Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WWE Network... who has it & is it worth the money?
Who has the WWE Network?

&

Is it worth the money?

I mainly want it for the old PPV's.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
It's worth it, especially if you're an older fan of wrestling.
I like it..........it has all the old nitro's ....all the old wcw pay per views......all the clash of champions......For 9.99 it is a good deal.
I just got an email the other day saying that there is no 6-month commitment anymore.

If you watch a couple PPVs a year it's worth it.
I love it, and I don't even dig a whole lot into the older stuff. Occasionally watch an old match or two, but mostly just the PPVs.
Can you watch the network on the computer ?
The WWE Network is awesome!!!

I got it this morning.
I was going to sign-up when it was announced for free, but decided not to. As for all the old stuff, it's all on Youtube. I have a connected TV and I will either pull old wrestling (more than just the WWE catalog), or will watch the WWE's Youtube channel, which in many cases is just as good as the network.

So, for me, a diehard, it was not worth it.
Better be careful and check your bank statements if you use your debit card.
Stardust Wrote:I was going to sign-up when it was announced for free, but decided not to. As for all the old stuff, it's all on Youtube. I have a connected TV and I will either pull old wrestling (more than just the WWE catalog), or will watch the WWE's Youtube channel, which in many cases is just as good as the network.

The network still has some pretty good original programming that you can't get online or from anywhere else.

The ECW thing the other night with Heyman and Styles was pretty good - but in my opinion WWE Network still isn't everything that it COULD be.

A lot of their "original" programming is interviews and videos that have been pulled from prior originals.

The Monday Night Wars thing they've been doing (although what all is left to tell about it at this point?) has been phenomenal.

But the ability to watch an entire episode of Monday Nitro digitally remastered vs watching a portion of it that was pulled from someone's old VHS tape and uploaded to youtube is definitely an upgrade. Is it a 9.99/month, upgrade? Probably not, but to someone who never had the chance to watch all the PPVs they wanted to in the past because of the price. I have no issue with giving them my money.

But the free trial until the end of the month and a free PPV is a good way to check it out, Dusty.
Plus, you get to check out NXT which is absolutely spectacular!
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Plus, you get to check out NXT which is absolutely spectacular!

I would absolutely pay 9.99 a month to watch the monthly PPV and NXT every Sunday.
zaga_fan Wrote:I just got an email the other day saying that there is no 6-month commitment anymore.

If you watch a couple PPVs a year it's worth it.

unless you had already signed up for it. I signed up for the automatic renewal and they renewed mine last week for 6 more months. and without a doubt it is worth it. With the original shows such as monday night wars and wwe countdown, the beyond the ring series which shows the documentary part of many of the wwe dvds, all the classic ppvs and to top it off the WWE NXT shows and specials (which imo are the best wrestling shows going right now). it is without a doubt worth it.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I would absolutely pay 9.99 a month to watch the monthly PPV and NXT every Sunday.

nxt is on thursdays, soon to be moved to wednesdays. not sundays
Stardust Wrote:I was going to sign-up when it was announced for free, but decided not to. As for all the old stuff, it's all on Youtube. I have a connected TV and I will either pull old wrestling (more than just the WWE catalog), or will watch the WWE's Youtube channel, which in many cases is just as good as the network.

Stardust if you want to give it a look i am willing to send you my log in info and let you give it a try, like netflix more then one person can watch on the same account at the same time.
dore20 Wrote:Stardust if you want to give it a look i am willing to send you my log in info and let you give it a try, like netflix more then one person can watch on the same account at the same time.

Don't do it!!!!!

You will have the entire Dusty Rhodes collection saved on your Favorites tab.
^ lol
I would like to see the Smokey Mountain Wrestling video collection and the other territories that that WWE bought the rights to on the WWE Network.

We watch the WWE Network more than we watch regular TV. My wife loves ECW... one minute she is covering her eyes, the next she is wanting to see somebody go through another table.
If you missed the Austin-McMahon podcast interview, you need to go watch.
Belfry0304 Wrote:If you missed the Austin-McMahon podcast interview, you need to go watch.

It was very interesting - Austin held no punches and McMahon was great!
I forgot about the 1997 Halloween Havoc... The WCW version of a "cell" was Hogan vs. Piper.

But the best part was when the fan climbs the cage at the end.... Hogan and Savage beat that guy to death.

WCW had a lot of fans get in the ring area during events.
It's okay. I really have to be interested in the current product to go and watch the network. It's hard to go back and watch some of those old ppvs... lot of matches that are really boring.
Dr. Huxtable Wrote:It's okay. I really have to be interested in the current product to go and watch the network. It's hard to go back and watch some of those old ppvs... lot of matches that are really boring.

Mine has a "Skip Chapter" button...... just saying.