•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11-21( Region Championship )
Jackets hear that, "tic toc, tic toc". The dawgs are waiting.
mysonis55 Wrote:Jackets hear that, "tic toc, tic toc". The dawgs are waiting.

The Dawgs are gonna get all they want and then some.
mysonis55 Wrote:There is no way in he** that the burg is going to beat the dawgs by 20 or more 64. I could see the dawgs winning by 2 scores or more.

You are so far west Mysonis55 you have know ideal what going on in 1A in the east. Keep your eye on the scoreboard next Friday night....Confusedmoke:
I will say this and believe it without a doubt. If the OC from Hazard tries to just run it at them, Hazard will lose. Morgan to me is the best Sophomore QB in the state and he better get used on 11/21 or it will be a long night. If Burg tries to load the box to stop Jones then they better let Morgan work his skills and beat them in the air. If Morgan can back them off then Jones can have a big night as well. I am going with the upset, Dixon gets the OC to use the talent and the dogs move on.
If the burg can use 12-13 players on defense, they might be able to stop the run. If the refs won't allow them to, run. If you follow that advise, you win.
hardcore1 Wrote:I will say this and believe it without a doubt. If the OC from Hazard tries to just run it at them, Hazard will lose. Morgan to me is the best Sophomore QB in the state and he better get used on 11/21 or it will be a long night. If Burg tries to load the box to stop Jones then they better let Morgan work his skills and beat them in the air. If Morgan can back them off then Jones can have a big night as well. I am going with the upset, Dixon gets the OC to use the talent and the dogs move on.

Williamsburg will probably force Morgan to beat them and will likely have a pass rush in his face all night.
64SUR Wrote:You are so far west Mysonis55 you have know ideal what going on in 1A in the east. Keep your eye on the scoreboard next Friday night....Confusedmoke:

which scoreboard?:biggrin:
Hazard will lean on Jones some but they will not over work him because Hazards recievers are pretty solid. If they key on Jones then Morgan will hit the open reciever.. Higgins and Johnson are as good as any two recievers in class A.. Do not underestimate the others as well in Olinger and Ratliff and Fletcher..
I think at some point this season people have forgot who won the east last year. Last year Williamsburg was hands down the best 1a team in the east and they had hands down the best defense. They returned almost everyone from that team last year and I think they are better this year. I think they have the best defense in the eastern 1a and they have something they were lacking last year and that is a strong run game. People wanted to forget about this team for a few different reasons and they got caught up in thinking about Pikeville but yet here we are and Williamsburg is undefeated and I think the hands down favorite to go to Bowling Green again this year. :popcorn:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think at some point this season people have forgot who won the east last year. Last year Williamsburg was hands down the best 1a team in the east and they had hands down the best defense. They returned almost everyone from that team last year and I think they are better this year. I think they have the best defense in the eastern 1a and they have something they were lacking last year and that is a strong run game. People wanted to forget about this team for a few different reasons and they got caught up in thinking about Pikeville but yet here we are and Williamsburg is undefeated and I think the hands down favorite to go to Bowling Green again this year. :popcorn:

I think you just described Williamsburg perfectly.
Williamsburg was solid last year and the best team last year. Hazard had 5+ turnovers in that game and was basically still in the game. Hazard is still hard to beat in the playoffs. They beat a LCA team in 08 that beat them by 42 in the regular season..
mysonis55 Wrote:If the burg can use 12-13 players on defense, they might be able to stop the run. If the refs won't allow them to, run. If you follow that advise, you win.

I don't believe that local officials are used in post season play. That will be good for the Burg!

Do-double-gg Wrote:I think at some point this season people have forgot who won the east last year. Last year Williamsburg was hands down the best 1a team in the east and they had hands down the best defense. They returned almost everyone from that team last year and I think they are better this year. I think they have the best defense in the eastern 1a and they have something they were lacking last year and that is a strong run game. People wanted to forget about this team for a few different reasons and they got caught up in thinking about Pikeville but yet here we are and Williamsburg is undefeated and I think the hands down favorite to go to Bowling Green again this year. :popcorn:

And added one or two! Confusednicker:
I know that I'm biased, but Fred Massey adds another dimention to this already strong team. At least, that's my opinion.

bac2369 Wrote:Williamsburg was solid last year and the best team last year. Hazard had 5+ turnovers in that game and was basically still in the game. Hazard is still hard to beat in the playoffs. They beat a LCA team in 08 that beat them by 42 in the regular season..

Hazard has a ton of skilled players. I was able to catch one of their games against Prestonsburg earlier this year. They absolutely will make this game competitive!

But I think Williamsburg will pull this victory out!!

Good luck to both teams!!!
I stick with my previous prediction that Williamsburg will go through the East like a dose of salts Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't believe that local officials are used in post season play. That will be good for the Burg!

And added one or two! Confusednicker:
I know that I'm biased, but Fred Massey adds another dimention to this already strong team. At least, that's my opinion.

Hazard has a ton of skilled players. I was able to catch one of their games against Prestonsburg earlier this year. They absolutely will make this game competitive!

But I think Williamsburg will pull this victory out!!

Good luck to both teams!!!

Hazard never really run the ball that good against P-burg but I expect hazard to run the ball a little better against Williamsburg..
Gotta go with Hazard at home by a TD in overtime. Sorry SUR64.
Slic Ric Wrote:Gotta go with Hazard at home by a TD in overtime. Sorry SUR64.

Don't feel sorry Slic Ric I have warned everybody. I'm just pleading with innocent BGR fans. That this is the same Williamsburg team that played last year, Williamsburg has much quicker speed this year on offense...Williamsburg defense plays like it going to be there last game.....And I truly believe Williamsburg last game will be in Bowling Green... :truestory:
I think people should look back at the Newport game to see how good Williamsburg is. Since that lose Newport has won 7 out of 8 with their only lose a 5 point game to Newport Central Catholic which they are playing this week for regional championship.
mysonis55 Wrote:Jackets hear that, "tic toc, tic toc". The dawgs are waiting.

Dawgs worst nightmare coming to hazard....THE WILLIAMSBURG YELLOWJACKETS :worthy:
footballfever Wrote:I think people should look back at the Newport game to see how good Williamsburg is. Since that lose Newport has won 7 out of 8 with their only lose a 5 point game to Newport Central Catholic which they are playing this week for regional championship.

Beechwood beat NCC 30-13 on the road, so it's hard to compare scores, I think Williamsburg is the favorite to win the east and Mayfield in the west.
64SUR Wrote:Don't feel sorry Slic Ric I have warned everybody. I'm just pleading with innocent BGR fans. That this is the same Williamsburg team that played last year, Williamsburg has much quicker speed this year on offense...Williamsburg defense plays like it going to be there last game.....And I truly believe Williamsburg last game will be in Bowling Green... :truestory:

I admire your confidence that you have in your team 64.
I am going to tell you now the same thing I told you last year. Football games are won on the line of scrimmage. Mayfield's line will absolutely dominate your line. On both sides of the ball. No if's, and's, or but's. Watch and learn my friend.
mayfield_9 Wrote:I admire your confidence that you have in your team 64.
I am going to tell you now the same thing I told you last year. Football games are won on the line of scrimmage. Mayfield's line will absolutely dominate your line. On both sides of the ball. No if's, and's, or but's. Watch and learn my friend.

Since this is a Wburg vs Hazard thread I think 64 is referring to Hazard, I see no reference to Mayfield...Just saying Wburg makes it to BG...
Got to look at some stats from the Hazard and Campbellsville game and Hazard held Kendom Young to 58 yards 17 carries. Williamsburg held him to 54 on 7 carries. But Williamsburg didn't let him have any catches while Hazard give up 3 catches for 91 yards.. Young had all 3 scores for them. Hazards run defense is getting better I believe and at the right time I must add. Pass defense is has been pretty fair all year and I expect them to play pretty good.
bac2369 Wrote:Got to look at some stats from the Hazard and Campbellsville game and Hazard held Kendom Young to 58 yards 17 carries. Williamsburg held him to 54 on 7 carries. But Williamsburg didn't let him have any catches while Hazard give up 3 catches for 91 yards.. Young had all 3 scores for them. Hazards run defense is getting better I believe and at the right time I must add. Pass defense is has been pretty fair all year and I expect them to play pretty good.

bad2369 :please: understand the score at halftime between hazard and Campbellville was 18-14.... Just remember that bac2369....Williamsburg had a running clock at the beginning of the 2nd qtr on Campbellville.......:truestory:
I'm not ready for crow seasons.....:runtouchd
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard never really run the ball that good against P-burg but I expect hazard to run the ball a little better against Williamsburg..

I wouldn't count on it.
64SUR Wrote:Don't feel sorry Slic Ric I have warned everybody. I'm just pleading with innocent BGR fans. That this is the same Williamsburg team that played last year, Williamsburg has much quicker speed this year on offense...Williamsburg defense plays like it going to be there last game.....And I truly believe Williamsburg last game will be in Bowling Green... :truestory:

I've tried to help you warn them but they wont listen.
mayfield_9 Wrote:I admire your confidence that you have in your team 64.

so you think Williamsburg and mayfield will be in Bowling Green.
bac2369 Wrote:Got to look at some stats from the Hazard and Campbellsville game and Hazard held Kendom Young to 58 yards 17 carries. Williamsburg held him to 54 on 7 carries. But Williamsburg didn't let him have any catches while Hazard give up 3 catches for 91 yards.. Young had all 3 scores for them. Hazards run defense is getting better I believe and at the right time I must add. Pass defense is has been pretty fair all year and I expect them to play pretty good.

Hazard starters probably played longer than Williamsburg's did.
64SUR Wrote:I'm not ready for crow seasons.....:runtouchd

I'm ready to go to Houchens-L.T Smith Stadium.
pjdoug Wrote:so you think Williamsburg and mayfield will be in Bowling Green.

Yes
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next