Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie Vs. Prestonsburg District Championship 10/24
The past 3 years these 2 teams have been the holder of the district championship tittle. This year they are the top to teams of the district again. With that being said who brings home the trophy this year? Will Leslie tie it up 2-2 or will pburg make it a 3-1 victory. Leslie was picked to finish 4th in their district pre-season. That dive has brought them so far. And they play so good under the radar. And with their D-1 OL/DL Blake Asher controlling the line of scrimmage they beat P-Brug 38-36
I would love to see leslie win.........but....I think i will wake untill next week to pick a winner....Remember i am a homer....win some lose some. Confusednicker:
No offense, because thats my school.

But would a Moderator please remove this thread... Alot of football to be played before discussion onthis can even begin.
Jumping a little bit ahead aren't we? Leslie is yet to play Betsy Layne or Shelby Valley. And no offense, I know Leslie is undefeated but the teams they have played combined only have 4 wins. So I know Leslie is a better team from last year, but to already throw them into the title game? C'mon
I agree this thread needs saved for a few until we know that Leslie County beats Shelby Valley and Betsy Lane.
4ever witness Wrote:The past 3 years these 2 teams have been the holder of the district championship tittle. This year they are the top to teams of the district again. With that being said who brings home the trophy this year? Will Leslie tie it up 2-2 or will pburg make it a 3-1 victory. Leslie was picked to finish 4th in their district pre-season. That dive has brought them so far. And they play so good under the radar. And with their D-1 OL/DL Blake Asher controlling the line of scrimmage they beat P-Brug 38-36

hope the radar is not working at betsy Layne tomorrow night...Confusedtrom:
Leslie has a lot of work to do, this week. Forget anything else. I'm at Herrington Lake and a Eagle flew over just a few minutes ago, may be a sign.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree this thread needs saved for a few until we know that Leslie County beats Shelby Valley and Betsy Lane.

Prestonsburg still has to beat Shelby Valley also.
One game at a time for Prestonsburg. You guys can go ahead and put yourself in the championship game if you want, but we still have to beat Shelby Valley.

Blackcats "fear no one, but respect all".
Exactly.. One game at a time. Leslie is preparing for Betsy Lane.
Prestonsburg by 14+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

PBurg-48
Leslie-20
4ever witness Wrote:The past 3 years these 2 teams have been the holder of the district championship tittle. This year they are the top to teams of the district again. With that being said who brings home the trophy this year? Will Leslie tie it up 2-2 or will pburg make it a 3-1 victory. Leslie was picked to finish 4th in their district pre-season. That dive has brought them so far. And they play so good under the radar. And with their D-1 OL/DL Blake Asher controlling the line of scrimmage they beat P-Brug 38-36

Uhhhh.... Leslie could -still- end up 4th. A loss to Betsy Layne likely means 3rd at best.

:ChairHit:
Lol, is all I have to say to whoever made this thread. Leslie lost last year to the SAME EXACT Shelby valley team that they have now. As far as I'm concerned, Leslie isn't a threat to pburg or valley. If you want the truth. The real district championship will be played tomorrow at tech field at Shelby valley between them and the blackcats. Leslie has played no one credible this year to deserve respect from anyone. They may beat Betsy Layne tomorrow if they are lucky. We all know how hard it is to play at Leslie co. Whoever had played there or watched a district game there, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Calling it now, Leslie gets 3rd in district. You all are more than welcome to come watch the real championship tomorrow.
Gator95 Wrote:Lol, is all I have to say to whoever made this thread. Leslie lost last year to the SAME EXACT Shelby valley team that they have now. As far as I'm concerned, Leslie isn't a threat to pburg or valley. If you want the truth. The real district championship will be played tomorrow at tech field at Shelby valley between them and the blackcats. Leslie has played no one credible this year to deserve respect from anyone. They may beat Betsy Layne tomorrow if they are lucky. We all know how hard it is to play at Leslie co. Whoever had played there or watched a district game there, knows exactly what I'm talking about. Calling it now, Leslie gets 3rd in district. You all are more than welcome to come watch the real championship tomorrow.

Pot, meet kettle.
You have got to be joking with this thread . Not even a district game played and already putting yourself in the championship . LMBO . I'm going to say it now . You can't beat Betsy Layne tomorrow night let alone beat p.burg . And think the only way you beat Shelby Valley is to cheat them out of it over at that zoo you call a football field . Just my opinion !!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Pot, meet kettle.

Jetpilot, I want you to look at Leslie's schedule and look at Shelby valley's schedule. Tell me who has the harder schedule. The teams Leslie have played have won 4 games COMBINED. The teams valley has played- more than 3 of tem have winning records. Including paintsville , who Shelby valley only lost to by 10. With SIX turnovers. Shelby valley should be 6-0. Leslie has had a much easier schedule regardless what you believe. Valley beat this same exact team last year with 3 starters out. Leslie county has not won or competed against a decent team all year.
^Both schedules are creampuff city. Leslie's is a little worse. But for sure we find out if SV is even halfway decent tomorrow night.
jetpilot Wrote:^Both schedules are creampuff city. Leslie's is a little worse. But for sure we find out if SV is even halfway decent tomorrow night.

And what would you say the score would have to be to consider Shelby Valley a decent team?
Gator95 Wrote:Jetpilot, I want you to look at Leslie's schedule and look at Shelby valley's schedule. Tell me who has the harder schedule. The teams Leslie have played have won 4 games COMBINED. The teams valley has played- more than 3 of tem have winning records. Including paintsville , who Shelby valley only lost to by 10. With SIX turnovers. Shelby valley should be 6-0. Leslie has had a much easier schedule regardless what you believe. Valley beat this same exact team last year with 3 starters out. Leslie county has not won or competed against a decent team all year.

Funny post, especially the 6-0 sentence. :please:
Gator95 Wrote:And what would you say the score would have to be to consider Shelby Valley a decent team?

If SV loses by less than 20 they are decent IMO. 38-21 would be very respectable. Anything better than about 14 or so and I would even call SV
a good team. I would be surprised to see it though. Hope I am wrong.
The Blackcats are not looking past Shelby Valley, and Leslie should not overlook Betsy Layne.
Gator95 Wrote:Jetpilot, I want you to look at Leslie's schedule and look at Shelby valley's schedule. Tell me who has the harder schedule. The teams Leslie have played have won 4 games COMBINED. The teams valley has played- more than 3 of tem have winning records. Including paintsville , who Shelby valley only lost to by 10. With SIX turnovers. Shelby valley should be 6-0. Leslie has had a much easier schedule regardless what you believe. Valley beat this same exact team last year with 3 starters out. Leslie county has not won or competed against a decent team all year.

Im sure everyone wishes they could make the schedule ever year. But games are scheduled every 2 years, so Leslie is playing the schedule that is in front of them. The same schedule they
Just won 3 games with last year. Leslie has made some lineup changes and kids got a year older and stronger. Theres been a ton of improvement and we're very proud of our team.
leslie with A running clock
in second quarter/
I think
The people talking in this post don't know high school football. Everyone hates Leslie County just because we had the best athlete to ever come from Kentucky. Tim Couch. But with that being said each game from here on out is gonna be tough for leslie and there gonna have to fight every down to bring out wins. Coach Ed knows how to play the underdogs role. They did in 2011 when no1 thought they could do it. So please keep posting negative things about LC bc I promise you it will come back to bite you.
4ever witness Wrote:The people talking in this post don't know high school football. Everyone hates Leslie County just because we had the best athlete to ever come from Kentucky. Tim Couch. But with that being said each game from here on out is gonna be tough for leslie and there gonna have to fight every down to bring out wins. Coach Ed knows how to play the underdogs role. They did in 2011 when no1 thought they could do it. So please keep posting negative things about LC bc I promise you it will come back to bite you.

The people in this thread don't know football? Let's see here, who was the one who started this thread about a game that's over two weeks away, and immediately called it "The District Championship" even though both teams still have two other district games before then? Oh yeah, it was you.

If you're going to get on here and make rash assumptions, you have to expect that people will call you on it. Maybe that game on 10/24 will indeed be for the district title. Maybe it won't. It's a little early to just automatically assume both schools will go 2-0 the next two weeks.

Oh, and I don't see how Leslie will be in the underdog role, since apparently it's just a foregone conclusion that they will steamroll Betsy Layne and Shelby Valley these next two weeks. Sounds to me like Leslie must be the "favorite".
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4ever witness Wrote:The people talking in this post don't know high school football. Everyone hates Leslie County just because we had the best athlete to ever come from Kentucky. Tim Couch. But with that being said each game from here on out is gonna be tough for leslie and there gonna have to fight every down to bring out wins. Coach Ed knows how to play the underdogs role. They did in 2011 when no1 thought they could do it. So please keep posting negative things about LC bc I promise you it will come back to bite you.

I laughed
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I laughed

He really did. I took a picture for proof. Here it is Confusednicker: