•  Previous
  • 25(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
and why you say that lando
Break is over they may get back in normal routine and get something accomplished.
I'd say as much emphasis needs to be placed on the hiring of the assistance and staff as is being placed on the head coach. I just hope the admin gives the new coach the means and flexability to bring it together Who are some of the names around Manchester that can and would fill those spots? Would some of the individuals who applied for the head spot take an assistants job if they don't get the call for the head job?
Oldtiger Wrote:I'd say as much emphasis needs to be placed on the hiring of the assistance and staff as is being placed on the head coach. I just hope the admin gives the new coach the means and flexability to bring it together Who are some of the names around Manchester that can and would fill those spots? Would some of the individuals who applied for the head spot take an assistants job if they don't get the call for the head job?

I'd say some of those guys would take an assistants job, some wouldn't. It probably boils down to who ends up being the head coach.

I could give a long list of potential assistants but I don't know if they'd appreciate me putting their names on here.
DarthVader Wrote:Looks like there are two or three guys on here that dont have 3 years coaching experience combined. I've never seen another coaching job where so many guys that don't coach have applied, or maybe these names are just some inside jokes going on with you guys from clay.

Hope it is an inside joke about these people being considered that have little to no coaching experience. That does absolutely NOTHING for a program, but seal their fate to not being able to be competitive. I hate to see that happen to any program, whether I am a fan or not. You have to think about these young men that are going to be playing & attempting to set a GOOD example for their school. Those younger kids are watching what the older ones do, make it a fair playing field for them, come on Clay County, get someone in there to coach that has some experience that can help you build something GREAT not hold you back!! :Thumbs:
Tight End Wrote:Hope it is an inside joke about these people being considered that have little to no coaching experience. That does absolutely NOTHING for a program, but seal their fate to not being able to be competitive. I hate to see that happen to any program, whether I am a fan or not. You have to think about these young men that are going to be playing & attempting to set a GOOD example for their school. Those younger kids are watching what the older ones do, make it a fair playing field for them, come on Clay County, get someone in there to coach that has some experience that can help you build something GREAT not hold you back!! :Thumbs:

Please explain explain to the committee how to go about getting that coach if he hasn't applied.

Not sure about this but I think they opened it up without doing a search first. Clay should be seeking a coach IMO, not just wishing and hoping one comes around...there's just not that many experienced coaches chomping at the bits to come to Manchester...are there?

Disclaimer...the committee may very well be going outside the applicants "seeking" a coach...I don't know.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Please explain explain to the committee how to go about getting that coach if he hasn't applied.

Not sure about this but I think they opened it up without doing a search first. Clay should be seeking a coach IMO, not just wishing and hoping one comes around...there's just not that many experienced coaches chomping at the bits to come to Manchester...are there?

Disclaimer...the committee may very well be going outside the applicants "seeking" a coach...I don't know.

Just my opinion, but all schools should have a list of coaches that they would seek out and inquire if there's interest in their open position. It doesn't mean that those coaches would ever apply, but it would be a starting point. By doing so you can fully gauge the interest in the job. You still open the job up for applications, just do a little "foot work" first.
The most logical hire is Smith, Then let those other guys from here be assistants and learn under his watch while we groom a successor going forward
Eddie would call the offense, he could get Lewis back to coach the qbs, Culver could be the DC, Sizemore could coach the OL, DC could coach the running backs.
Bring the grade schools best up to fill out the rest of the staff with guys like:
Scott Reid -WR's, Jeff Woods-DL, David Earl- LB's, Jamie Gilbert - DB's.
Recipe for success in my opinion. Probably won't happen though because it makes too much sense.
the tigers eye how long has it been since this smith guy coached?
He coached back in Eugene's days as an assistant, he's already in the building so he doesnt need a teaching job. I'd say you would see a smashsmoth style offense and a tenacious defense under his watch.
TheTigersEye Wrote:The most logical hire is Smith, Then let those other guys from here be assistants and learn under his watch while we groom a successor going forward
Eddie would call the offense, he could get Lewis back to coach the qbs, Culver could be the DC, Sizemore could coach the OL, DC could coach the running backs.
Bring the grade schools best up to fill out the rest of the staff with guys like:
Scott Reid -WR's, Jeff Woods-DL, David Earl- LB's, Jamie Gilbert - DB's.
Recipe for success in my opinion. Probably won't happen though because it makes too much sense.

Culver & Sizemore are currently employed at other schools, right? I doubt admin would hire Smith, Culver and Sizemore.

SMITH, MP Sizemore, Culver, Langdon, Gilbert plus volunteers???
MP SIZEMORE, Smith, Gilbert, Langdon, Hibbard plus volunteers???
SMITH, Combs, Hibbard, Langdon, Rice plus volunteers???
COMBS, Smith, Langdon, W. Turner, Rice plus volunteers???
COMBS, Mitchell, Gilbert, Langdon, Schickell plus volunteers???
MITCHELL, Combs, Gilbert, Schickell plus volunteers???
SMITH, Johnson, W. Turner, Gilbert plus volunteers???

Feel free to throw Hibbard, Rice, Johnson, W. Turner, Robinson, Deaton, Woods, Fultz, Byrd, Langdon, M. Bowling, D. Sizemore, P. Mobley, Culver, J. Gray (can coach anything), Burchfield, Reid and a few more in any combination you want. I know I'm leaving a few guys out, but there's plenty of assistants and combinations to go with, just add a head coach.

NOTE...I HAVE NO IDEA IF ALL OF THESE GUYS ARE INTERESTED. SOME ARE, SOME MAYBE, SOME NOT.
First IMO if your an applicant and have not been contacted by any committee member as of yet than count yourself OUT. Second I feel the admin are doing there homework and really checking out the applicants and some that didn't even apply to make the best possible decision. The one they wanted the one we all wanted is not coming so they are having to look more into other applicants but my friend of a friend says the head coach will not be one of the guys from clay. I think we will know something by the end of January.
TrueTigerfan Wrote:First IMO if your an applicant and have not been contacted by any committee member as of yet than count yourself OUT. Second I feel the admin are doing there homework and really checking out the applicants and some that didn't even apply to make the best possible decision. The one they wanted the one we all wanted is not coming so they are having to look more into other applicants but my friend of a friend says the head coach will not be one of the guys from clay. I think we will know something by the end of January.

I guess it would be more fun for us to speculate if we knew who applied that are not from Clay County. We're just taking shots in the dark, still fun though.
I just hope coach Hensley gets back involved and we hire some assistance.
Are you all talking Madden or high school football? I thought I got on wrong thread. Oh I see this is fantasy football lineups. Ok glad I don't have Dalton unless it's the roadhouse one
My guess is that Coach Hensley will be somewhat involved. Which reminds me, Mike "Box Head" Hensley is also a potential assistant. Again, I have no idea if he is interested.
Tigercreek Wrote:Are you all talking Madden or high school football? I thought I got on wrong thread. Oh I see this is fantasy football lineups. Ok glad I don't have Dalton unless it's the roadhouse one

Just throwing possible assistant combinations around man, care to join in?
I like woods, Gilbert, smith, coach Hensley, Langdon, mark Deaton, any of the rice boys,
Hibbard would be great,
I'm sure new guy would bring someone with him then Hensley smith and prolly Langdon.
I think that would be solid
Tigercreek Wrote:I'm sure new guy would bring someone with him then Hensley smith and prolly Langdon.
I think that would be solid

It's gonna get interesting, not sure what admin is willing to do as far as assistants.
It would take more than Langdon and Hensley to be a solid 4A staff. There needs to be at least 7 and probably more like 9 quality paid assistants to be on the level of a lot of other schools that size.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:It's gonna get interesting, not sure what admin is willing to do as far as assistants.

Looking at the sense of urgency that has been displayed in order to find a decent candidate, I would say they are not willing to do much as far as assistant coaches. :Thumbs:
I think the assistants hire will be almost more important than the coach. 4 paid positions. I don't think they will pay for any more because they will have to provide the coach a job. I heard Hensley will help but don't want any money.
DarthVader Wrote:Looking at the sense of urgency that has been displayed in order to find a decent candidate, I would say they are not willing to do much as far as assistant coaches. :Thumbs:

I hope I'm wasting energy, but I am concerned.
I would think that Ed is still the front runner, just too many friends on comm.Is the comm. also picking the asst,coaches?
I don't think so because in my opinion if it was ed or anyone from clay they would have hired before Christmas and got it over with. The time they are taking tells,me they have still been looking into applicants and trying to find the one.
I hope I am wrong, but I think the way this is being handled shows that there just wasn't the interest in the job by high level candidates. Those who applied are similar in many ways, positives and negatives. This makes for a very difficult decision. But what do I know? Maybe we all get surprised!
You know sometimes talking to a lot of football coaches/assistants at other schools brings up a name no one is even thinking about. We had that happen on the College level once that comes to mind where I had ties, the guy's name was thrown out there, by someone at another College, the administration contacted him - ended up being a great move. not only a great 1st season, but a run for 6-7 yrs as long as the coach was there that built a good program gave them the shot in the arm they needed. Guess what I am saying is 'talk it up' to people in the know - don't close any doors....you never know where that right fit for a NEW Coach is going to come from. Good luck to Clay County I am not from there. We see them play a couple of times a year but I want them to build a GOOD program. It's good for the whole area!! A lot of us interested in HS football want good competition in the foothills here!! Good luck to you all!!
Tight End Wrote:You know sometimes talking to a lot of football coaches/assistants at other schools brings up a name no one is even thinking about. We had that happen on the College level once that comes to mind where I had ties, the guy's name was thrown out there, by someone at another College, the administration contacted him - ended up being a great move. not only a great 1st season, but a run for 6-7 yrs as long as the coach was there that built a good program gave them the shot in the arm they needed. Guess what I am saying is 'talk it up' to people in the know - don't close any doors....you never know where that right fit for a NEW Coach is going to come from. Good luck to Clay County I am not from there. We see them play a couple of times a year but I want them to build a GOOD program. It's good for the whole area!! A lot of us interested in HS football want good competition in the foothills here!! Good luck to you all!!
Excellent post. Sometimes the right person comes out of nowhere.
Is it possible that a guy has already accepted and just working thru details. Don't know but hope he's a goodin
  •  Previous
  • 25(current)
  • Next