Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Veterans Day
Happy Veterans Day to all the veterans out there including BGR' S own RoShamBo, Vundy and any other veteran on here.
Happy Veteran's Day! Thank you all for your service!
You beat me to this thread Westside!! I'm so glad you did, too.

Thank you to all the vets on BGR and everywhere for that matter, for their service and dedication.

There are too many to remember and I would hate to leave anyone out, but RoShamBo, vundy33, Pirate1991. Demarcus Ware,
TigerBlue's father....just to name a few.

Special shout out to MY vet....we took a trip to Cumberland Falls yesterday. I've never seen a more perfect day.

God bless America!!!!!

Confusedalute:
[quote=Granny Bear]You beat me to this thread Westside!! I'm so glad you did, too.

Thank you to all the vets on BGR and everywhere for that matter, for their service and dedication.

There are too many to remember and I would hate to leave anyone out, but RoShamBo, vundy33, Pirate1991. Demarcus Ware,
TigerBlue's father....just to name a few.

Special shout out to MY vet....we took a trip to Cumberland Falls yesterday. I've never seen a more perfect day.

God bless America!!!!!

Happy Veterans day to you too Demarcus, and Pirate1991 and any other Veterans on here. I hope you all have a great day.
A huge thank you to all the Vets and our current soldiers in country and on active duty and to our POW-MIA and KIA that made the ultimate sacrifice and all the families. Today is a very special day for this United States.
There is simply no way to put words to the number of ways explaining the debt of gratitude, thankfulness many of us have towards those who have served..........BUT I'll try! :biggrin:

I grew up appreciating the concepts of sacrifice, hard work, adapt & overcome mindset of those who serve/d.

My Dad was stationed at Cherry Point, NC with the USMC and was a Flight Trainer specializing in Nuclear Armament. We knew at an early stage in our friendship he was not long for this world based on his sacrifice. I tell you that to tell you this. Thank you for the lessons of serving a team, sacrifice, loyalty, family, execution of a plan, work ethic, accountability, and SELFLESSNESS!

Your efforts and sacrifice are honored nationwide, worldwide in many homes on this day. Because very simply without many of your efforts many of us wouldn't be here, would speak a different language, assimilated into ___________. You get the idea.

We live in a challenging time. Although when haven't we? God bless the United States Armed Forces past, present, and future. And by all means realize folks pray for, lift up, and donate to causes that support all of you on a weekly basis.

I think I can speak for many folks here on bgr when I simply say thank you for enabling freedom, perseverance, and sacrifice. It's up to citizens to honor, respect, and share that concept with others. It was an honor sharing that with bluegrass rivals this morning. Confusedalute:

My flags are flying in my neck of the woods. The most important thing I did today was honoring and lifting up all of you. Happy Veterans Day folks...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:There is simply no way to put words to the number of ways explaining the debt of gratitude, thankfulness many of us have towards those who have served..........BUT I'll try! :biggrin:

I grew up appreciating the concepts of sacrifice, hard work, adapt & overcome mindset of those who serve/d.

My Dad was stationed at Cherry Point, NC with the USMC and was a Flight Trainer specializing in Nuclear Armament. We knew at an early stage in our friendship he was not long for this world based on his sacrifice. I tell you that to tell you this. Thank you for the lessons of serving a team, sacrifice, loyalty, family, execution of a plan, work ethic, accountability, and SELFLESSNESS!
Your efforts and sacrifice are honored nationwide, worldwide in many homes on this day. Because very simply without many of your efforts many of us wouldn't be here, would speak a different language, assimilated into ___________. You get the idea.

We live in a challenging time. Although when haven't we? God bless the United States Armed Forces past, present, and future. And by all means realize folks pray for, lift up, and donate to causes that support all of you on a weekly basis.

I think I can speak for many folks here on bgr when I simply say thank you for enabling freedom, perseverance, and sacrifice. It's up to citizens to honor, respect, and share that concept with others. It was an honor sharing that with bluegrass rivals this morning. Confusedalute:

My flags are flying in my neck of the woods. The most important thing I did today was honoring and lifting up all of you. Happy Veterans Day folks...

Beautifully said, Spirit100....deserved repeating!
From a vet to everyone on BGR thank you for your support. Serving our country was not a privilege or job but a honor.

To all of those who came before us thank you and to all who will follow in our footsteps thank you as well.

Least us not forget::
All gave some
And some gave all!! Confusedalute:

Also remember our fallen hero's today!

In the words of Lee Greenwood:
I'm proud to be an American!![YOUTUBE="God bless the USA"]Q65KZIqay4E[/YOUTUBE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Thanks to all who has put on the uniform and to those putting it on today. Words can't express how thankful all of us are for all of you! Happy Veteran's Day!
A day to remember the lost men and women that make this land the best in the world, thank you for you sacrifices and your service and to your families. God bless our veterans and our active service men and women Confusedalute:
Amen!!

Thank you Veterans, for your service and loyalty!
God bless those who came before us, and with us now, and those who have yet to serve - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
Thank you...

Thank you all...

I Thank every branch of the US Armed Services...

Thank you to all those families who are and have supported those "taking the battle to our countries enemies!"

God Bless You men and women who have and are serving our Great country. Perspetive folks...this is still very much the home of the free, brave, and blessed standing watch and protecting a lot of entitled horses butts.

Let's say we honor those who have served by holding ourselves and others more accountable, consensus building, and taking better care of our families, schools, health! And by all means putting this PC crap to rest and quickly calling bs on those folks who simply keep taking and give nothing in return...

Again, God love you and yours vets!

My family and I are grateful....we love you all and lift you up in prayer consistently throughout the year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thanks to all that served and sacrificed for our country...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you to the past, present, and future Veterans who serve this great country.

Words can not say how much I appreciate your service and bravery.
Thank you veterans. Confusedalute:
I know this will not pertain to all but it does to me , the history channel has a all day night Vietnam in HD chronical tonight. It's a great lesson in what some of our Vets endured during that time. I hope you guys can watch it, especially Granny and her Vet hero husband. I love you guys, tell him 1at Air Cav family does too and always had his back
I caught this piece on CBS Morning News yesterday. Certainly worth the watch.

So this former Navy Seal will complete a 2350 mile swim of the Mississippi River in early December to honor the families of fallen service men/women.

He swims 6-8 hours a day/ 6 days a week while meeting with families each day over the course of his journey.

This guy is friggin' spectacular...Thank you Chris Ring!!! :Thumbs:

Check it out folks:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-veteran...en-heroes/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
:why:
Spirit100 Wrote:I caught this piece on CBS Morning News yesterday. Certainly worth the watch.

So this former Navy Seal will complete a 2350 mile swim of the Mississippi River in early December to honor the families of fallen service men/women.

He swims 6-8 hours a day/ 6 days a week while meeting with families each day over the course of his journey.

This guy is friggin' spectacular...Thank you Chris Ring!!! :Thumbs:

Check it out folks:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-veteran...en-heroes/

That's pretty awesome Spirit ! Thanks for sharing man
Every post in this thread is deserving of 3 likes...I'll just save some time in going to every post and just declare my three likes for each statement in this thread.
TigerBlues Wrote:I know this will not pertain to all but it does to me , the history channel has a all day night Vietnam in HD chronical tonight. It's a great lesson in what some of our Vets endured during that time. I hope you guys can watch it, especially Granny and her Vet hero husband. I love you guys, tell him 1at Air Cav family does too and always had his back

Thanks TigerBlues!! I appreciate your gratitude, but he can't watch those documentaries. I know you will understand.