Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams By division
plantmanky Wrote:Good question, we go on 2 year cycles for the state enrollment reports. In doing so we use the 6th & 7th grade males on said report.

So for this season and last season we use the report from 2012-2013 school year.

So the enrollment numbers are for kids who would have been in 7th and 8th last year, which was the first of the 2-year enrollment cycle. That does make sense. Based on those cutoffs, I would assume that Shelby Valley would be in D3 (the smallest schools).

The main reason I was asking is because out in eastern KY, most schools don't have 6th graders playing on the middle school team, just 7th and 8th. They either have a 5th/6th grade team (like our school), or they do some sort of local league up through 6th grade.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:So this year's (2014-2015) 6th and 7th grade males will determine divisions for the next 2 years (2015 and 2016)?

Correct.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I think we are good with where we are at on the division numbers. I could see given a school the option to drop or jump up a division if they are within a 10 student gap from being in a lower or higher division.

i think the association has ben doing a great job with the divisional breakups...most travel times are decent and the locations for regional teams aren't bad.

I don't agree with tv timeout about creating a smaller division.look at the d2 and d3 brackets and there are some regions who barely have enough teams. I think last year one team. Had to win just one game to be in the regional finals...

Getting the participation #'s up is the key, the more teams involved, the better things can be.
Participation is it... Problem is that membership is fluid. Some teams play in when they are good a slink out when they aren't. My program has been guilty of that a few years ago.

Point is this should be mandatory from khsaa. You play ms football, you follow the rules, and you play in.
Hey all, does anyone know how teams from each region are doing this years? I know we don't know who's in or not but I thought it would be nice to know how last years playoff teams were doing this year.

Region 3 last year was:
Westport (6-2)
Jctms (7-1)
Shelby East
Shelby West
Elkhorn
Scott county
Anderson county
Union
Highland (JCPS)
Myers
Crosby

Any one know those teams records this year? I can get most of the JCPS teams records..just not sure on county teams..
Bluegrass is 7-2, North hardin middle is 1-9, TK Stone (etown) has a losing record this year as well not sure exact record.. These teams were D2 R1 last year
When do you think playoff schedules will be posted and when do you expect the first round to start? I saw a schedule that said 7th grade games begin this coming Monday. Is that correct? Thanks
SWHS future Wrote:When do you think playoff schedules will be posted and when do you expect the first round to start? I saw a schedule that said 7th grade games begin this coming Monday. Is that correct? Thanks

What the???????????

2014 State Championship Dates

October 7, 2014 - Play in Round Games
October 11, 2014 - First Round Games
October 18, 2014 - Second Round Games
October 25, 2014 - Regional Finals
November 1, 2014 - Semi Finals (Region 1 vs Region 4, Region 2 vs Region 3)
November 2, 2014 - Finals
plantmanky Wrote:What the???????????

2014 State Championship Dates

October 7, 2014 - Play in Round Games
October 11, 2014 - First Round Games
October 18, 2014 - Second Round Games
October 25, 2014 - Regional Finals
November 1, 2014 - Semi Finals (Region 1 vs Region 4, Region 2 vs Region 3)
November 2, 2014 - Finals
I didn't think that looked correct. I think it was an assumption that playoff games would begin next week since their last season game is this week. Thanks for the clarification.