•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
DC Turner has officially thrown his hat in the ring.
You are kidding aren't you??
TrueTigerfan Wrote:You are kidding aren't you??

No sir.
Tigercreek Wrote:Now you did not hear that. He don't qualify because of experience:HitWall:

I really did hear this, the guy that told me seems to be pretty sure, so who knows.
Heck there are 3 or 4 applicants far worse the the referee formerly know as DC.
Who is DC Turner? Where does he coach?
He don't coach another one that didn't play I don't know what these people are thinking they wasted their time filling out the paper work. No chance
Kind of an inside thing, so to speak. That's a nice way of putting it.
Looks like there are two or three guys on here that dont have 3 years coaching experience combined. I've never seen another coaching job where so many guys that don't coach have applied, or maybe these names are just some inside jokes going on with you guys from clay.
Where else can you have no experience and get hired? Nowhere but good ole Clay. If the committee really has 25-40, depending on who you ask, and they are entertaining every applicant they are wasting their time. We are a month into a search that should have taken a week.
I'm guessing most of everything posted on here is false and being propagated by individuals who just want the gossip monster to keep chomping aka jilted staff. I guess some folks with no business doing so have applied; nobody can control that aspect. When it's all said and done Clay will have a good coach, and it'll more than likely be someone that's never been mentioned on here. I believe if it was a rigged deal the trigger would have already been pulled, and the cat would have been long let out of the bag. The time the administration is exerting alone tells me the administrators are looking for the best coach they can afford, of course this is all speculation on my part.
What factors would make an established coach want to come settle in the thriving metropolis of Manchester, Ky.? I just don't see an established head coach with great success wanting to come to manchester to raise his family, It is the worst county in the entire nation according to the NY Times. My guess is it will be a local guy or a guy that will come in for a year or two and be done and move on then you're back in the same situation. I remember last time the guys at clay pulled the trigger on a coach there were guys with state titles as assistants and winning records that didn't even get a call for interview, the local guy with no experience won out, what makes it any different this time? The most that any school district can afford is a classified and certified contract, if that isnt enough to get a decent coach then you are setting yourself up for trouble with that individual, granted there will be districts that give in to some coaches and award them titles to do nothing during the school day, but those are the exception and with the way schools are pressured now, those days are going to come to an end. A lot of coaches like to make alot of money and do a little work. It is still going to be interesting to see how it works out for you guys.
Have some good applications and I think this hire will be done right. It has to be out of county hire and I hope it's a younger guy who can relate to the kids these days and that his staff is all new as well. Job has to be posted so many days for interviews start right?
Job has to be posted 30 days. They can interview within the 30 days but can't announce it till the 30 is over.
They will probably wait till the 30 days is over and then interview the candidates. For those wanting to know, I think the 30 days are up December 14.
Tigercreek Wrote:Have some good applications and I think this hire will be done right. It has to be out of county hire and I hope it's a younger guy who can relate to the kids these days and that his staff is all new as well. Job has to be posted so many days for interviews start right?

I don't see where a completely new staff will come from. There's no way they give 4 or 5 assistants teaching positions. I could be wrong on this, but I highly doubt it. Could be some new guys as paraprofessionals, but where will they come from?
Oldtiger Wrote:I'm guessing most of everything posted on here is false and being propagated by individuals who just want the gossip monster to keep chomping aka jilted staff. I guess some folks with no business doing so have applied; nobody can control that aspect. When it's all said and done Clay will have a good coach, and it'll more than likely be someone that's never been mentioned on here. I believe if it was a rigged deal the trigger would have already been pulled, and the cat would have been long let out of the bag. The time the administration is exerting alone tells me the administrators are looking for the best coach they can afford, of course this is all speculation on my part.

No gossip from me guys. I talked to DC today and he did in fact turn his application in. I also talked to two committee members today, if there is an application that stands out at this time, they haven't seen it. I believe we will get the best we can get, I just don't think it will be what a lot of you are dreaming of. Like it or not, DarthVader makes some VERY valid points.
For a classified spot they could hire without waiting thirty days coaching jobs don't require that time window.
Darth Vadar first off what is wrong with a coach making as much money as he can. Do business men make the most they can, do company owners? What is wrong with a man wanting to make money for his family? Just because a man goes into to coaching doesn't mean he is not entitled to make lots of money. And there are a lot of places in the south were the head ball coach (and in the south that is the football coach NOT the bball coach) makes 6 digits and doesn't teach any classes and if you don't believe it do some research on high school football coaches in the south. So just to clear that up. Clay Co. can get a very good coach, they have very good athletes and some tradition so no need to dog Manchester out. And if you want a quality coach in a lot of places in parts of our state where it isnt a big population (ie a city like Lexington, BG or Gtown) you are going to have to pay them to come there.
DarthVader Wrote:For a classified spot they could hire without waiting thirty days coaching jobs don't require that time window.

That is correct. The teaching position is separate.
And if you think a coach that is going to do a good job is not earning every bit of his money you have NO IDEA about what a head football coach does!!!!!!
Hey Now....We gots Beer stores and were getting a Taco Bell . Manchester is on its way to the top baby....Don't under estimate the power of such fine eateries.....
Oldtiger Wrote:Hey Now....We gots Beer stores and were getting a Taco Bell . Manchester is on its way to the top baby....Don't under estimate the power of such fine eateries.....

Moving on up! :Thumbs:
Oldtiger Wrote:Hey Now....We gots Beer stores and were getting a Taco Bell . Manchester is on its way to the top baby....Don't under estimate the power of such fine eateries.....

That's certainly a gamechanger...
Tacos and beer all in one stop. I think a good coach has to take that into consideration
Tigercreek Wrote:Tacos and beer all in one stop. I think a good coach has to take that into consideration

Heck didn't know Manchester had changed so much. I just may apply myself!!!Confusedhh:Confusedhh:

:Thumbs:
I may as well apply. I've been to some college football games at UK so I'm just as inexperienced as a lot of the applicants!
I think those applications you speak of Im am told have been recycled and are scheduled for a softer use in the future.
Any names of potential coaches that were in town today? TMZ or anybody
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next