Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 47 Lawrence Co. 14
Complete meltdown by the offense. I lost count just in the 1st half of the unforced turnovers with bad snaps and handoffs. We had like 2 or 3 interceptions but not one of those were anywhere near the intended receiver.
I also lost count of the false start and illegal motion penalties, this was like a team who was in the 1st game of the year instead of the 5th. This team is going backwards just like last year only sooner this time and all of that is just what went wrong on offense. This defense has been suspect all year and it just got exposed by an offense with half a pulse. This has got to be the most fundamentally unsound defense and team Lawrence County has ever had and it was pretty bad last year also. The kids on this team act like they have never been shown how to wrap up and tackle. People can go ahead and defend the coaching all they want but when a team has no fundamentals and gets worse as the season goes every season then that must rest squarely on the coaches shoulders period! Next season will be rinse wash repeat. We will start with about 4 or 5 bad teams to hide how bad we are then get embarrassed when we are forced to play someone good by our district schedule. Way to much speed, talent and athleticism on this team for it to be playing this bad.
Congrats to Raceland and Scotty on the win. Very classy people in Raceland.
I would not get fooled by the score of this game because this team has got worse every week and East Carter could have put up 40 on this defense tonight! This is no exaggeration and if you don't believe me go look at the film but I saw a few defenders move out of the way of Raceland players and not even try to make a play.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Complete meltdown by the offense. I lost count just in the 1st half of the unforced turnovers with bad snaps and handoffs. We had like 2 or 3 interceptions but not one of those were anywhere near the intended receiver.
I also lost count of the false start and illegal motion penalties, this was like a team who was in the 1st game of the year instead of the 5th. This team is going backwards just like last year only sooner this time and all of that is just what went wrong on offense. This defense has been suspect all year and it just got exposed by an offense with half a pulse. This has got to be the most fundamentally unsound defense and team Lawrence County has ever had and it was pretty bad last year also. The kids on this team act like they have never been shown how to wrap up and tackle. People can go ahead and defend the coaching all they want but when a team has no fundamentals and gets worse as the season goes every season then that must rest squarely on the coaches shoulders period! Next season will be rinse wash repeat. We will start with about 4 or 5 bad teams to hide how bad we are then get embarrassed when we are forced to play someone good by our district schedule. Way to much speed, talent and athleticism on this team for it to be playing this bad.
The LC game plan never changed. The offensive line, other than the first series, got smacked in the mouth. The defense as a whole looked like a middle school defense. All the while very good defensive players were on the sideline. Many players slacking on both sides of the ball. Hard for a QB to make accurate throws when nobody is holding their blocks. Hard for a running back to gain if no help blocking. But this is the 22 coaches fault. Raceland had a good game plan and the LC coaches never adjusted. No short low risk sideline passes to spread the defense early. No punting when it is 4th and 14 on your own 40 and a tie game. Results in an interception, which actually cost Raceland about 10 yards. Had they punted most likely would have put Raceland inside the 20 instead of at the 50. I believe Raceland scored every one of their points off of LC turnovers. 4 fumbles and 3 interceptions resulted in 42 points for Raceland. We have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time.
That's it, blame it on the coaches, blame it on the players, blame it on the fans, blame it on the refs....blame it on everything but what it really is. Heck, now for some reason, according to some of you guys, it's my fault. I told you all this was figured out a long time ago, and still absolutely nobody will listen.

:ChairHit:

It's the dang water!!!!
I was standing on the fence beside raceland bench. The thing that stood out to me was the head coach was the only voice and he commanded the entire team. Lol I loved how he jumped on the ground to show how to recover the football.
Bob Seger Wrote:That's it, blame it on the coaches, blame it on the players, blame it on the fans, blame it on the refs....blame it on everything but what it really is. I told you all it was figured out a long time ago, and absolutely nobody will listen.

It's the water!!!!

Says the idiot from a :flush: Hole where the motto is Save H20 Drink Mt. Dew!!!!!!
Another one bites the dust lol
:Clap:
Leonidas Wrote:Another one bites the dust lol

The Profile Picture of Seger sticking it to you or you to Seger???????Confusednicker:
KyRock Wrote:Says the idiot from a :flush: Hole where the motto is Save H20 Drink Mt. Dew!!!!!!

STOP step away from the key board. Go get your medication and take it. Things will be better next year when you get Boyd, East Carter, Breathitt, Fairview & Rowan County. Maybe you can drop Raceland and add another team on the above skill level. That way you will be 6-0 before you get waxed again. :please:
Eagle84 Wrote:STOP step away from the key board. Go get your medication and take it. Things will be better next year when you get Boyd, East Carter, Breathitt, Fairview & Rowan County. Maybe you can drop Raceland and add another team on the above skill level. That way you will be 6-0 before you get waxed again. :please:

:lame: :yawn: Oh you got me there :igiveup:Confusednicker: I was giving JC Fans the benefit of a doubt and it just being you were dumb. You are not dumb its pure stupidity! Confusednicker:
I would say with you and Seger it being to easy. I can't get any satisfaction in like JC there is no competition. Somebody say something or somebody else let me pick on you. Or someone else pick on me or something????? With the JC morons it is beyond easy!!!!!!!
Eagle84 Wrote:STOP step away from the key board. Go get your medication and take it. Things will be better next year when you get Boyd, East Carter, Breathitt, Fairview & Rowan County. Maybe you can drop Raceland and add another team on the above skill level. That way you will be 6-0 before you get waxed again. :please:

Boyd, East Carter, Rowan County 4A????? Tough District you girls play in :biglmao: JC District Champs :lame:
Uh, did I already say:Clap:
[quote=KyRock]Boyd, East Carter, Rowan County 4A????? Tough District you girls play in :biglmao: JC District Champs :lame:[/QUOTD

DID LC have a District Championship in any sports last year? What was the LC / Belfry score last year? I guess Belfry had the say problem of a weak district. Can you say waxed.

I agree with youth on the district no sure what we can do about that. I guess the answer the such a weak district schedule is to schedule LC.
Bob Seger Wrote:Uh, did I already say:Clap:

Drink you another one Bobby and not Mt. Dew either Confusednicker:
Eagle84 Wrote:[quote=KyRock]Boyd, East Carter, Rowan County 4A????? Tough District you girls play in :biglmao: JC District Champs :lame:[/QUOTD

DID LC have a District Championship in any sports last year? What was the LC / Belfry score last year? I guess Belfry had the say problem of a weak district. Can you say waxed.

I agree with youth on the district no sure what we can do about that. I guess the answer the such a weak district schedule is to schedule LC.

Belfry unlike JC or LC has something we don't or won't a State Championship. Matney will more than likely get him at least one championship however. When he leaves JC for Belfry when Haywood retires. :biglmao:Confusednicker:
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The LC game plan never changed. The offensive line, other than the first series, got smacked in the mouth. The defense as a whole looked like a middle school defense. All the while very good defensive players were on the sideline. Many players slacking on both sides of the ball. Hard for a QB to make accurate throws when nobody is holding their blocks. Hard for a running back to gain if no help blocking. But this is the 22 coaches fault. Raceland had a good game plan and the LC coaches never adjusted. No short low risk sideline passes to spread the defense early. No punting when it is 4th and 14 on your own 40 and a tie game. Results in an interception, which actually cost Raceland about 10 yards. Had they punted most likely would have put Raceland inside the 20 instead of at the 50. I believe Raceland scored every one of their points off of LC turnovers. 4 fumbles and 3 interceptions resulted in 42 points for Raceland. We have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time.

It's to late for that! Someone would have to take this team and start all over like they were in pee wee again and teach em how to block and tackle and play as a team. This team playing like this and going backwards probably won't win another game this year. We may squeak out a win against Sheldon Clark and that is a big stretch at this point.
Sheldon Clark-?????
Pike Central- loss
Belfry- Running clock
Prestonsburg- Running clock
To E-a-s-y
KyRock Wrote:[quote=Eagle84]

Belfry unlike JC or LC has something we don't or won't a State Championship. Matney will more than likely get him at least one championship however. When he leaves JC for Belfry when Haywood retires. :biglmao:Confusednicker:

You failed to answer how many district championship LC had last year? :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Eagle84 Wrote:[quote=KyRock]

You failed to answer how many district championship LC had last year? :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Same as the percentage of JC winning against Highlands or CC Confusednicker: See you want to compare teams when I will tell you we are not playing well. I don't get on here and claim that LC will win a State Championship every year. There is a big difference in Contender and Pretender which LC isn't good enough to be either right now. And a bigger difference in being a wanna be which is a good thing because you got to be a wanna be. Like JC they are a wanna be that likes to think they have one a Championship when in reality they are not even a top 5 team in 4a. Let it be known No LC shouldn't be in the top 10 the way they have been playing.
KyRock Wrote:[quote=Eagle84]

Same as the percentage of JC winning against Highlands or CC Confusednicker: See you want to compare teams when I will tell you we are not playing well. I don't get on here and claim that LC will win a State Championship every year. There is a big difference in Contender and Pretender which LC isn't good enough to be either right now. And a bigger difference in being a wanna be which is a good thing because you got to be a wanna be. Like JC they are a wanna be that likes to think they have one a Championship when in reality they are not even a top 5 team in 4a. Let it be known No LC shouldn't be in the top 10 the way they have been playing.

I understand that you have difficult time in dealing with logic due to the medication you are taking. For anyone to think they are a favorite with Highland in their class is just plain stupid. Highland has what 25 State Championships. Like I said in the previous post we have had 2 good shots at Highland and 1 at CC and missed on all three shots. I not saying if we had hit the shot that we would have went on and won the state. But the odds would have been very good. I am not sure where we stand in 4 A this year but I would guess it would be fair to say that over the past few years most people would logically place JC in the top 5. Again all JC wants is a District Championship and at Shot at CC and Highlands. JC can live with missing the shot it appears LC afraid to take the shot. Keep playing one of the weakest non-district schedule in the area. :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I forgot to explain to you in Coach Matney area at JC we are 3 and 3 against CC.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Complete meltdown by the offense. I lost count just in the 1st half of the unforced turnovers with bad snaps and handoffs. We had like 2 or 3 interceptions but not one of those were anywhere near the intended receiver.
I agree with about everything you said except "fundamentally unsound defense", in order to have that you first have to have a defense and with LC giving up 163 points this year it would seem we have NO defense at all. Sure we have won 5 games only because the teams we have played had even less defense that we do. Now comes along Raceland who had a solid D and we crumble like a 6 week old pop-tart. I have yelled, preached, cussed for several years now on the tackling our team tries to do. Maybe one or two tackles a game we wrap up. Why you ask? cause we NEVER hardly work on it in practice,not even in summer practice. This team has way too many skill players not to be winning and winning big. Someone needs to take the linemen to the side for 30 minutes each day and work on nothing but blocking and tackling. You have 30+ guys standing around during practice watching the starters run plays. How about some inner squad scrimmage? Teach them what it feels like to hit a hard runner and not wait till game day for them to experience that. Other than that I feel we have a great coaching staff, and when it comes to offense they are some of the best, but unless you plan to score 40-50 points each game you better have a defense that can hold someone in the teens.
Eagle84 Wrote:[quote=KyRock]

I understand that you have difficult time in dealing with logic due to the medication you are taking. For anyone to think they are a favorite with Highland in their class is just plain stupid. Highland has what 25 State Championships. Like I said in the previous post we have had 2 good shots at Highland and 1 at CC and missed on all three shots. I not saying if we had hit the shot that we would have went on and won the state. But the odds would have been very good. I am not sure where we stand in 4 A this year but I would guess it would be fair to say that over the past few years most people would logically place JC in the top 5. Again all JC wants is a District Championship and at Shot at CC and Highlands. JC can live with missing the shot it appears LC afraid to take the shot. Keep playing one of the weakest non-district schedule in the area. :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

I say LC will do just that and JC keep winning the weakest District regardless of Class.
I wish LC would toughen up the schedule, add teams like Ashland, Russell, Johnson Central and not even deal with Breathitt, Boyd, or Rowan. Even though those teams have had their good years Ashland, Russell and JC have more consistent programs that would only make us better. I would rather loose by 20 points to a great team than win by 30 too a so so team. As long as its not a district game it could only make us better in the long run. PLAY TOUGH BECOME TOUGH!!
I honestly think this LC team is good enough to play with raceland. Or at least should have been able too. But the coaching staff has not done them any favors by having such a cup cake schedule on the front end. Same thing happened last year. Instead of a mid season wake up call it's a nose dive. Another thing I've noticed are te kids get visibly weaker and slower. They all stop with any and all weight training. Their weight program is far behind a lot of teams in the area.
The first drive LC had, they blew Raceland off the ball. And that was the extent of their offensive prowess outside of Mosley's score late in the game on Raceland's JV. Lawrence was enemic after that drive. As soon as Raceland went up one score, they went flat. I hate seeing that. I really expected a better game. Raceland played on a short field all night. Almost every descent offensive output from LC was negated by penalties.

From Raceland's standpoint, looked great defensively. Offensively was nothing flashy, but with defensive scores and playing on a short field, we didnt have to be.

No disrespect to Lawrence Co, I for one, was happy to see them to be back on the prowl of relevancy, but there is something bad wrong in Louisa. Too many atheletes, size, strength, and ability to look like they did last night. Lineman standig and watching and not finishing blocks, Dalton's jawing(Raceland had an issue with that from one of our kids as well, no excuse for that crap), all that coupled with everyone on the defense looking for a big hit and not wrapping up. Was really hoping that I was wrong but LC is moving in reverse. If it doesnt get better, Idk how much longer Cecil will be there.
inspiron Wrote:With all do respect double g, you are an idiot and have no bearing on Lawrence county football. I do respect your passion for the game and program because believe it or not you are the type of people who make Friday nights even more enjoyable for young men due to the passion you show. It takes a couple of crazies to make a player feel above the magicial heavens when those lights turn on. Anyways, back to the thread, I believe that no matter if a coach is in his 80th year or 1st, a winner is a winner. The talent level that Lawrence County had to work with last year defianetly should have been better reflected by their performance. A coach takes talent and molds them into winners!! I'm not saying that Cecil is a bad guy and wouldn't give the shirt off his back but will last season reflect the future outcome of what's to come? If you are willing to say that the senior leadership and the talent of last years team couldn't produce better results, then I question your football IQ of what it takes to take a team beyond their capabilities. He is in a young period in a head coaching career at LC and especially from a program that demands the impossible as it seems at times. But is this a telling tell of what the future holds? If he can't work with what he had last year can the program wait another 3 years for talent to re-surface? Nothing against coach cecil and his coaching staff but maybe I just see the writing on the wall a little clearer than most; he will be replaced in 2 years with mediocre results and a un happy bulldog nation. I would love to eat crow on this one but that's just my opinion!!

My quote in 2012 from another post. Just saying, why is it that people get all excited and have blinders on when people get hired. He's a great guy but none of the coaches put together could make a great coach. I could go on forever. Sorry double GG for the harshness; you turned out to be a really good fan to follow and read things from, every now and again.
I think some coaches are better suited as OC/DC or position coaches. I think this is the case for Cecil atleast at this point in his career. LC as a whole seems to lack leadership. Idc how good his is, Dalton would have served the KHSAA suspension, plus a team sanctioned suspension if it were me. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt after the Breathitt game, but he was baiting and jawing all night. As was Maverick, there is just no excuse for that. He will have to set out of the Nicholas Co game, cant due that kind of crap. For us to get where we want to go, that kind of bs cant become a habit. Which I have full faith that Mike will put the lid on that jar very quickly.

Tbh, Raceland impressed me in this game. They capitalized on mistakes and as a team we are growing and getting better and better each week. With our remaining schedule, we will have a few more games to prepare us for the playoffs. Namely Fairview and Ironton. Love the way this program is growing and developing.