could have done the job. We didn't start from zero. Our QB last year Dalton Sizemore was as good as any QB in the state, however the QB we have now in different ways is just as good, You got to realize this team is not one trick poney, they have all improved they are A year older and we have added some real good talent. We may not win another game but, whoever beats us will win the State Championship WRITE IT DOWN.

well said.
baseball1974 Wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong about this years offense. I'm just pointing out that it isn't clear what they can do. Griffith was good up to now but he wasn't the QB. Williamsburg racked up around 4500 yards last year and Sizemore accounted for all but a little over a thousand of those yards. Whether it was through the air or on the ground, he was your offense. It's not possible to say you have the same offense as last year. It may be better and you may have put up better numbers, but it is still unknown as to what they can do against quality competition. The reason I bring it up again is everyone keeps saying it's the same team with better additions, but you're leaving out the part where the best quarterback in 1a last year that was responsible for all the offense is no longer there. There is just no way to say how their offense will be deep in the playoffs because this particular offense has never been deep in the playoffs.

:HitWall::insane:

The Devil bee's :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam will be swarming eastern kentucky for the next 2 weeks and then to play mayfield,Alabama or Beechwood Ohio :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
64SUR Wrote:The Devil bee's :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam will be swarming eastern kentucky for the next 2 weeks and then to play mayfield,Alabama or Beechwood Ohio :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam

that sounds about right :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:The Devil bee's :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam will be swarming eastern kentucky for the next 2 weeks and then to play mayfield,Alabama or Beechwood Ohio :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam

H**L is coming to Bowling Green!!!

Dear Mr. Devil, prepare to meet your Daddy once again.
:ChairHit:
pjdoug Wrote:if you had ever seen Skyler Griffith play you would stop living in the past and keep repeating your self that their best player has left. Skyler played quarterback in middle school and won the state championship then became one of the best receivers in the state when he got to the highschool opposite Corey Shelton hence the reason Sizemore had big passing numbers. Skyler has speed and ability to run and throw the ball with big Fred Massey behind him which makes their offense way way better than last year.

Haha! You're bragging about a middle school state championship, but I'm the one living in the past? I realize it's hard to find the word "championship" in Williamsburg's football past, but middle school, really? Haha!
topnotch Wrote:Jones supposedly ran for 190yrds on paper but if you look at the film that's a big no! Besides, if he ran for 190yards how did hazard not win?

not got a dog in the fight, but in reference to this statement, Quinten Baker of Ashland Rushed for 240 yards as well as scoring a couple of TDs and Ashland still took a thump on the head by way of a 2 TD loss to Highlands. Not comparing the running backs, disputing Griffith, or arguing anyone schedule's strength or weakness, simply making a statement. One player's numbers does not make or break a win or loss. It doesnt matter how many yards you run or throw for. If it's all between the 20 yard lines and you only cross the goal line once. Morgan's turnovers and inability to look for any reciever other than Hudson is what lost the game for the Bulldogs last year. Morgan is much improved and. i expect a better performance by Hazard this year. Last year really means nothing. Hazard's health this year is a question mark for me. But even with those injuries, Hazard will be the best defense Williamsburg will have seen up to this point. It should and will be a good game. And 64 may have turned into Jet's illegitimate, rival's child lol. You saw where thats gotten him thus far, Right 64?lol
mayfield_9 Wrote:H**L is coming to Bowling Green!!!

skeery:Shaking:
mayfield_9 Wrote:H**L is coming to Bowling Green!!!

Did you get myson55 permission to say H*LL. :lmao:
ALL teams change from year to year to year.

The Burg didn't have Massey last year, either. I wonder how many offensive yards he has gotten so far.
baseball1974 Wrote:Haha! You're bragging about a middle school state championship, but I'm the one living in the past? I realize it's hard to find the word "championship" in Williamsburg's football past, but middle school, really? Haha!

I don't brag about anything and I'm not even a Williamsburg fan but I expect to be supporting them in Bowling Green while you sit at home.I just know a good team and player when I see one. You have a severe problem with repeating your self and some mental issues you need to work out.
strange danger Wrote:i hear all this talk about jones. Last year jones didn't do so well against the jackets. why? ethan wilson from williamsburg the first play of the game grabbed him and threw him around like a rag doll the first play of the game for a seven yard loss followed by several more loss of yards carries despite the report that he had over 100 yds rushing

I expect much of the same from the Williamsburg defense this year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:not got a dog in the fight, but in reference to this statement, Quinten Baker of Ashland Rushed for 240 yards as well as scoring a couple of TDs and Ashland still took a thump on the head by way of a 2 TD loss to Highlands. Not comparing the running backs, disputing Griffith, or arguing anyone schedule's strength or weakness, simply making a statement. One player's numbers does not make or break a win or loss. It doesnt matter how many yards you run or throw for. If it's all between the 20 yard lines and you only cross the goal line once. Morgan's turnovers and inability to look for any reciever other than Hudson is what lost the game for the Bulldogs last year. Morgan is much improved and. i expect a better performance by Hazard this year. Last year really means nothing. Hazard's health this year is a question mark for me. But even with those injuries, Hazard will be the best defense Williamsburg will have seen up to this point. It should and will be a good game. And 64 may have turned into Jet's illegitimate, rival's child lol. You saw where thats gotten him thus far, Right 64?lol

Williamsburg's defense will be the best Hazard has seen.
64SUR Wrote:Did you get myson55 permission to say H*LL. :lmao:

:thatsfunn
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next