Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern 54 South Laurel 51
Final.....

wow.

Harris has to take the snap and run it in with 1 second left.
South had the game won.
Took the lead with 14 seconds left and kicked off. On MS's first play, they throw it for 70 yards down to the SL 3 yard line.

Harris then takes the snap himself in shotgun and breaks three or four tackles to win the game.

If Im Pulaski, im loving this. If MS plays this way against PC, then we might see a running clock on national television.
Congratulations to South Laurel. Damien Harris is unreal. SOUTHERN is in trouble without him.
As I said before and took criticism for it:

Madison Southern is a very mediocre team that happens to have a generational type of player.
Wow I listens to the last 6 minute of this one. Wow what a game good job SOUTH LAUREL :worthy:
You're right EKU! He is the team. I'm interested to see how he performs against Pulaski County and Boyle County.
BoyleCounty Wrote:You're right EKU! He is the team. I'm interested to see how he performs against Pulaski County and Boyle County.

My guess... he will put on a show...but his team will lose by a fairly large margin.

I am seeing a 20+ carry night for 200+ yards and maybe 3 TD's. Breaks 2 or 3 big runs... but his team still loses by 3-4 TD's.
South just about pulled out the major upset. This was one barn burner of a game from the sounds of it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
He is definitely a loyal kid to have stayed with such a poor surrounding cast knowing he could have gone to play anywhere his senior year. Got to admire that.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:My guess... he will put on a show...but his team will lose by a fairly large margin.

I am seeing a 20+ carry night for 200+ yards and maybe 3 TD's. Breaks 2 or 3 big runs... but his team still loses by 3-4 TD's.

I don't think so....

PC's defense is good enough to contain Harris. I think he rushes over 20 times for around a 100 yards.
I don't think people quite understand just how good Pulaski is. Earlier in the year I said they would put a running clock on just about anyone in EKY and I meant it. Maybe everyone. They made quick work of Corbin, and Corbin has show they are very competitive, or atleast good enough to be a top 6 or 7 team in EKY.
What channel will they be playing on?
Agree with your assessment 100% EKU. Just like when Tim Couch was at Leslie, he was good enough to make them competitive in their class and get some playoff wins. But once you saw more complete teams a few weeks into the playoffs, the overall team weaknesses were exposed. I'm beginning to wonder now if Southern might not take a loss in one of their district road games at Southwestern (next week) or at North Laurel later in the year.
What did South do on offense was it a balanced attack
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Final.....

wow.

Harris has to take the snap and run it in with 1 second left.

sounds like it was a real defensive battle Confusednicker:
Van Hagar Wrote:Agree with your assessment 100% EKU. Just like when Tim Couch was at Leslie, he was good enough to make them competitive in their class and get some playoff wins. But once you saw more complete teams a few weeks into the playoffs, the overall team weaknesses were exposed. I'm beginning to wonder now if Southern might not take a loss in one of their district road games at Southwestern (next week) or at North Laurel later in the year.

If Doan had remained at Southwestern I think it would have been a very real possibility.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If Doan had remained at Southwestern I think it would have been a very real possibility.

Where did Doan end up?
back at somerset
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Where did Doan end up?

Somerset
Undoubtedly a defensive struggle.
I didn't think South could score 51 points in one game. They must be improving significantly.
E's Army Wrote:I didn't think South could score 51 points in one game. They must be improving significantly.

They just lost 63-0 last week to Corbin. That's a heck of an improvement. Talk about beating the spread. Football is crazy!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Somerset

Is he eligible to play?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Somerset

wow. just wow.
Especially after all that was said on here.

Im assuming he isn't eligible, correct?
I was at the game, everyone one was talking about Harris. But the real story should be on how South has improved! From the Williamsburg till Now! Quarter back was on target with the majority of his passes and a good scrambler and there receivers have finally learned how to catch the ball! Coaches have turned this team around in 4 Games! South was the first team to have the lead against MS and out scored them in the second half! South never gave up and played there hearts out!!!
Had to do a double take on this one, congrats to SL on such a great effort...
All these other kids on Madison Southern's team are caught up in the media blitz right now. If I'm this staff I keep these kids away from this as much as possible because they think they can show up and watch Damian go and it's going to burn them bad when the play Pulaski, Boyle, or get the the 2nd or 3rd round if the playoffs. Southern's defense is no better than it has been the last 10 years...at least it looked that way last night...I'm very disappointed right now.
If this doesn't show Eastern Kentuckians and coaches the value of A passing attack then we will be stuck in the slow pace power attack for years to come, I know that running the football has been good for a lot of teams in the Mts, I wonder how good they could have been with an ariel attack. I think that here in the MTS of Eastern Ky. we have the best athletes in the state, but we will never know how good they really are until we take the harness off, Do you ever see A D1 quarterback or a D1 receiver playing on Saturday from Eastern KY, Tim Couch He was on A passing team at Hyden. Besides it is so much fun to watch. In most cases our best athletes we have in the MTs are what? As a rule QBs what do we do with them? They get to hand the ball off for the next best athlete to run with it. almost never getting to realize his ability to throw it, When he does throw it, it is usually 3rd down and a quarter of a mile.
South Laurel I owe you an apology, I just didn't realize how low you started from. You played A real hart warming game, good luck.
redhound93 Wrote:I was at the game, everyone one was talking about Harris. But the real story should be on how South has improved! From the Williamsburg till Now! Quarter back was on target with the majority of his passes and a good scrambler and there receivers have finally learned how to catch the ball! Coaches have turned this team around in 4 Games! South was the first team to have the lead against MS and out scored them in the second half! South never gave up and played there hearts out!!!

After that debacle of a game South Laurel had last week, I thought they were done, obviously I was bad wrong. I hate that they lost this one at the end, but I believe they found out they have a coaching staff and players to build on.:Thumbs:
Glad to see South Put up a big fight in this one. Wish they would have pulled the upset off. Would've been monumental.