Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT talks to Alice Whitaker about Cordia situation
LOTTS CREEK, Ky (WYMT) - Earlier this week the KHSAA Board of Control held a hearing, allowing Corida High School to appeal the sanctions placed on its boys basketball program.

Included in reports surrounding the allegations is the Lotts Creek Community School, which owns the building Cordia High School uses. Lotts Creek Community School Director Alice Whitaker says her organization has done nothing wrong when it comes to Cordia and its boys basketball program...

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...ml?refresh
The link has the video of the interview.

Some good stuff and she seems very confident that they will play basketball this year.
Love this!! Go Alice, a very nice and great women. She has done a lot for me and others, and I personally can't thank her enough
I'm telling you... I think they rule in Cordia's favor on the 12th.

After reading the Lexington Herald article and understanding a little better the relationship between Cordia and LCCS... I don't know that they can rule against them.

I think, as Alice eluded to, the KHSAA may add a bylaw to manage what LCCS and similar organizations can do.
I hope you're right, I want to see my school play.
I want back on the bandwagon even tho I never jump off. I want them back also..64SUR :Cheerlead
I've been asking about this lately.
Craziness.
If lotts creek is just trying to help these poor children then why did cordia hire coaches and assist coaches that had the means to bring these kids in. It all stinks and to rub khssa nose in it was just stupid. To me the defense is stupid and is nothing more then what happens on the aau circuit everyday. I hope they drop the hammer and I wish they would on the others doing it on a smaller scale too. Its hard to catch them red handed is the problem. The coaches that have been doing it for a long time are not stupid and know how to not get caught. Is it right, no I do not know the answer. coaches, players, parents and at some schools administrators at this point feel if they dont cheat steal lie they get left behind sad
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm telling you... I think they rule in Cordia's favor on the 12th.

After reading the Lexington Herald article and understanding a little better the relationship between Cordia and LCCS... I don't know that they can rule against them.

I think, as Alice eluded to, the KHSAA may add a bylaw to manage what LCCS and similar organizations can do.

I thought Cordia signed up to follow KHSAA rules, not the other way around.
HDE Wrote:I thought Cordia signed up to follow KHSAA rules, not the other way around.

Per the kentucky.com article...
Cordia's lawyers are saying that dorms and financial assistance are available to students at Cordia who aren't athletes... I know that to be true.

I know a guy at my church that Alice Whitaker helped get through med school.

I was one of Cordia's biggest critics on here and I still say that Rod is in this for reasons other than "changing young mens' lives"...
But when all is said and done I think they play basketball this year and next year there is a rule in place to prevent this unique situation from becoming less unique across the state
Let them play.
I enjoy watching Rod try to coach.
Question .... which organization is the bigger joke, the KHSAA or the NCAA?
ah boys...
Some of you have really drank the kool aid. They committed violation after violation and you wanna see em play? Explain that
KHSAA has been able to prove absolutely nothing. They are just bullying the small country school.
15thRegionIdol Wrote:Some of you have really drank the kool aid. They committed violation after violation and you wanna see em play? Explain that

I would guess you're a JC fan?
I think that Rhodes is a snake, he's got Alice fooled and that Cordia has been turned into a circus...

but that being said - it looks like Rhodes knew the loopholes going into this.
So what your saying is if hazard or knott or perry gave financial support to all kids then it's ok to recruit. I know for a fact that cordia payed these players and they might get away with it
I think the khsaa by laws says a student athlete can't accept those perks. And these other schools have resource centers which helps kids so is that a loophole for them to pay players
I agree Zaga but I also think someone else is guiding Rhodes. He does not seem that smart to me.
Count Wrote:I agree Zaga but I also think someone else is guiding Rhodes. He does not seem that smart to me.
Looking at your past posts, you are the one who does not seem that smart!
zaga_fan Wrote:I think that Rhodes is a snake, he's got Alice fooled and that Cordia has been turned into a circus...

Snake is a little harsh.
hitter Wrote:So what your saying is if hazard or knott or perry gave financial support to all kids then it's ok to recruit. I know for a fact that cordia payed these players and they might get away with it

I'm saying that if a kid at Perry got clothes and housing assistance from a separate organization, like what Lotts Creek Community School does for Cordia, that Perry County could also win an appeal when the KHSAA lays down the hammer.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm just calling it like I see it. Lotts Creek Community School leases that property to Knott County Schools, but they are not a part of the school system. It's just a special situation they've got going on there and the KHSAA will have to adjust their bylaws if they want to shut this activity down.
Who are they gonna play? Schedules would have already been finalized by now. Have they already scheduled games with teams in hopes they get to play?
Easy Wind Wrote:Looking at your past posts, you are the one who does not seem that smart!

I have to disagree with you. I finished tops in my 4th grade class three years in a row.
Easy Wind Wrote:Snake is a little harsh.

Snake can be a compliment depending on how you want to look at it TongueirateSho

I think there are a lot of snakes in 14th Region Basketball
I don't know if Cordia plays or not.
But they have more recruits this year.
There is a new freshman there, and he's a bad dude.
I guess we will see what happens.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think that Rhodes is a snake, he's got Alice fooled and that Cordia has been turned into a circus...

Agreed by many.
You know, for the first time, I've decided to keep my opinion to myself here. Smile
I know what I'd do if I were coaching in the 14th...I wouldn't schedule them and let them use some of Alice's money to travel the state to play.