Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khsaa
"I have been with the KHSAA for 31 years and I will do what I want to do. I told you, I don't answer to anyone!"-Julian Tackett

Is this really what the KHSAA is designed to do?
What's the point of having a Board of Control?

Thanks Mr. Tackett for clearing that up for us and telling us how you really feel :igiveup:
When and where did he say this?

In what context?
The KHSAA is a joke!!! That sound like something the KHSAA would say.
I will tell you where he said it. It was said in the appeals hearing on the 12th. Here is the context it was used this is nearly word for word. Cordia's lawyer was grilling him and he was furious Julian quoted" I have been a part of this organization for 31 years and I will do what I want to do. Cordia's lawyer then asked him so all these bylaws and rules in your handbook don't mean anything to you? And he replied again I told you I will do what I want to do." this is what kind of a P.O.S that is running the KHSAA. The entire testimony is long nearly12 hours and too long to list on here, but I will tell you other than an assistant coach coaching without his safety class and Rhodes was late from oct 15 until nov 15 until it was completed that is really all they can prove. I can even tell you even the khsaa witness helped cordia in his testimony and it was an assistant coach for perry co central. I know a lot of people on here at puch mouthed at cordia but the fact is this investigation is a joke it is really weak. I know people will say oh they have found them guilty of 17 violations when in fact it is equavilent a police office in the movie judge dredd. They are the judge,jury,and executioner. There is nothing fair about it. This board of control it more than likely just a puppet for the commishner that is why if the BOC doesn't reinstate them the case cordia has presented is excellent a NUETRAL judge of competent jurisdiction ( Franklin circuit) will see it different. It was plain to see in this appeals hearing that this is personal for Julian Tackett.
Buford T Justice is absolutely correct and that attitude didn't begin with Tackett. The last realtively unbiased commissioner at the KHSAA was Louis Stout. DeVries was a female Tackett. Those working under both Tackett and formerly DeVries are and were equally arrogant as a whole Several I could name are both arrogant and dumb.

Schools are not treated equally. Look at the appeals results and you will see that similar cases receive different decisions- depending on the school "on trial" and the complaining school. Cordia and other similar schools with no political clout or "good old boy" status don't have a chance. They have lost before they ever arrive on Executive Drive. I could post volumes more by anyone reading this post gets my point.

What gives me the right and knowledge to make this post? I have represented schools and individuals before the KHSAA on many many occasions- from the hearing officer to the commissioner to the often abominable board of control. Believe me, I know.

As George Orwell wrote in his classic, Animal Farm, "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others". And that, my friends, sums up the philosophy of the KHSAA. I know.
it should be personal to tackett, they have cheated their ass off and then rubbed tacketts nose in it severaql times. I would be pissed too
Here we go again. Wow, how many times do I have to explain to people - the KHSAA has ZERO control of your sports. Let me repeat, the KHSAA dictates NOTHING.

Geeze, every 6 months, we get the bashers that jump all over the KHSAA like it is truly some ruling body. No people, the KHSAA is set-up EXACTLY like the NCAA, MLB, NFL, NBA, US Olympic Committee, blah, blah blah.

These organizations have been established by the TEAMS (Schools in this case) themselves.

Who does Julian Tackett answer to? Not you! Not your son or daughter! Not the Sponsors! And not damnsure not themselves. Who do they answer to? Who employ's them? Who dictates to them the rules that they communicate to the Public? Who? YOUR SCHOOL! Julian Tackett does not make one single decision - Your Athletic Director or your Superintendent makes the decision! There are committees for every aspect of High School sports. Who sits on those committees and decides the fate of little Johnny's football district - YOUR ATHLETIC DIRECTOR!

LOL, we do this so often, I can't believe that anyone still believes that all these organizations are true ruling bodies. No, they are truly a facade. You sure as hell do not want to here that the Athletic Director from your rival school was on the District Alignment committee when they just voted to change the student threshold dropping his school from 5A to 3A, and you to 6A! But don't worry, in two years, it may be your schools turn in the rotation to do the same!

To actually think that appeals are decided on by some foreign committee is ridiculous! If you do not like the decision made about a transfer, then call up your damn Athletic Director, because I guarantee you he knows about it, and just might have voted on it himself. Stop holding Santa Claus, the Bunny Rabbit, and Batman accountable, if you have a gripe, make sure YOUR school answers to YOU!

Because I am a coach, I do sit down with my ADand find out what is happening in the state! There should never be any surprises to you if you sit down and talk to someone from your school. Because trust me, they CAN know if they choose to. And if they tell you that they don'tor they were surprised on something, then they are telling you a bareface LIE!

Sorry people, the KHSAA holds no more authority and decision making than Deputy Dog!
ky playmaker Wrote:it should be personal to tackett, they have cheated their ass off and then rubbed tacketts nose in it severaql times. I would be pissed too

And your post is based on what direct personal knowledge? Or are you just a partisan with an ax to grind?
Stardust Wrote:Here we go again. Wow, how many times do I have to explain to people - the KHSAA has ZERO control of your sports. Let me repeat, the KHSAA dictates NOTHING.

Geeze, every 6 months, we get the bashers that jump all over the KHSAA like it is truly some ruling body. No people, the KHSAA is set-up EXACTLY like the NCAA, MLB, NFL, NBA, US Olympic Committee, blah, blah blah.

These organizations have been established by the TEAMS (Schools in this case) themselves.

Who does Julian Tackett answer to? Not you! Not your son or daughter! Not the Sponsors! And not damnsure not themselves. Who do they answer to? Who employ's them? Who dictates to them the rules that they communicate to the Public? Who? YOUR SCHOOL! Julian Tackett does not make one single decision - Your Athletic Director or your Superintendent makes the decision! There are committees for every aspect of High School sports. Who sits on those committees and decides the fate of little Johnny's football district - YOUR ATHLETIC DIRECTOR!

LOL, we do this so often, I can't believe that anyone still believes that all these organizations are true ruling bodies. No, they are truly a facade. You sure as hell do not want to here that the Athletic Director from your rival school was on the District Alignment committee when they just voted to change the student threshold dropping his school from 5A to 3A, and you to 6A! But don't worry, in two years, it may be your schools turn in the rotation to do the same!

To actually think that appeals are decided on by some foreign committee is ridiculous! If you do not like the decision made about a transfer, then call up your damn Athletic Director, because I guarantee you he knows about it, and just might have voted on it himself. Stop holding Santa Claus, the Bunny Rabbit, and Batman accountable, if you have a gripe, make sure YOUR school answers to YOU!

Because I am a coach, I do sit down with my ADand find out what is happening in the state! There should never be any surprises to you if you sit down and talk to someone from your school. Because trust me, they CAN know if they choose to. And if they tell you that they don'tor they were surprised on something, then they are telling you a bareface LIE!

Sorry people, the KHSAA holds no more authority and decision making than Deputy Dog!

Your post is misleading.

Maybe I should paraphrase Orwell and say that all athletic directors are equal but, in the eyes of the KHSAA, some are more equal than others.

To say that all schools and all ADs receive the same consideration from KHSAA is ridiculous. And, when an athlete or a school is punished, the decision is made by KHSAA employees and not by a poll of ADs and Superintendents.
It is amazing that the moving back and forth from private schools and large metropolitan schools is ignored but the KHSAA jumps on small rural schools to flex their muscles.
E's Army Wrote:It is amazing that the moving back and forth from private schools and large metropolitan schools is ignored but the KHSAA jumps on small rural schools to flex their muscles.

You might want to check the "policy" of KHSAA concerning publics like Scott County and Ashland. If you check it out, you just might broaden your horizons beyond those nasty privates.
Scott County and Ashland have been exempt from the rules a long time. Ashland wrote the book on transfers 75 years ago. Scott County has mastered the art.
E's Army Wrote:Scott County and Ashland have been exempt from the rules a long time. Ashland wrote the book on transfers 75 years ago. Scott County has mastered the art.

I can tell you that Ashland has had several transfers dating back to the 60's and 70's and as far as I know there was no outright recruiting going on. They were all legit transfers.
Buford T Justice Wrote:I will tell you where he said it. It was said in the appeals hearing on the 12th. Here is the context it was used this is nearly word for word. Cordia's lawyer was grilling him and he was furious Julian quoted" I have been a part of this organization for 31 years and I will do what I want to do. Cordia's lawyer then asked him so all these bylaws and rules in your handbook don't mean anything to you? And he replied again I told you I will do what I want to do." this is what kind of a P.O.S that is running the KHSAA. The entire testimony is long nearly12 hours and too long to list on here, but I will tell you other than an assistant coach coaching without his safety class and Rhodes was late from oct 15 until nov 15 until it was completed that is really all they can prove. I can even tell you even the khsaa witness helped cordia in his testimony and it was an assistant coach for perry co central. I know a lot of people on here at puch mouthed at cordia but the fact is this investigation is a joke it is really weak. I know people will say oh they have found them guilty of 17 violations when in fact it is equavilent a police office in the movie judge dredd. They are the judge,jury,and executioner. There is nothing fair about it. This board of control it more than likely just a puppet for the commishner that is why if the BOC doesn't reinstate them the case cordia has presented is excellent a NUETRAL judge of competent jurisdiction ( Franklin circuit) will see it different. It was plain to see in this appeals hearing that this is personal for Julian Tackett.

Made me think of A Few Good Men. I guess we just can't handle the truth. Thanks to the great Comish for shielding us from it.

What a shame.
baseball1974 Wrote:I can tell you that Ashland has had several transfers dating back to the 60's and 70's and as far as I know there was no outright recruiting going on. They were all legit transfers.

Is the source of your information Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or just Ashland partisans? Anyone, other than Ashland partisans, can quote you chapter and verse concerning the exploits of Ashland in the field of "matriculations". Greenbacks are rarely a drawback and the most recent "benefactor" was associated with your local hospital and involved an apartment near your tennis courts. Ring a bell?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Your post is misleading.

Maybe I should paraphrase Orwell and say that all athletic directors are equal but, in the eyes of the KHSAA, some are more equal than others.

To say that all schools and all ADs receive the same consideration from KHSAA is ridiculous. And, when an athlete or a school is punished, the decision is made by KHSAA employees and not by a poll of ADs and Superintendents.

Harry, I know full well what goes on 2280 Executive Dr, Lexington KY. I know fora fact that disciplinary actions are BOARD actions, and the board is made up of school officials. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "some are more equal than others". It is a rotation system, and every school has the chance to participate at some point, and no school is given appointments based on who they are. Again, I may be misunderstanding your point, but I have knowledge of the process. I also have an AD who is very upfront with the staff. I also know that we abstains most of the time, which is NOT GOOD, but hey, it's not possible to participate in every action. He has an appointment coming up, and he may well pass it on to the next school's associate designee.
Stardust you can't be serious if you think that the khsaa is a fair and un bias organization. Nothing they do is fair. They are one of the most corrupt organizations since the Chicago P.D. During the 1920's. They are inconsistent in their rulings that is why a judge will overrule their decision 90% of the time. The khsaa is a joke and the sooner everyone realizes it and stands up to them the better off everyone will be.
Julian Tackett looks like JOBA the HUT...that's what I want the face of KY sports to look like. You all wanted to say it...BUT I JUST DID.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Julian Tackett looks like JOBA the HUT...that's what I want the face of KY sports to look like. You all wanted to say it...BUT I JUST DID.

Name calling is.....not very mature.

I will say I have discussed this more than once though. Mr. Tackett is the face of our athletic organization, he does not represent one of the reason for athletics very well though.
Cordia decided to take recruiting to the extreme, pulling basically a brand new team from other states and countries each season in public view of the entire world. The KHSAA rightfully decided to make an example of them. It's like speeding on the interstate: everybody may exceed the limit by 5 or 10 mph and the cops turn a blind eye, but when you go zooming down the road doing 120 in a 55 in broad daylight, eventually somebody's gonna have to do something to stop the nonsense. Had Cordia gotten one player here or there from a neighboring county, probably nobody would care much. Finding whole new teams based on having Brandon Bender reel in his AAU connections across the globe is a different animal altogether. If you want to be a prep school, go be a prep school and play a prep school schedule.
13th region