Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will UK get Bowl eligible??
ekff Wrote:Notre Dame beat LSU in 1997 & 1998... (5-5) all time vs LSU

Notre Dame beat Tennessee in 2004 & 2005...
How many times has UK beat Tennessee in the last 25 years?? Sorry had to.

Notre Dame beat A&M in 2000... Which A&M wasnt in SEC yet..

Notre Dame (5-2) all time vs Bama...

Notre Dame (1-0) all time vs Florida...

Notre Dame (3-1) all time vs South Carolina...

Considering the superiority complex that ND thinks they have over the college football world compared to UK, I would think UK's 1-25 record against TN in that span actually looks better than ND's. With the way ND fans think they are, they should have put up 200 points, one million yards, and 40 injuries against TN.

I think the big point here is ND is just not relevant anymore or anywhere close to being a power. Comparing there record against playing one SEC team a year compared to what were saying of playing IN the conference and having those tough games ever so often would greatly diminish the appeal of ND.

And FTR, UK has just as many wins against ND as ND has against UK.
I hope ND wins one game this year. Louisville.
I noticed those games stop in 2005. About the time ND slid into irrelevancy. That is the time frame that the SEC became the dominant power.
^
Exactly.
Again, I don't understand BBN...

You argue the success of a whole conference against one team (my Irish).... I just don't understand who y'all are fans of???? Just don't get it...

U act like no one knows anything about football but SEC fans...

I know my Irish aren't a top 5 team this year, but we are a top 10-15 team. ND prolly won't beat Florida State in 2 weeks... And I also believe that Auburn is much better than ND.... But guess what, I am still a Notre Dame fan...

But to say ND isn't a power football school is just stupid... And I also believe the SEC East sucks this year..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:southern cal is ranked. Northwestern has beat two ranked teams in a row. And Florida state is better than any team on UK schedule. So while I'm a UK fan this is entirely inaccurate.

Actually, your post is inaccurate. As of October 6th, when my post (and yours) was made, Southern Cal was not ranked in either the AP or USA Today polls. They were only in the "Others receiving votes" listing. They had been ranked earlier in the season, but fell out due to losses (as did LSU).

Also, Northwestern did not beat two ranked teams in a row. They did beat one team who was ranked at the time (Wisconsin), but that's it. Northwestern also lost to Northern Illinois, the same Northern Illinois who just squeaked by Kent State by 3 points.

I will agree that FSU is likely better than anyone on UK's schedule. But that's not what was being discussed. If you look at the overall schedules, UK's looks stronger.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I disagree...I think we have 7-8 Florida States in the SEC alone. I truly think up to 8 teams in the SEC could beat FSU on any given Saturday.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I disagree...I think we have 7-8 Florida States in the SEC alone. I truly think up to 8 teams in the SEC could beat FSU on any given Saturday.

Are you crazy? Please name these 7-8 teams
I understand what EKFF is saying, and it's comments like this that spark it.
But when UK isn't winning in football..
You have to cheer on your SEC brethren.
In Kentucky we have a lot of Bama fans.. Obviously because their good and a great coach.
The SEC is the best conference for football. Just how it is.
ekff Wrote:Again, I don't understand BBN...

You argue the success of a whole conference against one team (my Irish).... I just don't understand who y'all are fans of???? Just don't get it...

U act like no one knows anything about football but SEC fans...

I know my Irish aren't a top 5 team this year, but we are a top 10-15 team. ND prolly won't beat Florida State in 2 weeks... And I also believe that Auburn is much better than ND.... But guess what, I am still a Notre Dame fan...

But to say ND isn't a power football school is just stupid... And I also believe the SEC East sucks this year..

Who said they were SEC fans?
This is an argument every non SEC viewer says. Its not about being fans of other SEC teams. Were fans of UK. All we are saying is schools like ND couldn't play a SEC SCHEDULE and be relevant. They would be a mid-tier team 9 of every 10 years.

We despise other SEC programs. What pisses off fans like you is you want to poke fun of UK because UK has traditionally sucked at football and when you do, people bring up playing in the SEC.

It makes no sense. ND needs to join and conference and quit being pansies.
SEC is 40-5 out of conference this year. Playing in the SEC is not for the weak. Middle of the road teams from other conferences would lose 6 or 7 conference games if playing in the SEC. Maybe 0-8 if placed in the west. 7-5 or 8-4 bowl bound becomes 4-8 or 5-7 staying at home if you are middle of the pack kind of team. Very good teams will lose 3 games in the west. Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Miss. State , Ole Miss. Pick your poison. Arkansas is very good but in the wrong league. Ga., SC, Missouri and Florida are on the east side. UT and UK are up and coming programs but the SEC is a tough wall to climb.
After watching LSU over the weekend... I think we can beat them now! I just worry that it is at LSU
Now I know we will beat Missouri, Vandy, Tennessee, Louisville

Losses Miss St

Maybe LSU
I think UK can beat LSU...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
True Story.

UK has a CHANCE at beating LSU. I think there pretty even, but it is at LSU.
I think Miss St. is a loss.
I think Missouri and Tennessee should be underdogs to UK.
I think Georgia, with a eligible Gurley will squeeze one out against UK.
And Lville, well Lville has never been more a sure win.

Hell, im just glad I can say that and keep a straight face.
Don't jump off the bandwagon if we lose the next three...

The Cats will be a better football team come UT and UoL week!

Believing in the Wildacts Football program and a potential bowl invite!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Ballers Wrote:Are you crazy? Please name these 7-8 teams
I understand what EKFF is saying, and it's comments like this that spark it.
But when UK isn't winning in football..
You have to cheer on your SEC brethren.
In Kentucky we have a lot of Bama fans.. Obviously because their good and a great coach.
The SEC is the best conference for football. Just how it is.

What are you even talking about? Maybe you need to re-read my comment. I do think 7-8 teams could beat FSU..