3. Clay Co.
4. Harlan Co.
5. Whitley Co.
6. Corbin
7. North Laurel
8. South laurel
9. Knox Central
10. Lynn Camp
I still have clay as my fav if the center dont get in foul trouble. big if though.
south laurel scrimmaged east jess at scott co and won by 2 won first half 31-25 and lost 2nd half 21-17. They should have a better year but still not a contender to the top teams
There is a large gap after the top six. North has closed it a little, but still has a way to go.
insideinfo, you think there is a large gap between north and corbin and whitley? south corbin and whitley? I dont think there is. We will find out soon but I think north will atleast split with those two and south will too. I think those two north and south can compete with this year.
I probably wrong usually am
South looked pretty good beating east jess at scott co sat but looked sloppy tonite losing to casey co by one. won every q but lost the last one to lose by one. Subbed alot in the 4th though but still had to many turnovers and fouled to much. casey shot 29 fts to south 11
There was a big gap last year after the top six. I expect there still to be a significant gap, but I'm curious to see if North and South are ready to compete.
Whitley just reloads they don't have to rebuild. Injuries and coaching may hold them back some. But no one will want to play them come tournament time. If Wilson is 100% for Corbin they will be one of the top 3or 4 teams at the end of the year. IMO
Lynn Camp won last night over Williamsburg 57-21 Lynn Camp look very impressive. Could have been a lot bigger margin.
Did Williamsburg have all their players out or did Lynn Camp play that good?
Not that scrimmages really mean anything but how did bell and north do against Madison Southern. I know they both played southern who is a good team and was wondering how they did?

Corbin will be better than most think, player personnel matches JMacs style which helps out in high school. I wish whitley hadn't been bit by the injury bug again, I would have liked to see them play together this year. When I watched them this summer they had great ball movement and team play. They may still have it but the injuries hurt.
I watched some of north vs madison southern last nite. I left a few min before it was over and north was down. 45-42 or something like that.
I don't mean to answer my own question but I just got a text with some info...
Bell and southern each won a half erasing the score after. Bell won overall though but not sure by the exact amount. Supposedly they the second half didn't look good from either team.
North won by 3 64-61 playing the scrimmage like a regular game. Was told they were improved but had similar problems as last year with defense on the perimeter, foul problems from key players, and a lack of depth.

Playmaker, does south have any players that they didn't last year? I have heard team chemistry is really good for South this preseason?
Has anyone seen or heard about either Harlan or Harlan county scrimmages?
SNOWPIERCER Wrote:Did Williamsburg have all their players out or did Lynn Camp play that good?
I have not seen Williamsburg since last year, but they had a long way to go last year. Hope the new coach can turn things around.
South has same players as last year.
williamsburg had all players...Lynn Camp didnt shoot free throws well should have won by 50
Williamsburg has a long way to go/ Were not good last year and lost several key players to graduation. It will take a couple of years to clean the mess up. Coach Vermillion is working hard but it will be a long hard process.
E's Army Wrote:Williamsburg has a long way to go/ Were not good last year and lost several key players to graduation. It will take a couple of years to clean the mess up. Coach Vermillion is working hard but it will be a long hard process.

:popcorn:
Ive got LYNN CAMP making it to the regional championship
Mcdouble Wrote:Ive got LYNN CAMP making it to the regional championship

Of the all A if they get a good draw.
Lynn Camp vs Bell Co at 6pm tonight followed by the boys game @Lynn Camp
Williamsburg has some nice looking young players, 7th and 8th graders. In a couple years they can be a good High School Team.