Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Region 15 predictions
What are your predictions for the 15th this season?

Magoffin will make a strong run, they have a lot of talent and are coached well. JC may be down a little, a big loss for them at SS, but again well coached and always strong. What about LC? Are they returning a strong team?
East Ridge has lost several starters in the last two years, can they rebuild?

Who are your sleepers?

Pikeville didn't fair well in the tournament last year but had a very young team. This year they are older and have a new head coach.
If Johnson Central gets pitching, it's theirs to lose. The experience from last year plus a step up in scheduling this season will pay huge dividends come tourney time. Magoffin looks to be second going into the season.
The girl who pitche for johnson central against Ashland in the state tournament last year was a freshman. So she is a sophomore currently. Had the homer run by Fairchild not been overturned the lady eagles would have won that game. Bu LC, Magoffin, Paintsville, Pikeville and JC are all potential winners. East ridge is well coached so you can't count them out either.
1. JC. Lost Williamson and Hall. Both were really good players and had alot to do with Central's success,but they return a very talented team. Pierce will do a good job in the circle and they will be just fine.

2. Magoffin. Scaggs will be the best pitcher in the region. They return a very good squad so look for them to have a good shot at it.

3.LC. They lost Fitzpatrick and Horn. Both pitched and had good sticks. Both will be hard to replace but I'm sure they will get it figured out. They have a good freshman pitcher that may have a good year. Should be strong on defense.

Until someone beats these 3 I think this is how it looks. Just my opinion.
Who is the new coach at pikeville?
Shelby Valley returned every starter. Could be the front runner on their district this year.
Gator95 Wrote:Shelby Valley returned every starter. Could be the front runner on their district this year.

Every starter from a 5-30 team? Hope they improved their games in the off season.
With the departure of Coach McCoy has Magoffin named a coach yet?
well coached and always strong. What about LC? Are they returning a strong team?
East Ridge has lost several starters in the last two years, can they rebuild?
- See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...php?t=1826
Not sure about East Ridge. The more I think of this season I think Pikeville has a chance to be a good team.Don't overlook them.who's the new coach at Pikeville? They had a young squad last year And if they have worked in the off season they will be better. LC will be solid. They always seem to be. Not sure how much losing two pitchers will hurt them.
truerank- Has 1. Johnson Central - 2. Magoffin County - 3. East Ridge
Never underestimate the Morgan's at East Ridge. Jill Morgan is one of the winningest coaches in the state, they'll be ready to play. Should be a top 5 team in the 15th!
TPS Wrote:With the departure of Coach McCoy has Magoffin named a coach yet?

Tony Skaggs is the coach...
I know Estill County is playing Magoffin County and East Ridge this season but I wish they'd play more 15th region teams...Maybe Johnson Central, Paintsville, Sheldon Clark among some others...
1. JCHS
2. Magoffin Co

3-5 ( could end up any order) Lawrence Co, Pikeville, East Ridge
Wish came true...Estill will play Johnson Central over at Harrison County on May 17
Looks to be wide open after this start!
JC-Pikeville-LC.............the three to battle it out for a region crown
Lawrence has already won games against Pikeville, Magoffin and Shelby Valley. They like to say they play 35 scrimmage games to get ready for the season. They are very good very early.
LC and Pikeville sitting on top right now. LC beat the Panthers but Pikeville gave up 6 easy ones in the first and held LC to 1 run for 6 innings. JCHS will get better they are coached well.
Magoffin is struggling. Pikeville's pitcher was perfect thru 3 and didn't give up a hit until the 5th against Magoffin

Right now it has to be between LC and Pikeville. Should be a good season.
Ok, it's close to district time. Looks to me that JC is the team to beat! Thoughts?
I've said it all year, Johnson Central.