Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quinton Baker(Ashland) Commits to UK
Congratulations:Thumbs:

https://twitter.com/Qbaker5/status/526183551654699008
:rockon::Thumbs::popcorn: just saw it on Twitter few minutes ago. Congrats and good luck to him. He will be a lot of fun to watch!!!
Congratulations. Kentucky is going to be loaded with running backs.
I am excited for Baker......

This to me, is a good sign for the UK football program. Being able to keep Kentucky talent in Kentucky.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Congrats!!!
Keeping the best Kentucky high school players in the state..... and being 2nd behind Ohio State in recruiting Ohio high school players is paying off.

Stoops has a STRONG Ohio and Florida pipeline. Not too mention the Kentucky players UK is reeling in.

Arliss Beech... now Quinton Baker. UK loves the running back's whose last name starts with a B from Ashland Blazer.
For those of you that have seen him play a few times in person, how good is he? Can he be better than Arliss Beach?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:For those of you that have seen him play a few times in person, how good is he? Can he be better than Arliss Beach?

I watched him last night Ashland got Spanked again by JC. JJ Jude was a lot better Jude and Baker were pretty equal in Football Speed but Baker is not even close to JJ in strength and power! I liked Beach a lot better too. I hope he proves me wrong and turns into Barry Sanders! I also think Stoops and his staff would of offered JJ Jude
I don't think we will know how good Baker can be till he get's a real good O line in front of him.
Congrats to Quinton. Glad to have him in blue.
honestjchsfan Wrote:I watched him last night Ashland got Spanked again by JC. JJ Jude was a lot better Jude and Baker were pretty equal in Football Speed but Baker is not even close to JJ in strength and power! I liked Beach a lot better too. I hope he proves me wrong and turns into Barry Sanders! I also think Stoops and his staff would of offered JJ Jude

That was the first thought that came to my mind....It's not even close.

But anyways, congratulations to him. From all accounts, I hear he is a fine young man.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't think we will know how good Baker can be till he get's a real good O line in front of him.
It was what JJ did after he got through the line that made him special, IMO..
Baker will own every record at Ashland if he stays healthy and too be honest our OL last year was bad but this year is worse. I think Baker is better then Beach but its hard to see it because of the awful line play. Get him at UK with some blocking and use him correctly, he will have a good career.
T-CATS Wrote:Baker will own every record at Ashland if he stays healthy and too be honest our OL last year was bad but this year is worse. I think Baker is better then Beach but its hard to see it because of the awful line play. Get him at UK with some blocking and use him correctly, he will have a good career.

Don't think he is anywhere close to Beach regardless of Ashland's line play...It doesn't appear that it takes much at all to bring him down. This is the SEC he's going to (commonly referred to as the toughest conference in the country), BTW. That is the major reason why I say that he is no where even remotely close to being the back that JJ Jude was, let alone Arlis Beach...For a little guy, Jude punished people, and didn't go down easy at all...Are you even old enough to remember seeing Beach playing in high school? You're making me wonder about that.
Bob Seger Wrote:Don't think he is anywhere close to Beach regardless of Ashland's line play...It doesn't appear that it takes much at all to bring him down. This is the SEC he's going to, (commonly referred to as the toughest conference in the country) BTW. That is the major reason why I say that he is no where even remotely close to being the back that JJ Jude was, let alone Arlis Beach...For a little guy, Jude punished people, and didn't go down easy at all...Are you old enough to remember seeing Beach playing in high school? You're making me wonder about that now.

Both times I have seen Baker play, he always went down at first contact. I am not impressed with Baker. Hope does well, I don't think he will see much playing time at UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Baker is far more skilled than Jude ever was.

I don't think he is an SEC runningback though. He has great quickness and ball skills. I see him used as a receiver similar to Timmons in the air raid.
I don't want this to end up being a pissin' match between Jude and Baker, congratulations to the young man on his commitment. However, there is still a long time between now and signing day 2016. I have seen Baker play only a hand full of times, and he does have speed but he was bottled up for 20 yards on Friday night. I do realize that their line may be down so I think it's a gamble on UK's part, judging potential, upswing, and plus his dad was a UK player too. Makes a great story. I do think though, at UK, he will have to switch positions. If Damien Harris commits, depending on the health of his knee, could possibly redshirt. Then they will both be freshman and Harris will have a year experience on Baker. It's a tough sell for me, but either way this young man has made his decision and for that I congratulate him. Best of luck to him the rest of the season.
Samiam Wrote:Baker is far more skilled than Jude ever was.

I don't know about that. I remember seeing JJ run through Lamar Dawson and Boyle Co back in 2010 and later rushed for 430+ against Cov Cath. Not saying Baker doesn't have skill, but I haven't seen your comparison in the games I've watched except for Boyd Co.
No way Jude is faster.
Bob Seger Wrote:Don't think he is anywhere close to Beach regardless of Ashland's line play...It doesn't appear that it takes much at all to bring him down. This is the SEC he's going to (commonly referred to as the toughest conference in the country), BTW. That is the major reason why I say that he is no where even remotely close to being the back that JJ Jude was, let alone Arlis Beach...For a little guy, Jude punished people, and didn't go down easy at all...Are you even old enough to remember seeing Beach playing in high school? You're making me wonder about that.

Where is Jude?
Congratulations to Quinton Baker. GoBig Blue!
pjdoug Wrote:where is jude?

eku
Pulp Fiction Wrote:eku

Why didn't he go to UK?
pjdoug Wrote:Why didn't he go to UK?

UK come in late, EKU, Marshall and several others had been after him since the end of his sophomore season. Immediate playing time was a given at EKU and UK's program was in shambles behind probably one of the most idiotic coaches in history.
Baker is in the mode of a Reggie Bush type back. Looking to bounce it outside and run away from you. Has great hands can catch the ball out of the backfield or split him out at wr or the slot. Kid runs better then a 4.4 so he is a homerun hitter. Get him in space let him go to work. Kid can play ball. Wouldn't be shocked to see him play Special teams punt returner or Corner on D.
I've seen both play and I will give Jude the edge. I believe Quinton wanted to go where his dad went and to him that was more important than playing time.
I think most Kentucky kids would choose UK over EKU if they had the choice.
T-CATS Wrote:Baker is in the mode of a Reggie Bush type back. Looking to bounce it outside and run away from you. Has great hands can catch the ball out of the backfield or split him out at wr or the slot. Kid runs better then a 4.4 so he is a homerun hitter. Get him in space let him go to work. Kid can play ball. Wouldn't be shocked to see him play Special teams punt returner or Corner on D.

You never did say if you saw Arlis Beach play in high school or not...Of course he is a 4.4, isn't everybody? And of course they can all throw 90 MPH too.....lol

But anyways, it has no bearing at all what any of us think...I'm glad for him that he is getting the chance to go play where is dad did...That in its self is an incredible thing for him. A couple of years in the weight room can do wonders, I'm sure...I have always heard of what a fantastic kid he is and I hope he has a great career there. It would be nice to see a Kentucky boy do well at UK and in the SEC.
Emmit Brown Wrote:I don't know about that. I remember seeing JJ run through Lamar Dawson and Boyle Co back in 2010 and later rushed for 430+ against Cov Cath. Not saying Baker doesn't have skill, but I haven't seen your comparison in the games I've watched except for Boyd Co.

Run through Lamar Dawson and Boyle Co? Wasn't the final of that game 49-7 BC?
LClion4life Wrote:Run through Lamar Dawson and Boyle Co? Wasn't the final of that game 49-7 BC?

JJ was a Soph. in 2009 when the scord was 7-49.
In 2010, the score was 29-36.

Boyle County went 15-0 in 2010 in class 4A.