Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Men's Basketball
I was wondering if anyone knew who Pikeville has brought in for this season, I've seen a lot of local players sign, I was wondering if they have any former NCAA Division 1 Transfers out playing this year. Any help is appreciated.
Kelly Wells and Assistant Coach Richie Riley should be able to help turn this program around. They had a very bad season last year with the valley being a loss to NAIA D-2 Alice Lloyd College. Not sure about D-1 transfers, sorry I couldn't help more.
From what I hear they are gonna be tough. They won't go winless in the conference like last year, I promise you that.
Redneck Wrote:From what I hear they are gonna be tough. They won't go winless in the conference like last year, I promise you that.

I would have to agree wtih you a 100% :thumpsup:
Reading about the football team on here, I've noticed that Coach Wells seems to be doing the things to endear the program with the local fans such as signing so many local players, and I've also read in the newspaper that they are going to local areas such as Phelps and Betsy Layne to hold public scrimmages. I've also heard that a JV squad will be playing at Pikeville. Its good seeing more local kids getting signed and having a chance to further their education. I hope they take advantage of the opportunity.
Coach Wells is a class act and will be a great benefit to the college.
I know he brought in a former 10th region player from GRC named Bo Harris. You will love watching him play. He is around 6'8 can leap, block shots and knows how to attack the basket. He was on the Ky Allstars team when Kelly Wells was the coach.
Weren't Coach Wells and asst. Riley the coaches at Hawaii Pacific last year?
Slamdown Wrote:Weren't Coach Wells and asst. Riley the coaches at Hawaii Pacific last year?

Yeah, I think you're right.
Coach Wells will rebuild this program in a few yrs. This years team will struggle. .500 will be a good season. Good luck bears!
I heard that Wells was wanting to go coach D1 basketball, so im not sure how long he will say around coaching at Pikeville. You never know when a D1 job might open up for him.
Very true slam