Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/5 Cantrall Rankings
Manual, Simon Kenton new 1-2 in Cantrall ratings

Posted on October 5, 2014 by Mike FieldsUnbeaten Manual, which blasted Butler 35-0 Friday night, vaulted up to No. 1 in Dave Cantrall’s football ratings this week.

Unbeaten Simon Kenton, which crushed Campbell County 45-14, moved up to No. 2.

Bowling Green, the No. 1 team in the ratings the first few weeks of the season, is No. 3.

Trinity is still unrated because it has played only one Kentucky opponent. It lost to arch-rival St. Xavier 35-21 Friday night.

Top 25
1. Manual (6-0)

2. Simon Kenton (7-0)

3. Bowling Green (6-1)

4. Male (6-0)

5. St. Xavier (5-2)

6. Highlands (6-0)

7. Scott County (6-0)

8. (tie) Johnson Central (6-0)

8. Bryan Station (4-2)

10. Henry Clay (5-1)

11. Central Hardin (6-0)

12. (tie) Dixie Heights (5-1)

12. Lafayette (4-3)

14. Covington Catholic (3-3)

15. Pulaski County (6-0)

15. McCracken County (5-1)

17. Campbell County (4-2)

18. Ballard (3-3)

19. Caldwell County (7-0)

20. DeSales (7-0)

21. Mayfield (6-1)

22. Owensboro (6-1)

24. Beechwood (4-2)

25. Cooper (5-2)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
That's an interesting list. Especially with Johnson Central being #8 and DeSales barely making the top 20? I don't think Lafayette has any business being ranked that high or above some of those teams? Belfry beat Henry Clay by four scores, and their ranked #10? Henry Clay turned around and beat #12 Lafayette four weeks later. So where is Belfry, or even Pikeville for that matter?
2 Single A teams representing!!! Way to go!
where is williamsburg and corbin :disappoint: thats ok we will be later in the season. just sayin Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:where is williamsburg and corbin :disappoint: thats ok we will be later in the season. just sayin Confusedhh:

Williamsburg and Corbin both have arguments as well I think?

I'm only using Henry Clay as an example because I've seen them play, and Belfry didn't just beat them, they smoked them pretty handily. That's why I don't understand how you can rank a team #10 overall and not rank the only team that has beaten them all year? Then to top it off, you don't rank the team(Pikeville) that handed Belfry their only loss? I know Cantrall takes a lot of pride on ranking teams based on the opponents they've had, and Bryan Station is a good example of that. They have lost two games so far this year, one to St. Xavier and they also lost to Highlands by 6 points. So I get that, but he's been giving eastern KY the shaft for years. Johnson Central hasn't really played anybody yet, so that high of a ranking for them surprises me? I think they have the potential to live up to that ranking, but based on how Cantrall does things, it didn't make sense to me?
64SUR Wrote:where is williamsburg and corbin :disappoint: thats ok we will be later in the season. just sayin Confusedhh:

How does Williamsburg schedule compare to Beechwood.

Would Williamsburg be undefeated had they played Beechwoods schedule.

I guess some of the rankings go into strenght of sched.
64, I keep trying to tell you the rankings are just a tool. They are not going to be correct until late in the year. I have seen these computer rankings not get it right until the second or third round of the playoffs. The burg's biggest problem in these computer power rankings is their strength of schedule.
former Wrote:How does Williamsburg schedule compare to Beechwood.

Would Williamsburg be undefeated had they played Beechwoods schedule.

I guess some of the rankings go into strenght of sched.

We will never know, but we do know Beechwood is not.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:We will never know, but we do know Beechwood is not.

Yeah, not a knock on Williamsburg because they do have a very good team, especially for around here.

But Beechwood has for sure played a harder sched.

I wish a Corbin/Willimasburg game was this yr to settle discussions.
former Wrote:Yeah, not a knock on Williamsburg because they do have a very good team, especially for around here.

But Beechwood has for sure played a harder sched.

I wish a Corbin/Willimasburg game was this yr to settle discussions

Agree.
I don't know if any team in 1a would be undefeated playing Beechwood's schedule this year.
baseball1974 Wrote:Williamsburg and Corbin both have arguments as well I think?

I'm only using Henry Clay as an example because I've seen them play, and Belfry didn't just beat them, they smoked them pretty handily. That's why I don't understand how you can rank a team #10 overall and not rank the only team that has beaten them all year? Then to top it off, you don't rank the team(Pikeville) that handed Belfry their only loss? I know Cantrall takes a lot of pride on ranking teams based on the opponents they've had, and Bryan Station is a good example of that. They have lost two games so far this year, one to St. Xavier and they also lost to Highlands by 6 points. So I get that, but he's been giving eastern KY the shaft for years. Johnson Central hasn't really played anybody yet, so that high of a ranking for them surprises me? I think they have the potential to live up to that ranking, but based on how Cantrall does things, it didn't make sense to me?

He has for years, and continues to do so. I've always respected the AP, Cal preps, any, but his.
South Western would beat anyone from #8 on down handily.
jim rome Wrote:South Western would beat anyone from #8 on down handily.

I wouldn't say handily, but I would agree South Western is a top 10 team.
Losing to Corbin and Belfry does not make you a top 10 team.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Losing to Corbin and Belfry does not make you a top 10 team.

Losses were early, totally different team now. Can't stop there running attack.
SW is a different beast than they were earlier. That is one heckuva coaching staff they have over there and those kids are responding to them.
Williamsburg does not care about those ranking we just want to take the next step, CAmpville.
People complain that the Litratings stink, I've always thought "Can't tell" ratings are awful. Huge N KY bias. Example, Beechwood beats Cov Cath, Beechwood enters Top 25 and Cov Cath barely falls and is now 14th. Pikeville beats Belfry, Pikeville doesn't enter Top 25 and Belfry drops all the way out. Pikeville is probably better than Beechwood and Belfry is probably better than Cov Cath.:wtf1: Cov Cath and Beechwood 5 losses, many of them blowouts, Pikeville and Belfry 1 loss between them which is Belfry's loss to Pikeville.
jetpilot Wrote:People complain that the Litratings stink, I've always thought "Can't tell" ratings are awful. Huge N KY bias. Example, Beechwood beats Cov Cath, Beechwood enters Top 25 and Cov Cath barely falls and is now 14th. Pikeville beats Belfry, Pikeville doesn't enter Top 25 and Belfry drops all the way out. Pikeville is probably better than Beechwood and Belfry is probably better than Cov Cath.:wtf1: Cov Cath and Beechwood 5 losses, many of them blowouts, Pikeville and Belfry 1 loss between them which is Belfry's loss to Pikeville.

Totally agree. Some things never change.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Totally agree. Some things never change.

Dave is still stuck in the "Bermuda Triangle" as "The Dipper" always called it.
I see several teams behind JC that could beat them. They haven't played anyone.
Pikeville should be on the list
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Dave is still stuck in the "Bermuda Triangle" as "The Dipper" always called it.

Yeah. In the Bermuda Triangle with a "Northern Bearing."