•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
If 64 don't know nobody does
They want hire local. Will interview some but will not hire any locals.
want or won't? I'm confused.
You've scene and red what the man said. How are you confused? Just except it and move on. Local or from out of town has no effect on the decision...Confusednicker:

In all honesty though, why would they waste interviews on guys that do not have a chance?
This is a huge hire for Clay.... Go get a proven coach that has many years still to coach
I don't thank they should interview anyone with no head coaching experience or ones that have had no success.
That criteria would cut down it down to maybe 1 candidate, if even that, depending on your definition of success ofcourse, what would that definition be?
Anythang better than past 3 years.
Coaching as head coach at say small 1A school or solid asst under championship coach and program. I take the latter as most would. But they have to be someone to recognize coaching talent wherever they are. Do we have someone here like that?
Young mans game now to rebuild
I have to disagree, some of the better coaches in the state are the 1a guys, they have seen adversity in every shape imaginable, any of those guys could go to other programs and be assistants to guys that are at schools that have everything in place in order to have success, does that make them better coaches if they do that? Larry Welch was coaching in state title games as an assistant at Rockcastle, brought the exact program and same way of doing things into SL and it just didn't work.
I believe you all will have some quality coaches apply that have head coaching experience because I think coaches know there is talent in Clay Co. The key is being able for him to bring in quality asst coaches. 1 man cant do it all himself. But a good head coach can coach coaches and people have to buy into the program and how he is going to do things.
never underestimate how much impact a head coach can have. yall need a very hard worker and your asst coaches are going to have to work right there with him.
He would make a great coach at Clay County
Anyone got any new names or information? I think it was me that said "can't base anything on exp or wins and losses." Base it on who fits the best and what they will do for how long. Robert Marcum had no exp, He's now top 3 coach in the 13th. As long as you have a love for the community, half way decent head on your shoulders, and know a little about football you will exceed expectations and do just fine at clay county. The talent is there and has been for sometime. But that's just the opinion of someone that doesn't matter and this is why the sup makes the big bucks! Regardless of who gets it our community needs to grow up and quit whining and hoping the coach fails. 90 percent of the people posting on here went to clay county and around 80 percent of that 90 want the program to fail.
That might be the most true statement I've seen so far. We love seeing people fail here in Clay. As some people said earlier, the head man dont matter in this situation without the support from top to bottom, winning won't come until that happens.
StormTrooper Wrote:Anyone got any new names or information? I think it was me that said "can't base anything on exp or wins and losses." Base it on who fits the best and what they will do for how long. Robert Marcum had no exp, He's now top 3 coach in the 13th. As long as you have a love for the community, half way decent head on your shoulders, and know a little about football you will exceed expectations and do just fine at clay county. The talent is there and has been for sometime. But that's just the opinion of someone that doesn't matter and this is why the sup makes the big bucks! Regardless of who gets it our community needs to grow up and quit whining and hoping the coach fails. 90 percent of the people posting on here went to clay county and around 80 percent of that 90 want the program to fail.

sorry ST I don't agree what you are saying about what a head coach needs. You better get someone that knows more than a little about football. It don't work that way it aint little league football a little knowledge will get you beat!!!!! I am not mad or anything at you but I am just saying with your quote it sounds like you have someone in mind that is from clay. again I am not trying to start a war with you I am just telling you that is how it sounds from the outside looking in. you need a BALL coach not a players, parent, adminstraters friend!!! that is only fair for the kids, they deserve someone that is going to push them and has lots of knowledge about the game. I am not saying bring someone in there that is the Grinch but being a head coach not a fanny patter or beauty contestant that is going to smile and tell the kids how great they are. And really and truly what you want if you care about Clay co. football is a guy that in 2 or 3 years other schools are going to try and get him. if he does a good job you better hope that happens because if you have someone that nobody wants you are back at square 1. Now I know some of you have said get someone that is going to stay forever but the reality of coaching today is coaching is not like 40 years ago when I was in high school and the head football coach was there for 30 years it just don't happen anymore anywhere you go. And I have talked over the years to head coaches that went back home to coach and they say it was a big mistake because everybody still looks at you like you are 16. sorry fellars I just got on a roll.:flame:
Preach It Eagle. Its time to come together as one.
no one in particular, i think any of the the top 3 or 4 would do fine if givin the keys to the car and good asst coaches. That being said it would be nice to have a coach for more than 3 years and the kids be familiar with a man from grade school up. I cant say i agree with you about wanting a coach to leave after 2 or 3 years. Thats kinda what the problem has been with clay county football over the past 7 years.
i am not saying you WANT a coach to leave in 3 or 4 years I am saying you better hope you get a guy that in 2 or 3 years you are going to have to give him a little more to stay there cause other schools want him and he is doing a great job. heres the bottom line Mississippi state is a good football job and let me underline good but if Florida had offered Dan Mullin the job he would have gone. I guess what I am trying to say is get the best coach you can no matter how long he is there and let him do good things and if he leaves the program will look very attractive to another good coach because of the success of the program.
hey look at Michigan a once proud football program that is awful because they WANTED A MICHIGAN MAN!!! well a Michigan man a killed the program and they fired rich rod after 3 year because he wasn't a Michigan man and now he is probable one of the top 3 coaches in the country.
Brady didn't win, neither did Rich Rod, maybe it's just hard to win at Michigan right now regardless of the coach? Both won at other places.
Heard Jeff Norman from Perry Central applied for the job.
Brady did win his first year with rich rods players and after a couple of years there is Michigan.
Jim Black would be a good hire... Just don't over schedule himself..
well boys when are they meeting about a coach or have they already done it
Met and heard it's down to 2. They will interview more but both are not from here I've heard.
Never know bout this place so eyes roll will be accepted
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Jim Black would be a good hire... Just don't over schedule himself..
No one again from your area or not Black wiill be accepted lol. I think u know who should be coach and find him some deputies
when did they meet
This evening I think
The Eagle has landed Wrote:when did they meet

Think you gotta chance?.....JK
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next