Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LMS basketball
Is this where we will discuss middle school basketball as well?
Does anyone have a schedule for Louisa Middle??
Dawg@heart Wrote:Is this where we will discuss middle school basketball as well?
Does anyone have a schedule for Louisa Middle??

:thumpsup: Yes, all middle school threads are discussed here regardless of which sport.
Anyone have any thoughts on the area teams to share?
All I know is that Fallsburg and Louisa will be tough to handle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Louisa and Fallsburg play in the Johnson Co panorama this Friday and Saturday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, the young players sure didn't make much of a showing for themselves today in the Panorama at Johnson County Middle-actually embarassed themselves more than anything else!! 7th grade looked decent enough, some good kids at this level. As for the 8th grade-pitiful is a good description. And the sad part is there are several really talented players there. Coaching was horrible. first you cannot keep 17 kids on a basketball roster-way too many. these kids are old enough to be cut in tryouts like they are at every other school. Also can't play kids out of obligation at this level. Whomever makes basketball decisions for Lawrence County's kids best remedy the problem in the 8th grade coaching situation or there will be players drop out of basketball right now. We heard that the starters stand around in practice for 30-45 minutes at a time while the head coach spends all his time teaching the other kids how to play basketball. Shouldn't they already know by now??
Youth league is ended in elementary school and its time to think about the future of LC basketball. To do that you have to have a coach that is in the program and can coach the game. I'm sorry for these boys, especially the starters because they certainly won't get any better with another season like they had last year.
They wasnt to hard to handle Betsy Layne beat them pretty bad.
Which one did they beat? They have only had there full team for about a week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Louisa.....Betsy Layne has only had two practices because of a girls middle school tournament
Hey to be fair they just got the kids that played football about a week ago. They have any been able to practice twice because of the girls B-ball torney at the school. SO give them a little bit.
Does anyone know how Fallsburg looked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I heard that all they had been doing at practice so far was running. Wasn't working on anything at this point. I'm sorry to hear it going so bad. I know there are some really talented boys on this team. 16 on a roster is too much.
Fallsburg 7th lost and 8th won-they played at the high school so didn't see them in action. some great kids there though

Actually the boys have practiced for 2 weeks now-they at least should have run a few plays by now, especially knowing they were playing yesterday. They could have prepared a little for that
Those kids have had more than 2 practices!!! they worked like a well oiled machine-they were impressive as a team. Certainly will be one to reckon with this season!
If they worked like a well oiled machine what was wrong with them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Betsy layne looked a machine Batpuff-someone said they had only practice twice?
WE looked like kids who had never been on a court together.
who coaches Betsy Layne sounds like mid-season form
Dawg@heart Wrote:Betsy layne looked a machine Batpuff-someone said they had only practice twice?
WE looked like kids who had never been on a court together.

Oh ok, I also thought that we hadnt had that much practice together. Just a week for us as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Louisa did struggle. However I like to hear if they are on the team they are getting coached. Sometimes the diamond in the ruff is that 12th or thirteenth man in 8th grade. Then over the summer they grow six inches and wow!! Does not happen often true but it could. I saw the now 8th grade team twice last year. Both against Johnson County. First game they were pumped and played their guts out, only losing by four. Later in the year they were emotionless and lost by 40. Saturday emotionless again. However Betsy Layne is a very good team. Point guard is very impressive. As a former graduate of LCHS I hope they can turn it around and get going. Good luck the rest of the season and be excited to be on the floor.
Harold Tackett coaches betsy layne.....They play so well together because they have been playing together since they was 8. They play every summer together in AAU. But yea they have only had two practices since conditioning.
turd ferguson Wrote:Louisa did struggle. However I like to hear if they are on the team they are getting coached. Sometimes the diamond in the ruff is that 12th or thirteenth man in 8th grade. Then over the summer they grow six inches and wow!! Does not happen often true but it could. I saw the now 8th grade team twice last year. Both against Johnson County. First game they were pumped and played their guts out, only losing by four. Later in the year they were emotionless and lost by 40. Saturday emotionless again. However Betsy Layne is a very good team. Point guard is very impressive. As a former graduate of LCHS I hope they can turn it around and get going. Good luck the rest of the season and be excited to be on the floor.

The boys have issues with the coaching-same as last year. the coach may know the game but he simply cannot coach it. No excitement, no motivation. They needs to get someone in there to help Preece that can relate to the boys and enjoy the job and make the boys enjoy what they are doing.

Coach Anderson better step in before this feeder program falls apart.
They may want to ask Coach A for some uniforms. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Believe it or not, they actually wore middle school uniforms!!! haha
Dawg@heart Wrote:The boys have issues with the coaching-same as last year. the coach may know the game but he simply cannot coach it. No excitement, no motivation. They needs to get someone in there to help Preece that can relate to the boys and enjoy the job and make the boys enjoy what they are doing.

Coach Anderson better step in before this feeder program falls apart.
Hey Dawg I may be wrong but I firmly believe that at this age excitement and motivation are even more important than just x's and o's. What do you think?
Cheers to you, turd. They re old enough to know how to play but yet NEVER too old to need excitement and fun.
Dawg@heart Wrote:Cheers to you, turd. They re old enough to know how to play but yet NEVER too old to need excitement and fun.
I believe they are just beginning to learn to play.When you play well it is always fun and exciting.