•  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
I have no confidence in your confidant..
TrueTigerfan Wrote:No one has griped how they are doing YES they have
First they have been without a coach since Nov 10 but there is a process to doing this people
Kids need time to rest and recover as long as someone is in place by February or end of February it will be fine. Just because kids are in the weight room don't mean a thing. They have to be committed to doing some work in the off season on there own. I know kids that are committed to the team are making sure they are still working hard or playing another sport. Believe me this team will be just as good if the hire don't happen to sometime in February. Your not just hiring a coach but this person will be a board hire so things take time and there is a process so chill out . It will be much better than what we had I assure you. I have a confidant that's in the circle and believe me the committee and admin are doing some major work on this position and the future of football.

I wonder how many district champion teams would feel comfortable about kicking back, resting and recovering till the end of February?
Your right SP I could eat crow because it is clay county isn't it. I am around some of the big players and all seems to be looking good. I do feel like the right decisions are going to made and hey let's face it can't get much worse. I just know they are checking on the applicants and leaving no stone un turned so they get the best educator and coach possible for the kids. Now as for Eddie. He won't get get but maybe offered a position with the team. Give up the idea of hiring a clay boy because it's not going to happen unless all the others drop out of the race.
Give up on the idea?
I say why not? What's the excuse? What kinda message does that send to kids in the county? Work hard and do your best and the most you can ever be here is an assistant? What's the knock on hiring Eddie?
TrueTigerfan Wrote:Your right SP I could eat crow because it is clay county isn't it. I am around some of the big players and all seems to be looking good. I do feel like the right decisions are going to made and hey let's face it can't get much worse. I just know they are checking on the applicants and leaving no stone un turned so they get the best educator and coach possible for the kids. Now as for Eddie. He won't get get but maybe offered a position with the team. Give up the idea of hiring a clay boy because it's not going to happen unless all the others drop out of the race.

I have no idea of "hiring a Clay boy" to give up my friend. I'm for the best candidate to get it. If the committe decides it's Ed, then it's Ed. If not, then so be it. I'm all about those young men getting ready for next season, nothing more.

I'm not sure how to take your "can't get much worse" comments. I'm not trying to start crap here but, if you're referring to Evan Napier, you better damn well believe we could get worse. Evan is a friend of mine and a good man. Evan is moving on, so should the rest of us.
I think Eddie would honestly be able to ignite an interest in the youth levels. Maybe even get some of the elementary guys to get hired on the staff. There is no negative that can be brought up with this hire.
I agree, sounds like to many whiny sissy parents out there that are looking for an easy out and pull the Ole it's the coach's fault excuse. Good luck to whoever gets what is starting more and more to look like a dumpster fire of a coaching job. If the committee allows those kids to go to Feb without a coach then they can never say that they are concerned with winning on the field. If a guy across from me is power cleaning 250 I better be pushing up 260 if I am wanting to win. I don't do that by taking a month off.
Bird Wrote:I wouldn't say hate, but strongly disagree with their methods. If 1 or 2 players love the coaches and 30-40 dislike them I would say a change is needed. If you were around the coaches or players last season you should know how it was. I will agree with you on the ACL injuries, but that is just 2 of the how many that left the team?
Do u know how to PM? If not, put the names of the ones on here who left the team and prove you're not a liar. :dudecomeon:
BIG TONY Wrote:Like I said, a lot of hate. Only one starter left the team and one who was benched for being lazy. A JV kid quit because someone yelled at him. Imagine that in football. You hate so much, you are a LIAR. PM me the other ones who left the team. Let it go brother.
So what you are saying is 5 players, other than the ones who tested dirty, is all that left the team? If so, who is really the LIAR? How many replacement guys were playing in Lexington, from the start of the season? Why was coach always talking bout players being out? Why was there a different group of linebackers each game? How many players dressed vs. Catholic? Then how many dresses vs. Perry Central? Was it more than 9?
I sir only hate what the players had to go thru, like I said. You my friend are bitter, you must have/had ties to someone who was fired. IMO if they had handled the drunks better their first season, like when they kicked them off then let them come back, they possibly would not have had the dirty testers they had this year. The ex coaches put in the time, cant argue that, but all kids come from different backgrounds. Some can take the insults, some cant. Some come out to get away from insults at home, in that case why would they bust their tail for a coach who is just going to insult them anyway?
BIG TONY Wrote:Do u know how to PM? If not, put the names of the ones on here who left the team and prove you're not a liar. :dudecomeon:

IDK who you are, and I refuse to put any kids name on here. If you know so much feel free to respond to my last post.:lame:
Bird Wrote:IDK who you are, and I refuse to put any kids name on here. If you know so much feel free to respond to my last post.:lame:

Just click on BIGTONY and choose send massage then type.
I say if a kid don't want insulted then he needs to be COACHABLE! Coachable kids don't get insulted. TongueirateSho:flame::Clap::rockon::Thumbs::devilflam

Eddie is the guy we need! He would have these guys running smoother than EX-LAX.
I also refuse to send anyone I don't know a massage.
What if you get to know them a little better? :hilarious:
TheTigersEye Wrote:I say if a kid don't want insulted then he needs to squeeze his gap, wrap up on tackles, finish his block, not get reached, don't throw interceptions, catch the ball, finish the block, Kick somebody out. Or simply just be COACHABLE! Coachable kids don't get insulted.

Eddie is the guy we need! He would have these guys running smoother than EX-LAX.

So, if this were a basketball thread, if a kid missed a half courter, got a shot blocked, was called for a charge, or didn't get that defensive stop and was then insulted and got upset he/she would be UNCOACHABLE? EX-LAX is a much needed thing in this thread, you people are full of crap.
Bird Wrote:So what you are saying is 5 players, other than the ones who tested dirty, is all that left the team? If so, who is really the LIAR? How many replacement guys were playing in Lexington, from the start of the season? Why was coach always talking bout players being out? Why was there a different group of linebackers each game? How many players dressed vs. Catholic? Then how many dresses vs. Perry Central? Was it more than 9?
I sir only hate what the players had to go thru, like I said. You my friend are bitter, you must have/had ties to someone who was fired. IMO if they had handled the drunks better their first season, like when they kicked them off then let them come back, they possibly would not have had the dirty testers they had this year. The ex coaches put in the time, cant argue that, but all kids come from different backgrounds. Some can take the insults, some cant. Some come out to get away from insults at home, in that case why would they bust their tail for a coach who is just going to insult them anyway?
Clay lost 4 starters after the first game who never came back. Two drug test, one kidneys and one knee injury. The entire right side of the line. Wolfe missed the second game,ankle. Runion started four games, lost for season, knee. Their two best two freshman were suspended. One Lber-Te quit, a backup lineman quit. Wolfe missed the last game, elbow. Adam Smith missed the last game, knee. In all Clay had 21 starters miss at least one game. You obviously r one of those that r bitter. That should update u on almost every position. Stop lying because I, like SkinPig am starting to take it personally. The staff u hate has moved on , now get u a good one.
bobcatsfan Wrote:Well eagle I'm friends with the young mans father and they are wonderful people. Lewis was a heck of a QB and yes he threw it all over everyone. The 09 team did have fugate but look at his stats. Didn't have the best year that year. The year before in 08 was the year fugate ran the ball a lot better. Had a better line. I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with ya. I'm a family friend and I've have seen what the young man can do. Bert Browne had his chances and couldn't do nothing with them. Didn't help his feeder system at all. You must be Bert Browne the way your acting. You take offense to everything. In my years I've seen a lot of coaches come and go in this area. Browne ranks at the bottom. We all know Holcomb built the program too. Dudley was just the coach that was here when it got started. Actually fugate lived in breathitt county right up the hill beside of where they built the drive in on hwy 15 by Vic's food mart. In breathitt county. Know condey Wayne and Willa very well.

don't know brown but I do know what he did at perry set your home boy up to have a program or are you going to give the credit to haddix and brown didn't win any games!! done talking to you about it. you are a homer with an agenda and I don't have a dog in the fight but when I see someone hiding behind a screen and dogging a coach out who obviously did a good job it gets under my skin.
Bird Wrote:So, if this were a basketball thread, if a kid missed a half courter, got a shot blocked, was called for a charge, or didn't get that defensive stop and was then insulted and got upset he/she would be UNCOACHABLE? EX-LAX is a much needed thing in this thread, you people are full of crap.

I'd sure hope the kid isn't taking half courters, If he's being coached to do that then the coach needs to go! haha. :problemgirl:
Bird Wrote:I also refuse to send anyone I don't know a massage.
I don't want a massage genius.
I am starting to feel sorry for the unlucky guy that does get this job, I gotta feeling he's going to be under the bus from day 1. And the assistant coach staff is going to be laughable at best IMO if they don't let the new guy bring anyone in.
DarthVader Wrote:I am starting to feel sorry for the unlucky guy that does get this job, I gotta feeling he's going to be under the bus from day 1.

I was thinking why not apply for this job. Now I know. :Clap::Clap:
There's lets say 15 guys(probably not that many but just for reference) who all want a different coach, when one guy gets the job, everyone else is immediately going to throw that guy under the bus. It's a trainwreck right now. They ran out a guy that has been there for 30 years, makes ya wonder what they would do to an outsider, haha.
I don't know who the best freshman were, but I do know a Senior LB that was not starting vs Perry Central, and he went down vs Pburg which was the third game of the season. So to catch you up a little he couldn't have started 4 games.
LOL DV I was meaning like they scored and that was the only shot he had. To get back on topic, it would be like throwing a int on a first and goal with under a min to go before half in a close game at home. Why are you throwing on goal and less than 5 with under a minute?
Surely any sane coach wouldn't let what a bunch of clowns say on a public thread determine if they wanted the job, would they? Seriously, if a coach lets this stuff get to him, I hope he doesn't apply.
DarthVader Wrote:There's lets say 15 guys(probably not that many but just for reference) who all want a different coach, when one guy gets the job, everyone else is immediately going to throw that guy under the bus. It's a trainwreck right now. They ran out a guy that has been there for 30 years, makes ya wonder what they would do to an outsider, haha.

Trust me when I say this...not one person posting on this thread has anything to do with anything. What any of us want matters not.
I surely hope coaches don't read anything us knuckleheads on here say. Some of us are like the guys from the outside just showing up in Ferguson, MO. to start trouble during the peaceful non violent protests. Big Grin
DarthVader Wrote:I surely hope coaches don't read anything us knuckleheads on here say. Some of us are like the guys from the outside just showing up in Ferguson, MO. to start trouble during the peaceful non violent protests. Big Grin

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of coaches that read it. I just wonder about a coach that would let it concern him.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Oh I'm sure there are plenty of coaches that read it. I just wonder about a coach that would let it concern him.

Haha, I hope any coach that is reading this can take anything said on here with a BOX of salt.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Oh I'm sure there are plenty of coaches that read it. I just wonder about a coach that would let it concern him.

Well I can tell you for a fact that the old coaching use to let it bother them. I have recieved messages pm from a few of them. When I said something they didn't like. That just made me want to do it more.
You can bet that while the committee ponders, the other teams in the district have been having ORGANIZED lifting and conditioning. Unless you have a time machine, you ain't getting that time back!
  •  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next