Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky football players suspended
Should these players get in some sort of trouble? Yes. But talking about kicking them off the team for one mistake is ridiculous, especially something like this. Punish them, but use some common sense here. They will learn from their mistakes and we'll forget about this in a few weeks.
Fromthebleachers Wrote::lame:

Really.....you clearly are clueless. Pull up UK players arrest records. Neither program needs to point fingers. You don't want to go down that road. Your "THUG" comment is crossing the line. And not just from stereotyping either.

Let me jump over the line this time.

Lville and everyone in that town with red on, a lined beard, and flipping gang signs are thugs.

Take your town and become part of Indiana. Nobody wants you here Thug U. The Miami of present day.
I know what they did was silly, but let's not call for the kid's head's just yet. What went down at Virginia Tech was bad, but this is not then or there. We can't live in fear because of the past, if we did people would not be flying in planes or going up in skyscrapers because of 9-11. I went to college and I know a lot of people who are posting on this thread did also and I did worse things then this and I don't apologize for any of it. I was young and those were some of the best years of my life with a lot of memories. Like it or not these are still kids and they were just being kid's IMO. You are asking kid's to think things completely through like someone who is 30+ with kid's and a mortgage. I didn't think things completely through at that age and if you say you did then your a liar. I doubt very seriously that any of those who were involved in this was thinking about Virginia Tech or school shootings and they shouldent be dwelling on stuff like that, they should be having the time of their lives and building memories because life is way too short. Gobigblue82 said that this stuff is pretty common on a college campus this day and time and he is probably younger then me and most of us on here and would probably know. Is this the first time problems with airsoft guns have come up at UK or any other school or is it something that was just ignored until it made the news and people got embarrassed? I think they should get the proper punishment for breaking any team rules and any university rules, but calling for them to be kicked off the team or out of the school is just as silly as what they did IMO.
If those guys were not on the uk team what would they be charged with, stupidity, would they be ask to drop out of college no. I do not know of any law that they broke.
when I was there we Did the exact thing but, we staged A real life shoot out at A pool room on North Lime one of the guys was almost shot by A Lexington police officer, They brought A paddywagon down and locked all; of us up however it didn't make the papers, and we were not charged with anything the Judge said he could charge us with disturbing the peace, but he thought we had learned our lesson. The guns we used were starting guns for track, their equipment was at the old practice field, in the same building as ours. they left them out one day.
when I was there we Did the exact thing but, we staged A real life shoot out at A pool room on North Lime we did it with track starter guns, they brought A paddy wagon and locked us all up, one of our guys almost got killed by an off duty policeman, we had ketchup and all, the coaches ran us to death after they laughed their ass off. judge let us all go he said actually there was nothing to charge us with but stupidity, he did say he could charge us with disturbing the peace. But he said we had learned our lesson. then we had to face the coaches.
Now that I heard the whole story, doing this they should be charged with anything.
kids make mistakes, adults make mistakes

if they kick these guys off the team, then kick Hatcher off the team for being caught with weed in the offseason