Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone give a hoot about volleyball?
We are at the end of Districts, about to start Regionals, yet no posts about Volleyball for 3 weeks? Does anyone outside of Louisville area even care? Or is everyone just waiting for the season to end and basketball to begin? Is anyone still going to the games or is it complete apathy towards volleyball?
After watching some of the districts earlier in the week, not surprised at the apathy. The officials that do these games are borderline criminal in some of the calls that are made, it is sad, that either they are that bad, or their intentions are too degrade these kids to the point of tears. Watched them laugh at kids when asking about calls and try to bait players, coaches, and fans into confrontations, which they know they can get away with.
Well I know that as a coach, I try to post my scores but the lack of response left me asking "why bother?" around the end of the season. Sheldon Clark had more success than it has in years but it's something nobody cares to talk about. Teams that are regional contenders have a hard time getting fans to show and if I had more than Parents and Boyfriends at my games on a given night, I would consider it a success. We hosted the 57th district tournament and maybe saw a $500 gate (both nights) before paying the refs.
Gotta hurry home and flop in front of the TV and complain that there's nothing to do. A whole lot better than going to watch a game or two with teams that have worked hard since July.
Nah its pretty obvious people at least in SE KY don't care about volleyball. Even the good programs have low turnouts.
They need to do what soccer does. Semi state!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Plenty of people care about it, problem is, many of them support schools that just don't support them, so it's hard to rally up support beyond just the parents of the players.
Why was the regular season started the way it was with a two week delay?
Wished there was more support and in reality,there should be.A lot of great student athletes in volleyball. Other states volleyball and certain sports bring them out left and right,but not in Kentucky for some reason....
Yes,Volleyball is a fun sport to watch. I really enjoy it
Is volleyball played elsewhere in the state besides Louisville and NKY?Confusednicker:
You're right. It's disheartening to players who love the game when people of authority just laugh in their face. Unfortunately I foresee the same things coming up in basketball.
The only way volleyball would be entertaining is three classes. It is a joke with the current set up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]