Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 59 Tennessee-Martin 14
Final

Good win for the Wildcats to open up the season

:Cheerlead:popcorn:
Time to sign Stoops to another extension.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Time to make Towles QB position permenant. He owned it today.
Cats looked really good today. Glad to see WR not dropping the ball this year. Running game looks good to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I was there. Pretty good atmosphere. Im glad Stoops got on BGR and listened to me.

Towles should have been starting the day he walked on campus. UK is lucky he didn't transfer. I was really impressed with how well the game flowed for UK.
Heard looked really good in the backfield. UK's receivers didn't drop many balls, and UT Martin just didn't have the horses.

We struggled with teams like this the past couple of years and today we looked like an SEC team playing a weak non conference opponent like it should be.
This was a 45-0 game early in the third when UK started subbing. Had we left the 1st teamers in, there no doubt in my mind we could have put up 80.
Jarons Wrote:Time to sign Stoops to another extension.

He may not have got his extension yet but I bet BARNHEAD gave him a raise.
Gut, you are spot on. Granted I think fighting for the job made Towles a better player.

Also, I don't see why everyone is hating on Stoops. What he had done in a short amount of time with purely underclassman is remarkable. The program is moving in the right direction. Granted we are probably 2 years out from seeing the major fruit of labor. Today, you saw a hop in the step, confident men battling for one another who believe in one another. The atmosphere with the changes in music was a nice change. Not saying we are going to win the SEC but I don't think we will be the doormats much longer.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Gut, you are spot on. Granted I think fighting for the job made Towles a better player.

Also, I don't see why everyone is hating on Stoops. What he had done in a short amount of time with purely underclassman is remarkable. The program is moving in the right direction. Granted we are probably 2 years out from seeing the major fruit of labor. Today, you saw a hop in the step, confident men battling for one another who believe in one another. The atmosphere with the changes in music was a nice change. Not saying we are going to win the SEC but I don't think we will be the doormats much longer.
No one is hating on Stoops, he has put more life in the program than has been there in along time. I put all my frustration right at the feet of BARNHEAD who is so desperate that he give raises for 2 win seasons.
UK looked like a talented young football team today. We saw a vast improvement on Offense in the passing game today. If UK has improved on defense like I think they have they will be in about every game they play this year. I think the DT spot is were the UK Defense has made a major improvement in toughness size and skill. I also liked how the DB AJ Stamps looked today. Stoops is a defensive coach and I am hoping his D improves as much as his Offense showed today.
I think the reason Barnhart gave the raise is because he knows there is no way UK could get another god coach if Stoops were to leave in the case we didn't give him a raise.

I agree its ridiculous to give a coach a raise after a 2 win season, but its the name of the game. We could end up with another Joker if we don't.
Jarons Wrote:Time to sign Stoops to another extension.

:biglmao:

Good stuff.......I needed that tonight!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
What impressed me is Towles protected the ball, didn't panic, and that kid has an arm. Braylon Heard is everything they said he was until he rolled his ankle. I would like to see the run D stiffen up just a little but it was the first game and the linebackers are young so they will get better.
Great win. Beat the teams you are suppose too and try to pull an upset or 2 and slide into a bowl game, would be a GREAT season. Sportscenter showing UK FOOTBALL highlights and kids 1 handed INT making Top 10 only helping Stoops and company get UKs program out to the recruits.
I believe this is the first time we've won the first game of the season in like 5 years.
I thought Kentucky played the way they should have. It only gets tougher fom here.
Cats looked like they had some SEC caliber players today. Fruits of recruiting are beginning to show.