•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Clay Coach?
former Wrote:Names I heard from people at Clay that I see or talk to from work.

David Mitchell
Bert Brown
Greg Duncum
Randy Frazier
Mike Whitaker
Russ Sheare

Greg is one name I know for a fact you can take off the list. He won't go to Clay he has his eyes set on the Lynn camp job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
redstone1127 Wrote:David Mitchell is one heck of a coach. Kids love him. Look at his playoff record at Lynn Camp and talk to opposing coaches about dealing with his teams. There are not a lot of coaches with his experience and ability. He knows how to deal with all aspects of the position and how to win games. With the potential at Clay he would be successful and it wouldn't take forever to see results.

How old is Dave Mitchell? is he interested in coaching for several more years?
Cellking Wrote:Christian Co. was always a contender when Mike was there. He built Powell Co's program into a winner and won 1st ever Play-off game at Powell Co. Letcher was pretty much a bust. Webster Co. where he is now has never had a Football Program. Mike is from Leslie and would probably love to move close to Home.

What was his record at Corbin?
Whitaker had a chance to stay close to home back when he was at Leslie, as much as he's been around I am not sure he is tied down to Leslie County or is wanting to return closer, was kind of disappointing in the way LCC fell off the map after he took over just from an outside perspective.
If you turn Duncan or Frasier down because they want move to Manchester, you deserve exactly what you got.
[quote=pjdoug]What was his record at Corbin?[/QUeat

1998, Won District and was 8-3. Lost to Bell and Middlesboro in regular season. Beat Somerset, Wayne and Rock. Beat Montgomery Co. in Rec. Bowl.
Kids love to play for Mitchell. Drive from Knox County is very short. Guy loves football and kids. Maybe he has learned what a forward pass is in his last couple of coaching stints. Lynn Camp was terrible before him and have slid back to those ways without him.
Cellking Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]What was his record at Corbin?[/QUeat

1998, Won District and was 8-3. Lost to Bell and Middlesboro in regular season. Beat Somerset, Wayne and Rock. Beat Montgomery Co. in Rec. Bowl.
that was his only season there wasn't it? time flies . it sure doesn't seem that long ago.
Mitchell could car pool with the super.
walterwhite Wrote:Mitchell could car pool with the super.

:Thumbs:
Even Better they could get rent an apartment and save all that gas money:rockon:

Seriously ... I hope the administration is as serious about this hire as they say they are...I just don't know how committed to the program a coach could be if he's not willing to go all in and move to Tiger Country...Rumor has it a sweet little package has been put together....
TheTigersEye Wrote:Whitaker had a chance to stay close to home back when he was at Leslie, as much as he's been around I am not sure he is tied down to Leslie County or is wanting to return closer, was kind of disappointing in the way LCC fell off the map after he took over just from an outside perspective.

Mike was 7-14 in 2 years at lcc
Paul Rains the next year went 2-9 at lcc
Mike Halcomb the following year 4-7 at lcc
so the 2 years following Mike at lcc was 6-16
pjdoug Wrote:What was his record at Corbin?

Leslie County-41-18
Corbin 29-16 (5-6, 11-1, 6-5, 8-3)
Christian Co 48-25 (had won 2 games the previous 2 seasons)
LCC 7-14
cherokee Wrote:Leslie County-41-18
Corbin 29-16 (5-6, 11-1, 6-5, 8-3)
Christian Co 48-25 (had won 2 games the previous 2 seasons)
LCC 7-14

I didnt realize he coached there that long. pretty impressive overall record.
Heard from a very reliable source Lyle Bergman a very successful coach from out of state has applied and is front runner. Very impressive credentials if true.
No that's false and your source is false is messing with you
You are just playing as we all know. Really you are interested
:igiveup:
Tigercreek Wrote:You are just playing as we all know. Really you are interested

I hope wiz ain't your new coach.
pjdoug Wrote:I hope wiz ain't your new coach.

If was you'd be my special teams asst. To the coordinator I d wins a state title in my first year.:thanks:

Let's go Lyle Bergman :truestory:
I think he just called you special, PJ.

:redboxer:
AJ is special!
wiznut Wrote:If was you'd be my special teams asst. To the coordinator I d wins a state title in my first year.:thanks:

Let's go Lyle Bergman :truestory:

of course.
mayfield_9 Wrote:I think he just called you special, PJ.

:redboxer:

and it wasn't a compliment :biggrin:
Lyle Bergman....I've heard everything, yes even Bob Keith.... and I've not heard that...Where's he currently?
insideinfo Wrote:If you turn Duncan or Frasier down because they want move to Manchester, you deserve exactly what you got.

If Duncan or Frasier don't get the job because they won't live in the same community as the players and their families, they get exactly what they deserve. JMO.
Oldtiger Wrote:Lyle Bergman....I've heard everything, yes even Bob Keith.... and I've not heard that...Where's he currently?

Soon old tiger everyone will hear of and know the name Coach Lyle Bergman . Don't spoil the suspense. :happytear:
I have heard Juan Reyez is applying as well.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:If Duncan or Frasier don't get the job because they won't live in the same community as the players and their families, they get exactly what they deserve. JMO.

They will get jobs , in three years you will hiring another coach if your not careful.
Middlesboro and NL were both hiring other coaches within 4 years after hiring those guys. If those guys arent willing to be part of the community how long are they actually planning on staying and how important is the community to them.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next