Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville at Pikeville 2nd round
Let's get it going. Not going to troll any more or even argue with anyone about my opinion. I don't think anyone in 1A is going to come into Pikeville and win, period. I think any team that comes in is going to be shocked at how good Pikeville is. Paintsville already knows it and is going to get another dose. Raceland and Williamsburg have a combined total of zero wins on Pikeville's field and this isn't the best time to get their first one. My opionion is just that and we will see......:Cheerlead
I agree with you in that nobody is going to beat Pikeville at Pikeville. However, I am very anxious to see the turnaround Paintsville has had since that game, and this game should bring them full circle in regards to their improvement over this year. It should give them a good gauge as to where they are going into next season. I think Pikeville still wins by two+ scores.
^ What about Hazard jet?? LoL
My 1A sleeper team in the east Painstville....Time to wake-up. Confusederiously:
bac2369 Wrote:^ What about Hazard jet?? LoL

Hazard has come into Pikeville the last 2 years and got drilled.
baseball1974 Wrote:I agree with you in that nobody is going to beat Pikeville at Pikeville. However, I am very anxious to see the turnaround Paintsville has had since that game, and this game should bring them full circle in regards to their improvement over this year. It should give them a good gauge as to where they are going into next season. I think Pikeville still wins by two+ scores.

You are always very level-headed and reasonable on here 74 so I will tell you what I have said all along. 2015 will be Paintsville's shot when they have home field advantage. But as the year progresses I don't see them getting it done next year either. Not going to make a prediction on the score of this game Friday but Pikeville will shred and demolish the Paintsville D.
Pikeville will roll in this contest. Im not sure anyone in 1A can beat Pikeville, I know Mayfield is great but Pikeville is not too shabby. Ill calling it - Pikeville Panthers 2014 State Champs
Pirate4Life Wrote:Pikeville will roll in this contest. Im not sure anyone in 1A can beat Pikeville, I know Mayfield is great but Pikeville is not too shabby. Ill calling it - Pikeville Panthers 2014 State Champs

Sure hope your right Pirate4life. This is our best shot in yrs. Sure would like to see Pikeville, Belfry, Pburg, and Johnson Central in BG.
Pirate4Life Wrote:Pikeville will roll in this contest. Im not sure anyone in 1A can beat Pikeville, I know Mayfield is great but Pikeville is not too shabby. Ill calling it - Pikeville Panthers 2014 State Champs

I predicted before the season started that Pike County would have two state football championship teams....

1A - Pikeville
3A - Belfry
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Guys, how about let's focus on this game first? Paintsville. Handle the business, young Panthers.
It will be Raceland and the Pikeville putty tats in round 3.
PHSForever Wrote:Guys, how about let's focus on this game first? Paintsville. Handle the business, young Panthers.

Who's not focused? Always agree with you, but nobody's overlooking Paintsville. Goal is Bowling Green, has been all year. Got to take care of business every week though or it's over. Go Panthers.:popcorn:
My 1-A sleeper in the east is Williamsburg. They're peaking at the right time, and have played a VERY tough schedule all season long. They've played this kind of schedule with a running clock on almost every opponent.:worthy:
:biggrin:
Pikeville rolls

55-6
Pikeville is good. But now that there homeboy refs will not be there. Hard to say lol !!!
Pikeville big, but not as big as the first game. Maybe 47-21, as the Panthers sub early to avoid injuries..
Pikeville running clock early 3rd period.
jetpilot Wrote:Who's not focused? Always agree with you, but nobody's overlooking Paintsville. Goal is Bowling Green, has been all year. Got to take care of business every week though or it's over. Go Panthers.:popcorn:
I understand. I was just trying to head off the chorus of boo birds or trolls who would accuse us of overlooking Paintsville. Lol
pork Wrote:Pikeville is good. But now that there homeboy refs will not be there. Hard to say lol !!!
We don't need "homeboy refs". Very rarely does anyone complain about the officiating costing them games at Pikeville. And the ones who do, usually are the ones who complain EVERY loss is due to refs, at Pikeville or anywhere else. Move along, little piggy.
Is Pikeville's AD still the one who assigns the refs? Or, is that handled by the KHSAA for playoff games?
Paintsville will not have the errant snap issues that delayed the start of every offensive play. This should allow the Tiger offense to at least stay on the field longer to slow down the Panther assault somewhat. But, I have no miraculous expectations either. Pikeville is just flat out good in every aspect of the game. I'll still be pulling for the Tigers though.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Is Pikeville's AD still the one who assigns the refs? Or, is that handled by the KHSAA for playoff games?
I really don't know. And the AD you are referring to is no longer a Pikeville employee. He retired. I don't think the current AD is doing the assigning.
Not much different from the last game they played. Pikeville has a really good team and can shut down the running game. Would like to see Paintsville win but this is just not their year.
PHSForever Wrote:I really don't know. And the AD you are referring to is no longer a Pikeville employee. He retired. I don't think the current AD is doing the assigning.

I believe he is thinking about and referring to Robert Staggs, not Garris. I'm sure there is some type of mix up on his end between the AD of the high school and college.
I think the score will be a little closer in the end than the game actually will be. Pikeville will win and the Tigers will score a time or two late to make it respectable. Look for the Panthers to pull the starters in the mid-third or 4th to rest up for Raceland. Nice season by the Tigers.
Serious question, I know region 4 winner would be the home team in semis, and host the region 3 winner. If we do get to see pikeville, and Williamsburg which team would be home, as I'm not familiar with which team is in which region.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Serious question, I know region 4 winner would be the home team in semis, and host the region 3 winner. If we do get to see pikeville, and Williamsburg which team would be home, as I'm not familiar with which team is in which region.
Pikeville would be home.
region 3 hosts. no matter who comes out of each region.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:region 3 hosts. no matter who comes out of each region.

Region 4 hosts. (Pikeville, Raceland, Paintsville, Fairview.)
I'm picking the team from the 'ville