• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Final 4
It's still early for this but who's your final 4 remaining teams still playing on thanksgiving? As well give your reasons why?
Mayfield @ Beechwood
Williamsburg @ Pikeville

This could be subject to change if Frankfort can pull off the upset of Beechwood and if Hazard can stay with the running game and take control against the burg.
I really hate to start this thread this warly but it gives something to look for since most districts are watered down and present no challenge to some teams.
Williamsburg Raceland
Not sure Beechwood
Mayfield vs Beechwood==mayfield
Williamsburg vs Pikeville==Williamsburg

Mayfield vs Williamsburg=== Williamsburg I'm pretty sure this time.....Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:Mayfield vs Beechwood==mayfield
Williamsburg vs Pikeville==Williamsburg

Mayfield vs Williamsburg=== Williamsburg I'm pretty sure this time.....Confusederiously:

You were pretty sure last year too? :flush:
mayfield_9 Wrote:You were pretty sure last year too? :flush:

Feel lucky I pick mayfield over beechwood. :partyhard
Should I pick some teams? Confusednicker:
Mayfield is the only lock for the Final 4 in class A
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How will Russellville match up with Mayfield? Beechwood appears to be ahead of Frankfort but Frankfort has the skill people to pull this one out. Williamsburg at Hazard will be a very good game. Raceland is good but Pikeville appears to be the team to beat in that region. Is there anybody outside these 8 teams who has potential to pull the big upset. Williamsburg and Hazard could change if either team suffers a significant injury. Nobody else in that region can play with either of those two.
Williamsburg v. Pikeville
Mayfield v. Beechwood

Pikeville v. Beechwood

Williamsburg and Hazard both have weak schedules, and I think Williamsburg should get the respect to be the favorite over them. Beechwood has given up big time yardage on the ground every time they face a team with a tough running back. If they can find a game plan to shut down Pikeville's running game and make them one dimensional then I think beechwood wins. If not pikeville brings a state title home to eastern ky
Beechwood is sunk then they wont be able to handle both our backs who are outstanding. Trajon Bright will light them up if they keu on him Jordan Tyler will then there is always the air game which ever pick your posion:Clap:.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:Beechwood is sunk then they wont be able to handle both our backs who are outstanding. Trajon Bright will light them up if they keu on him Jordan Tyler will then there is always the air game which ever pick your posion:Clap:.

That is very likely to happen
Mayfield/Beechwood
Williamsburg/Pikevillle

Raceland and Hazard have a shot but I dont think they can either one beat Pikeville or Williamsburg. Hazard stands thebest shot at an upset. Neither Raceland or Pikeville has ever been able to win while being the visiting team in their matchups.
I'm glad this thread has picked up. Hazard has already suffered a key injury that has somewhat hindered there team with the loss of Blanton to an ACL tear. Williamsburg I'm sure is pretty healthy as they probably won't have players play past the 3rd quarter. But I agree hazard stands the best chance at beating Williamsburg at home. Hazard has played 2 games this year were the game was pretty much back and forward and the both resulted in a Loss. I think there due for a win in a close game. I also will not bet against hazard in the playoffs because Mark Dixon and company are 22-1 at home and have a 21 game winning streak in the playoffs.
bac2369 Wrote:I'm glad this thread has picked up. Hazard has already suffered a key injury that has somewhat hindered there team with the loss of Blanton to an ACL tear. Williamsburg I'm sure is pretty healthy as they probably won't have players play past the 3rd quarter. But I agree hazard stands the best chance at beating Williamsburg at home. Hazard has played 2 games this year were the game was pretty much back and forward and the both resulted in a Loss. I think there due for a win in a close game. I also will not bet against hazard in the playoffs because Mark Dixon and company are 22-1 at home and have a 21 game winning streak in the playoffs.

You started the thread and have 3 posts in it but haven't given your final 4 yet?:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:You started the thread and have 3 posts in it but haven't given your final 4 yet?:popcorn:

He waiting on somebody to pick hazard. :popcorn:
This tread will go on and on. Could get interesting.
jetpilot Wrote:You started the thread and have 3 posts in it but haven't given your final 4 yet?:popcorn:

I will give mine shortly. I am still pondering on it. But I like reading everyone else's post and there opinions.
Mayfield/Beechwood
Williamsburg/Pikeville

Williamsburg over Beechwood for the championship Smile
Paintsville in OT over Mayfield.
What is it, matchup wise, you all like about Williamsburg over pikeville?
Mayfield>Anybody
Mastadon89 Wrote:What is it, matchup wise, you all like about Williamsburg over pikeville?

Yeah. I'd like to hear that one explained as well.:popcorn:
Mastadon89 Wrote:What is it, matchup wise, you all like about Williamsburg over pikeville?

both are fun to watch, well balanced teams.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Yeah. I'd like to hear that one explained as well.:popcorn:

I'd like to hear what makes Pikeville better than Williamsburg besides the schedules they have played. I'm not putting either team down.just curious where one has advantages over the other.
pjdoug Wrote:I'd like to hear what makes Pikeville better than Williamsburg besides the schedules they have played. I'm not putting either team down.just curious where one has advantages over the other.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the schedule is the main part of it. They were not competitive last year in the state finals and I think their schedule being uncompetitive is partially the reason. Pikeville has seen much better competition and proved themselves every time. Even in the games where they weren't 100% they still found ways to win. If Williamsburg had even just one game like that where Williamsburg beat a good solid team then I think people would be more comfortable picking them? The only team they played that gave them a game was a below .500 Newport team. They may very well win out all the way to the championship but until their schedule gets remarkably tougher, their always going to seem weaker than everyone else that's having a good year.
pjdoug Wrote:I'd like to hear what makes Pikeville better than Williamsburg besides the schedules they have played. I'm not putting either team down.just curious where one has advantages over the other.
More than anything, I think it's the fact Williamsburg hasn't had to prove they can win on the ground if need be. Against arguably their most solid competition (Newport) so far this year, they didn't have anyone crack 100 yards on the ground, were 15-30 with 2 INTs through the air. 30 passes, 24 rush attempts against a fairly weak run D shows over-reliance to most people on the passing game. Big yards, yes, but it doesn't appear to be a ball control passing game reliant upon YAC, it seems to rely on downfield yardage. In the late part of the year when the weather can sometimes tend to be more of a disadvantage against spread teams, people just tend to see strong ground game teams as more dependable. I think that is the biggest reason you see quite a few Pikeville supporters. Massey is a tremendous RB, no doubt. But Griffith is almost dead even with him in rushing yardage on the season.
baseball1974 Wrote:I can't speak for everyone else, but the schedule is the main part of it. They were not competitive last year in the state finals and I think their schedule being uncompetitive is partially the reason. Pikeville has seen much better competition and proved themselves every time. Even in the games where they weren't 100% they still found ways to win. If Williamsburg had even just one game like that where Williamsburg beat a good solid team then I think people would be more comfortable picking them? The only team they played that gave them a game was a below .500 Newport team. They may very well win out all the way to the championship but until their schedule gets remarkably tougher, their always going to seem weaker than everyone else that's having a good year.

I said besides the schedule. Williamsburg may not have been competitive in Bowling Green last year but they were there.I like to see teams play a tough schedule too and I'm not a Williamsburg fan.I just think they are better than some of you know. I've also thought Pikeville would be in the mix since last year.
PHSForever Wrote:More than anything, I think it's the fact Williamsburg hasn't had to prove they can win on the ground if need be. Against arguably their most solid competition (Newport) so far this year, they didn't have anyone crack 100 yards on the ground, were 15-30 with 2 INTs through the air. 30 passes, 24 rush attempts against a fairly weak run D shows over-reliance to most people on the passing game. Big yards, yes, but it doesn't appear to be a ball control passing game reliant upon YAC, it seems to rely on downfield yardage. In the late part of the year when the weather can sometimes tend to be more of a disadvantage against spread teams, people just tend to see strong ground game teams as more dependable. I think that is the biggest reason you see quite a few Pikeville supporters. Massey is a tremendous RB, no doubt. But Griffith is almost dead even with him in rushing yardage on the season.

I cant disagree with that.
  • 1(current)
  • Next