•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
he said Laurel not Leslie lol. 64 most think of you as just a visitor around the creek. You roots are down the pky but you might have a living quarters at the burg. I myself know a lot about the creeks ha ha
The reason they haven't hired now is because none of the applicants are worth it. Think about guys if they were going to a guy from clay they would have done it by now. There still looking.
Tigercreek Wrote:First beer then Taco Bell and now a comedy club. Love all 3 and can stay home to enjoy. J/k
It's early right now so keep the jokes coming lol Last 4 or 5 post are side busters.
Seriously the hire is from outside. Bobby and Larry too busy scouting for basketball team
Eddie Is nice cool guy but time is not right.
Laurel Co dang sure ain't a place to look for a football coach
And Mills is talking to a lot of people but not adm or board or comittee He not leaving Bell but seems to love attention

:biglmao::worthy:
My thoughts exactly, I am not sure the hiring committee has a clue what's going on. Other than Eugene I'm not sure another guy on there even knows what a football is.
They are trying to catch a fish that won't bite, when this falls through they won't have any idea where to go IMO. Just like Dudley wasnt coming to Whitley. Bell County > Clay County, have to have a pretty sweet deal to change that simple equation. And if they go that far in on Mills, and he does come, which he won't, who will be his assistant coaches? I don't see enough money in the budget to bring anybody, he will have to hire a bunch of local daddy ballers that think they know football or guys that went out the door on the last staff and we all know how either of those work out in the long run. This is based on pure speculation on my part by thinking logically.
TheTigersEye Wrote:My thoughts exactly, I am not sure the hiring committee has a clue what's going on. Other than Eugene I'm not sure another guy on there even knows what a football is.
I think they are 2 committees.
Wayne's been talking...comes from a very very good inside source.
64SUR Wrote:Sorry I forgot to apply....Confusednicker:

You still have time .
I believe SUR may have applied under a pseudonym!

Smile
well whats the deal I thought I heard they wanted it done by the 1st of the year
I heard they wanted to announce before then, too. But you can't control something like this...too many variables.
Being very thorough in the process for good reason. Its coming pretty soon
^^
As it should be!!

Sure hope they have a good one chosen!!
Tigercreek Wrote:Being very thorough in the process for good reason. Its coming pretty soon

With school out for Christmas, there's no reason to rush now. FInish the process the right way.
well will they have someone hired by jan
Bell asst. Coach told me at the M'boro mall last night that Coach Mills was going to give them an answer on the 29th. Leaning very heavy on taking the Clay job..
well if they want someone in place by jan they better hope he takes it or they might be standing there holding their stuff because other coaches that they offer might need a couple of days to think on it and what if they don't take it. it might be March before someone takes it! Just saying
A man don't need 1 or 2 weeks to think on it!!
Believe me, it would have been nice to have had a coach in place earlier. I just hope that the committee isn't just getting "played" by some applicants. Sometimes people play both ends against the middle.
you are right. but does anyone else believe this mills stuff
^^
Nobody knows for sure, but just to speculate for a moment, consider this: Dud wants back at Bell in the worst way. Bell doesn't want to buy out Mills contract, so they think about how to make this switch in the best way for the school.....Hmmmmmm.....
I'm not sure that coaches has contracts. No buy out, just let them go..
I believe Mills' position/negotiations were a little more complicated than that.
i have heard from pretty reliable source dud aint going nowhere.
Dud is Not going anywhere!!!! He will be at Taylor Co next year..
Mills is will be at Bell unless he takes the Clay job..
I will guarantee that mills isn't coming!!!
The only thing I know for 100% fact, is that nobody knows ANYTHING for 100% fact!!

Smile
walterwhite Wrote:With school out for Christmas, there's no reason to rush now. FInish the process the right way.

Some of the applicants "may" have other avenues pending. If so, shouldn't Clay at least narrow it down to who is going to be interviewed and inform them soon? I would hate to lose a good candidate because they didn't think they were going to get an interview.

IMHO it shouldn't take a lot of work to noarrow it down to who you want to interview.
I agree SP, after Wayne gets done leading us on we will be stuck with whatever is left. I've heard there has already been a few candidates that have lost interest in this job because of the lack of professionalism and communication on behalf of the administration. Wasn't there a saying about putting all the eggs in a single basket?
^^
Absolutely correct!! So, with this type of delay, could it mean that they have interviewed someone that they are greatly interested in, and just ironing out some details???

So much fun to speculate!!
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next