Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiltjer
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...-5-minutes

Who needs defense when you're automatic lol
Holy crap, that's impressive.
Wiltjer is a great and very focused kid. He is coming to his junior season at Gonzaga after taking a redshirt year - and he already has a degree!

I think he will do some big things at Gonzaga. He is a nice fit for Mark Few's system and that extra year to put on some strength will pay big dividends for him.
I'm a hugh Wiltjer fan, he will play in the NBA for ever. It broke my heart, that it did not work out for him at Kentucky.
Wiltjer will lead the nation in 3's. :Cheerlead
Just as I said when Wiltjer was at UK....

Hes a pansy that we don't need or ever needed.
Lol
Well I like Wiltjer. His first year with UK was his best.
Then after that he just made bad in game decisions seemed like.
Like him or not, guy can shoot.
Ballers Wrote:Well I like Wiltjer. His first year with UK was his best.
Then after that he just made bad in game decisions seemed like.
Like him or not, guy can shoot.

You make a good point, a lot of that comes from all the talent they lost from the 2012 team. Wiltjer was often the last guy looked at by the defense when he was on the court. You had to worry about Davis or Jones catching an alley oop or scoring from the inside, you had Lamb to worry about from the perimeter, MKG slashing the lane, and Teague would have stretches where he would score 4-6 points in a row. Wiltjer was often left open on the outside.

It was a different story with the 2013 team. Wiltjer was the only player who was really a threat from outside, and a couple of great games early on led teams to key on him more. He still had good games at times, such as when he scored 20+ against Ole Miss in the first half when we beat them on the road. I think he would have shined with the team last year and with the team this year because there were a lot of guys who could cause problems on the interior. It would have greatly opened up Randle inside.

I hated to see him go, honestly I think the best thing for him would have been to redshirt last year and bulk up in the weight room. He would have been a valuable asset to UK, especially with how ridiculously well he can shoot the 3. He wouldn't have to worry about defenses keying on him so much with guys like Towns, the Harrisons, Poythress, and Cauley-Stein amongst others who wreck havoc on the inside.
I liked the kid also while he was at UK,and I know he can shoot but theres no one in his face and shoots every1 at the top of the key,he didn't move anywhere around the arc,still amazing shooting..
Wiltjer is a very good shooter who was a very nice complimentryplayer at UK. He fit that role great. But he failed to improve his game or physicality from year one to year two. Hopefully he has improved his quickness and improved his skill set in the year he sat out. If so he will be a great fit in Gonzaga's system and have a break out year.
Gets Buckets