Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 30 Johnson Central 24
Why is it that some of these schools that are "Reigning and Defending" 8th grade champs couldn't win the championship in 7th grade? Food for thought...
Just because you use different colors doesn't help me see it, im color blind folks, lol.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I don't troll. I post my opinion and I post facts. If you don't like my opinion that is fine, I'm not trying to persuade your opinion. And it is a fact that the you two are the only people that have been Wrong in this forum by constantly misquoting me....:gtfo:

This has grown quite tiresome........especially when dealing with someone who doesn't have the "intellectual capacity" to understand common logic.

I'll "coin" your phrasology......:HitWall::HitWall:
plantmanky Wrote:Just because you use different colors doesn't help me see it, im color blind folks, lol.

After being misquoted multiple times I tried breaking it down easy for them so they could coordinate my responses to their statements...
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:This has grown quite tiresome........especially when dealing with someone who doesn't have the "intellectual capacity" to understand common logic.

I'll "coin" your phrasology......:HitWall::HitWall:

I was taught long ago not to argue with idiots.:igiveup:
:popcorn:

This will be real fun of Corbin and Belfry meet in High School state finals.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I was taught long ago not to argue with idiots.:igiveup:

You can call it what you want. Outlaw and I, as well as the person who started this thread, are the ones on here who recognize the fact that Johnson Central won the D1 championship last year. This by definition makes them the defending champions.

You are the only one that refuses to acknowledge basic facts. Instead you choose to use fallacious arguments that have no basis in reason. Reminds me of when I have to argue with my 6-year-old.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Why is it that some of these schools that are "Reigning and Defending" 8th grade champs couldn't win the championship in 7th grade? Food for thought...

Ever considered the possibility that some of them don't field 7th grade teams?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Ever considered the possibility that some of them don't field 7th grade teams?

And which defending champion doesn't field a 7th grade team?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:And which defending champion doesn't field a 7th grade team?

Don't know the answer about "fielding a team".....but certainly not every school signs both their 7th and 8th grade team up for the playoffs.

Some schools decide to participate @ both grade levels. Some decide to participate in one or the other. Some decide not to participate at all.

All you have to do is review the playoff brackets and see that's the case.

Speaking in generalities of course. Not referring to "defending champs"
More Cowbell Wrote:You can call it what you want. Outlaw and I, as well as the person who started this thread, are the ones on here who recognize the fact that Johnson Central won the D1 championship last year. This by definition makes them the defending champions.

You are the only one that refuses to acknowledge basic facts. Instead you choose to use fallacious arguments that have no basis in reason. Reminds me of when I have to argue with my 6-year-old.

I acknowledged that Johnson Central won the championship. I simply stated that the team that lost to Knox Central did not win the championship...
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Don't know the answer about "fielding a team".....but certainly not every school signs both their 7th and 8th grade team up for the playoffs.

Some schools decide to participate @ both grade levels. Some decide to participate in one or the other. Some decide not to participate at all.

All you have to do is review the playoff brackets and see that's the case.

Speaking in generalities of course. Not referring to "defending champs"

I know that in eastern KY, most schools only field a single 7th/8th grade team. That team is the one that would be entered into the 8th grade tournament. Only a few bigger schools with large numbers have the capability to have a separate 7th grade team.

Does Belfry have any 7th graders playing on the team in the 8th grade playoffs right now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I acknowledged that Johnson Central won the championship. I simply stated that the team that lost to Knox Central did not win the championship...

I will acknowledge that probably most of the current J.C. 8th grade team did not participate on the team that won the title in 2013. Although there may have possibly been a handful of talented 7th graders that played "up" last year.

My point is that the program is who wins the title. I'm sure kids on Belfry's 8th grade team recognize that their school is the defending D2 champions, and they don't want to be the group that loses the title to someone else.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I know that in eastern KY, most schools only field a single 7th/8th grade team. That team is the one that would be entered into the 8th grade tournament. Only a few bigger schools with large numbers have the capability to have a separate 7th grade team.

Does Belfry have any 7th graders playing on the team in the 8th grade playoffs right now?

Absolutely. The team is littered with 7th graders....and they had several 7th graders who played last year.
More Cowbell Wrote:I will acknowledge that probably most of the current J.C. 8th graders did not participate on the team that won the title in 2013. Although there may have possibly been a handful of talented 7th graders that played "up" last year.

My point is that the program is who wins the title. I'm sure kids on Belfry's 8th grade team recognize that their school is the defending D2 champions, and they don't want to be the group that loses the title to someone else.

:Thumbs:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Absolutely. The team is littered with 7th graders....and they had several 7th graders who played last year.

I thought so. So this year's team has several players who were on last year's title winning team.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Our 7th grade, especially this season, is more of a JV squad.
Johnson County plays no 7th graders on the 8th grade team.
^ neither does corbin
To each is own. I know several Middle School programs in central Kentucky that dress and play several 7th graders on their 8th grade squad. All depends on talent and depth.
MR. Slate Wrote:Johnson County plays no 7th graders on the 8th grade team.

As one of the largest schools (if not the largest) in eastern KY, Johnson Central can field two separate teams. Most other schools in eastern KY cannot do that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Some of the logic in this thread is like:
[Image: http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/...3-2526.gif]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Some of the logic in this thread is like:

Hopefully you're referring to those comparing middle school football to college and professional football.
More Cowbell Wrote:As one of the largest schools (if not the largest) in eastern KY, Johnson Central can field two separate teams. Most other schools in eastern KY cannot do that.

We are not the biggest school in eastern ky. We are 4a and there are many 5a programs.
We play two separate programs because it keeps more kids involved and our ultimate goal is to send good quality kids to our high school program. We love playing for the KYMSFA state championship, but I would trade both of ours for a KHSAA championship in a heartbeat.
I am super proud of our middle school teams this year and am very proud of our program.
^ We have had several years that 8th grade hasnt had great numbers or there has been great 7th grade athletes that could compete with 8th graders. But, why take away reps from 8th graders that may be needed to contribute at the next level. JC has been one of the best programs since joining KMSFA and it will pay dividends at the next level.
Congrats Knox Central.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Some of the logic in this thread is like:

Agreed, EKU. There have been some odd arguments on here. But what can you do...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MR. Slate Wrote:We are not the biggest school in eastern ky. We are 4a and there are many 5a programs.
We play two separate programs because it keeps more kids involved and our ultimate goal is to send good quality kids to our high school program. We love playing for the KYMSFA state championship, but I would trade both of ours for a KHSAA championship in a heartbeat.
I am super proud of our middle school teams this year and am very proud of our program.

No one is being critical of your program on here. You have every right to be proud of your team, just as I am proud of my son's team as well.

What I said was that JC is one of the biggest schools in eastern KY, which is correct. That size allows you to field 2 separate teams, which is a great way to get more kids playing time.

My point was that due to numbers, most other schools in eastern KY cannot do this. Therefore, they field one single 7th & 8th grade team.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Johnson Central's 7th grade team is still in the playoffs and is playing at 6pm at Letcher Central Saturday. Go Eagles and Go Tigers!
Belfry wins the regional against Bath co 46-0. Advancing to the Championship weekend in Lexington. All these kids are excited to have the chance to "defend the title".