Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell Co Tigers?
Okay, another I told you so. Mayfield beats Caldwell Co #1 in 2a at that time. Then everyone starts downing the Tigers. The polls picked Owensboro Cath jumps them to move to #2 and they drop to #4. I said that I still thought they could win state. Now, Murray, which Caldwell already beat, travels to OC and wins. Could it be?
Anything could happen. Ask Paintsville. DeSales and CAL will have a lot to say as to who wins 2A.
Caldwell will have a rough time with the teams from here on out if the don't play their better players on Defense. Hopefully the coaches learned that lesson from the playoff game last year.

:1:
Top Cat Wrote:Caldwell will have a rough time with the teams from here on out if the don't play their better players on Defense. Hopefully the coaches learned that lesson from the playoff game last year.

:1:

I dont see caldwell county winning the state champuionship.
Take the blinders off.
So what are you exactly trying to go with this thread?
Caldwell is good. Mayfield is 30+ pts better. Caldwell is also not #1 or #2 or even #3 in 2A . Mayfield is #1 in 1A with 2A numbers lol
Here are the numbers for next year.
Mayfield and NCC will be among the smallest 2A schools. They don't stand a chance, right?
If numbers mean so much, why isn't Bracken Co. a powerhouse in 1A football?
http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20...lments.pdf
Enrollment is overrated in so many ways.

It's what's in that enrollment that you don't see. All of the demographical factors.
We will see if Caldwell is #1, #2 or #3 when the smoke clears. I remember this same talk in 2012. They were 30 seconds from being #1 when the smoke cleared. I love the crying about the size thing this year. The east people weren't crying in 2009 when a 2a sized LCA beat a 1a sized Mayfield. We certainly didn't either.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Here are the numbers for next year.
Mayfield and NCC will be among the smallest 2A schools. They don't stand a chance, right?
If numbers mean so much, why isn't Bracken Co. a powerhouse in 1A football?
http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20...lments.pdf

Do we really want to even start that discussion? Insert any small rural county school and its the same argument.
[quote=Glacier]Do we really want to even start that discussion? Insert any small rural county school and its the same argument.[/QUOTE

This is about numbers, and crying about Mayfield being too big. Mayfield doesn't make the rules. Bracken Co. is one of the biggest schools in 1A. Using their logic, Bracken Co. should therefore be awesome, not 0-11. Using their logic, there is no way Williamsburg should be 12-0.
Enrollment numbers wasn't even my intentions. it's just you have justify everything Mayfield does. Everybody knows they are a solid ball team. They'll do great in 2A just like they did in 1A . probably win a championship every single year considering 2A is historically weaker than 1A.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Enrollment is overrated in so many ways.

It's what's in that enrollment that you don't see. All of the demographical factors.

You can say it man, what you mean is you have to look at the border schools. Those schools that border other states and are allowed to prey off the best players in those regions; I.E. Belfry, Highlands, Bell, Beechwood, Mayfield etc and still keep their numbers where they want them.
mysonis55 Wrote:Okay, another I told you so. Mayfield beats Caldwell Co #1 in 2a at that time. Then everyone starts downing the Tigers. The polls picked Owensboro Cath jumps them to move to #2 and they drop to #4. I said that I still thought they could win state. Now, Murray, which Caldwell already beat, travels to OC and wins. Could it be?

It could be, but I would like to point out two facts. One being that Caldwell also beat Murray in the regular season last year only to lose in the playoffs. The second being that O'Cath almost always proves to be overrated when it comes playoff time. Not saying that Caldwell couldn't or shouldn't win on Friday, just something to take into account. I will say that in my opinion the state championship is going to go back to Louisville this year.
I agree that the title likely goes to louisville.
I too think the title is likely going to reside in the ville this year but not next
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I too think the title is likely going to reside in the ville this year but not next

I like the way you think.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I too think the title is likely going to reside in the ville this year but not next

If you think your going to come into 2A and dominate. You better prepare yourself for a let down. CAL, and DeSales aren't going anywhere. Colts will be loaded again next year.
ColtPride Wrote:If you think your going to come into 2A and dominate. You better prepare yourself for a let down. CAL, and DeSales aren't going anywhere. Colts will be loaded again next year.

Who knows what will happen just having fun is all. I wouldnt expect mayfield to be a pushover in 2a though if i was you.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Who knows what will happen just having fun is all. I wouldnt expect mayfield to be a pushover in 2a though if i was you.

Not at all. Looking forward to making a game in Mayfield. 2A is going to be tough in the future.
1year at a time.
mysonis55 Wrote:1year at a time.

Yes father:biglmao: