Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular pot smokers have shrunken brains, study says
The jury is still out on whether low IQs make chronic marijuana use more likely or marijuana makes smokers more stupid - but their is a link between smaller brains and marijuana.

Quote:[URL="http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-regular-marijuana-shrinks-brain-20141110-story.html"]Regular pot smokers have shrunken brains, study says

Experimental mice have been telling us this for years, but pot-smoking humans didn't want to believe it could happen to them: Compared with a person who never smoked marijuana, someone who uses marijuana regularly has, on average, less gray matter in his orbital frontal cortex, a region that is a key node in the brain's reward, motivation, decision-making and addictive behaviors network.

More ambiguously, in regular pot smokers, that region is better connected than it is in non-users: the flow of signal traffic is speedier to other parts of that motivation and decision-making network, including across the superhighway of "white matter" that connects the brain's hemispheres.

The researchers who conducted the study speculate that the orbital frontal cortex's greater level of "connectedness"--which is especially pronounced in people who started smoking pot early in life--may be the brain's way of compensating for the region's under-performing gray matter. Whether these "complex neuroadaptive processes" reverse themselves when marijuana use stops is an important unanswered question, they added.[/URL]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The jury is still out on whether low IQs make chronic marijuana use more likely or marijuana makes smokers more stupid - but their is a link between smaller brains and marijuana.

This explains a lot when one considers marijuana abuse has the support of the Harvard types who occupy high bureaucratic posts in government. And is obviously why legalized recreational use of pot is accepted and pushed legislatively from the top down among their ranks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:This explains a lot when one considers marijuana abuse has the support of the Harvard types who occupy high bureaucratic posts in government. And is obviously why legalized recreational use of pot is accepted and pushed legislatively from the top down among their ranks.

Yes it does!
:pondering:
Was Obama not a pot smoker? Did TRV not say he was a regular smoker?
Now some of the stuff he puts on here makes a little more sense!Confusednicker:
And this is from the scientists who he loves to quote and say he will take their word for it!
Do-double-gg Wrote:Yes it does!
And this is from the scientists who he loves to quote and say he will take their word for it!
No, he didn't say that.:gtfo: You are a typical republican, you make shit up, and other republicans believe it.
Since most marijuana smokers vote for Democrats, I would assume that the smaller brain theory is correct.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Yes it does!

TheRealVille Wrote:No, he didn't say that.:gtfo: You are a typical republican, you make shit up, and other republicans believe it.

Oh yes you did. In fact, you've extolled the virtues of pot smoking, and how it has no affect on those who smoke it on multiple occasions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I believe TRV is doing what he does best.........
Do-double-gg's post isn't specific as to WHAT was being smoked.... Did TRV not say he was a regular smoker?

I distinctly remember him saying that he was a regular POT smoker........
It's only a matter of time before marijuana legalization is the norm in this country. I know a lot of people with high paying jobs from different backgrounds that are both liberal/conservative that smoke regularly. Reduces the burden of prisons/jails and increases tax revenue as well. People are going to do it regardless. The government may as well be the one overseeing it. But it should remain up the states like it currently does. In this case Kentucky will be one of the last to do so.
Granny Bear Wrote:I believe TRV is doing what he does best.........
Do-double-gg's post isn't specific as to WHAT was being smoked.... Did TRV not say he was a regular smoker?

I distinctly remember him saying that he was a regular POT smoker........
No, I didn't say that I was a regular smoker. I have said I smoke some when I'm off work for any longer period of time. I have said that I have smoked a lot in my lifetime, but I didn't say I was a regular smoker. I haven't smoked a joint in 2 years. Do-double-gg didn't have to specify what I was smoking, it's a thread about pot. I haven't smoked tobacco in 13 years.
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh yes you did. In fact, you've extolled the virtues of pot smoking, and how it has no affect on those who smoke it on multiple occasions.
Again, I didn't say I was a regular smoker. I said I have smoked a lot in my lifetime, but I haven't said I'm a regular smoker. Like I told granny, I haven't smoked a joint in 2 years. I only smoke when I'm off work for longer periods of time.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:It's only a matter of time before marijuana legalization is the norm in this country. I know a lot of people with high paying jobs from different backgrounds that are both liberal/conservative that smoke regularly. Reduces the burden of prisons/jails and increases tax revenue as well. People are going to do it regardless. The government may as well be the one overseeing it. But it should remain up the states like it currently does. In this case Kentucky will be one of the last to do so.
I wouldn't be so sure about Kentucky. Pot is already our biggest cash crop, and KY medical THC oil is already legal for kids with seizures. I could see the legislators of KY cashing in on something that is already widely known to be grown here.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The jury is still out on whether low IQs make chronic marijuana use more likely or marijuana makes smokers more stupid - but their is a link between smaller brains and marijuana.

The group that conducted this study probably went to a democratic fundraiser to gather their samples for this project.
WideRight05 Wrote:The group that conducted this study probably went to a democratic fundraiser to gather their samples for this project.
Based on the current administration, I think that it is safe to say that brain damage caused by heavy marijuana use is irreversible - assuming that Obama and his minions ever kicked the habit.
Lets be honest here.
If pot becomes legal all over the country, KY will be the richest state in the union.

Ive always heard KY pot is the best. Ive never touched a drug in my life, true story, but from what I understand, even scientist claim that none other than Clay County is the best spot in the US to grow pot.

A NY times article recently called Clay County the worst county to live in inside the US.
They would go from last to first Confusednicker:

I do however ask that if pot does become legal, its taxed at a ridiculous rate. At least double that of tobacco.

See liberals, this is called compromise. Keep your gays out of my state and ill let you smoke pot.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Based on the current administration, I think that it is safe to say that brain damage caused by heavy marijuana use is irreversible - assuming that Obama and his minions ever kicked the habit.

Maybe drug testing at polling stations isn't a bad ideal.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Maybe drug testing at polling stations isn't a bad ideal.
Maybe the exit polls could include the question, "Have you smoked marijuana within the past 24 hours?"

It would be interesting to see how big of a majority of people who were high on election day voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. The election of President Obama to two terms is one of the strongest arguments against legalizing marijuana. :biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets be honest here.
If pot becomes legal all over the country, KY will be the richest state in the union.

Ive always heard KY pot is the best. Ive never touched a drug in my life, true story, but from what I understand, even scientist claim that none other than Clay County is the best spot in the US to grow pot.

A NY times article recently called Clay County the worst county to live in inside the US.
They would go from last to first Confusednicker:

I do however ask that if pot does become legal, its taxed at a ridiculous rate. At least double that of tobacco.

See liberals, this is called compromise. Keep your gays out of my state and ill let you smoke pot.
It should be taxed exactly like alcohol. Like former drinkers and smokers fight against the "evil" that had them I am wondering if you are fighting so hard against gay people because you are afraid of some underlying fight going on in your head?
^^^
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
TheRealVille Wrote:It should be taxed exactly like alcohol. Like former drinkers and smokers fight against the "evil" that had them I am wondering if you are fighting so hard against gay people because you are afraid of some underlying fight going on in your head?

If they have a right to Sodom I have a right to bigotry.
You better hop SCOTUS doesn't uphold the bans. They gay movement will be just another after thought.
I'm willing to compromise unlike obama. I give you pot. You keep the gays in california.
So now a study reports that regular pot smokers have shrunken brains......that explains a lot.