Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeSales 37 Warren Central 12
Defense was nasty tonight. Colts are starting to hit their stride.
Far and away the clear cut favorite in 2A and the gap is starting to look vast.
Colts are running wild.
You called it. I know you are a Colt fan, but they flat out put a licking on Warren Central. This game answered several questions. Warren Central has a lot of work to do. Games like this one can only help them down the road. And, Desales is the favorite to repeat this year.
I really expected Warren Central to be tougher this year. I know several guys ive met around Bowling Green were pretty optimistic.
Caldwell County has to be the favorite from the west, but Desales has something that Caldwell County doesn't have, a defense! Caldwell has scored 212 points in three games, but have given up 110 points. Desales has give up 18 points in three games. I'll take a good defensive team any day.
Colts D recorded 9 sacks, and held feggins to 7 catches 103 yards. This D is tough. They play physical. I think DeSales, and Caldwell are the 2 best teams. One is powered by a high scoring offense, and the other by a physical hard nosed defense. I think the difference could be that our offense, is better than Caldwell's defense. We'll line up, and try to run through you, if you crowd the box, we'll throw it, with no problems. Can Caldwell's defense step it up in Dec, when it's cold? We still have a tough path to get there. CAL, and Bardstown will not be pushovers. Then Hopefully we can finally get Glasgow at home. Then hopefully we can meet the Tigers. It's a game our boys want. We owe them one. Until someone can beat NCC I'll still pencil them in from east.
Good win for the Colts. They will need that kind of d in the playoffs.